Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: Emily Lake (possible spoilers)

kanniballl

[21]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 18

Tayke wrote:
    I totally forgot about the dog! Artie definitely needs to turn back time now, and save the dog. THINK OF THE PUPPIES! THE PUPPIES, I SAY! Also, why was everyone so chummy with HG all of a sudden? Like, why was Claudia so upset when they had to destroy the coin? I watched all the episodes, but clearly I missed something...

Myka more-or-less made up with her during the season premiere "The New Guy," during her conversation with HG's hologram.

Pete made up with her during the semi-recent episode "3...2...1..." At the very least he made his peace with her, and perhaps by the end of the episode forgave her when she gave her speech to both him and the paranoid civilian at the same time.

Claudia, tough call. I don't remember anything out-right, save that she was really in HG's camp last season after HG saved her from the dead sports drink in For the Team. HoweverI don't recall if we ever had a scene in season 3 that had her forgive betraying them, having Artie shot, and almost destroying the world.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shreela

[22]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 8
    Someone from TWOP found Artie's dog tweets: http://twitter.com/#!/TrailerTheDog

"I assure you, I'm alive. I'd take a picture holding the newspaper, but I don't have hands and I lost my camera when SOMEONE BLEW UP MY HOUSE"

"oops ran out of space. anyway, i think I need a new place to crash. Does #Sanctuary need a dog?"

"I followed Claudia. It's good that she finished off Marcus with the metronome because if she didn't I was gonna bite that creep in the di"

ukeishiro

[23]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 6
    I'm loking for the music during the explosion at the very end of the "stand" episode.
    Some say that is "running up the hill" from Placebo but it's the song when we discover Steve's death isn't it?
    I know that at the end it's an instrumental version but it's not the same???
    So if somebody knows?

Tayke

[24]Oct 8, 2011
    ukeishiro wrote:
    I'm loking for the music during the explosion at the very end of the "stand" episode.
    Some say that is "running up the hill" from Placebo but it's the song when we discover Steve's death isn't it?
    So if somebody knows?

Yeah, 'Running up That Hill' was the song playing at the end of 'Emily Lake'. I think the song at the end of 'Stand' was an original composition for the show... But don't quote me on that.

nolefan32

[25]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 11
    Tayke wrote:
    ukeishiro wrote:
    So if somebody knows?

Yeah, 'Running up That Hill' was the song playing at the end of 'Emily Lake'. I think the song at the end of 'Stand' was an original composition for the show... But don't quote me on that.
    Placebo does a haunting cover of Running Up That Hill, but the Kate Bush original remains my favorite. Then again, I've been a huge fan of Kate's for years.

Tayke

[26]Oct 10, 2011
    nolefan32 wrote:
    Tayke wrote:
    ukeishiro wrote:
    So if somebody knows?

Placebo does a haunting cover of Running Up That Hill, but the Kate Bush original remains my favorite. Then again, I've been a huge fan of Kate's for years.

I do love the Placebo cover, but the original is always the original Plus, they come across so different emotionally, it's as if they're two different songs... And speaking of, when I watched the episode, I thought it was Placebo playing at first, but it's actually Track and Field. It's kinda like the cover, but with the original's faster pace. I likey too

nolefan32

[27]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 11
    Tayke wrote:
    nolefan32 wrote:
    Tayke wrote:
    ukeishiro wrote:
    So if somebody knows?

I do love the Placebo cover, but the original is always the original Plus, they come across so different emotionally, it's as if they're two different songs... And speaking of, when I watched the episode, I thought it was Placebo playing at first, but it's actually Track and Field. It's kinda like the cover, but with the original's faster pace. I likey too
    I completely agree about them being almost different songs - Placebo's version is so much darker and moodier. I like that, when someone makes a cover, make it different enough from the original that there's at least a point to it. Why do a nearly exact version of the original? We already have one of those. Not to mention that rarely does the cover that tries to mimic the original stand up - I'm thinking about Love Spit Love's cover of The Smiths' "How Soon Is Now" (used in the movie The Craft and as the theme from Charmed), and Echo & The Bunnymen's cover of The Doors' "People Are Strange" (from the soundtrack of The Lost Boys), neither are different enough from the originals to warrant their existence, and neither are anywhere as good as the originals. Placebo gets much credit for making it their own.

I'm surprised to see that the version used in WH13 is a different band - sounded like Placebo's version.

Tayke

[28]Oct 12, 2011
    nolefan32 wrote:
    Tayke wrote:
    nolefan32 wrote:
    Tayke wrote:
    ukeishiro wrote:
    So if somebody knows?

I completely agree about them being almost different songs - Placebo's version is so much darker and moodier. I like that, when someone makes a cover, make it different enough from the original that there's at least a point to it. Why do a nearly exact version of the original? We already have one of those. Not to mention that rarely does the cover that tries to mimic the original stand up - I'm thinking about Love Spit Love's cover of The Smiths' "How Soon Is Now" (used in the movie The Craft and as the theme from Charmed), and Echo & The Bunnymen's cover of The Doors' "People Are Strange" (from the soundtrack of The Lost Boys), neither are different enough from the originals to warrant their existence, and neither are anywhere as good as the originals. Placebo gets much credit for making it their own.

I'm surprised to see that the version used in WH13 is a different band - sounded like Placebo's version.

Totally with you on the covers issue... If you're not going to add your own take on it and at least attempt to make it new, what's the point? All you're really doing is bad karaoke... Just leave a good song well enough alone. And the song choice for that scene was brilliant. Coupled with Eddie Mcclintock's performance, it packed one hell of an emotional punch!

mattgus

[29]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 14
    i am confused as to why they killed off jinks??? why bring him on as a new cast member? he was billed that way...maybe he got another job offer or his contract allowed him to come and go like hg? seems odd,but with the way warehouse 13 is .he could very well be back...claudia needs him or somebody...

Dragonsi2

[30]Oct 23, 2011

Ok, so I decided to wait 19 days to watch the finale, I figured I would enjoy it more and I did. Sometimes, like with Haven, I watch the Season Finale immediately, sometimes I put it off for weeks. I didn't even watch the finale of Rizzoli & Isles until the Season 2 premiere came on, then I watched them back to back.

First of all, as someone explained earlier: if you combine "pocket" and "watch" you can easily see why it's censored if you take your time. You are adding a "T" to "watch" and that makes a bad word if you look closely and figure it out.

Where to start? Let's start with what normally would be episode 11 ending, and 12 beginning: with the death scene of Steve Jinx.

I noticed that also, first his head was actually tilted backwards, off the back of the chair, with no support at all, and his eyes are open. After the break, and at the start of the actual 12th episode, his head is laying forward now, eyes closed.

To me, this is an easy explanation. Some may call this a "blooper" and perhaps it is, but I think there are 1 of 2 logical explanations, neither of which is actual story related. Perhaps you are all over analyzing it, and should think of it from a filming perspective.

1.) When filming the final 2 episodes, the production company thought they would be showing these separately, a week apart, continued from week 1 to week 2. In that case, almost no one would have remembered the exact position of Steve's head, except perhaps Aaron Ashmore himself, from filming it so many times in a row? They filmed the episodes a week apart, and the "fact checker" on set should have double checked the "head position" fact when shooting a scene from a week ago.

2.) Perhaps the best bet that I think happened is: Aaron was originally in a painful position, with nothing bracing and supporting his head when it was leaning backward, and that ending scene was a very brief shot of his "death face". When they shot the opening scene of 12, they knew it's a much longer scene, and to make him more comfortable, he was allowed to tilt his head forward and close his eyes to prevent from blinking.

So only because SyFy decided to run it as 1 double episode, did everyone notice the eyes closed, even though no one noticed it was laying forward as well now.

So Claudia looked up artifacts that would bring a person back to life, and found a list, and somehow snuck out of the warehouse before the barrier went up, and somehow found the metronome, where ever Sykes had it, keeping Marcus Diamond alive, then brought it with her to the Bed and Breakfast to kill Marcus. That was definitely vague there. But I disagree with others here, I think Marcus did die, with 3 bullets STILL IN his heart, and Claudia loved Steve, so she would try to bring him back to life with it. Even Mrs. Fredric was thinking the same thing, that's why she ordered Claudia to give it back to her, "You're going to have to give me back that metronome, please!" and "Now, please." and "You know we can't use artifacts...." (even though she was going give intense pain to Marcus with the medal artifact).

Then Claudia said, "The metronome is for Steve, I'm bringing him back." Mrs. Fredric did not argue with her or tell her she was wrong, so I personally assume Claudia knows what she is talking about, since Mrs. Fredric did not contradict or correct her at all.

Mrs Fredric: Did anyone see Episode 4 of this Season 6 of Doctor Who: "The Doctor's Wife"? I believe she may very well be "personalization" of the warehouse, in human form, much like the Tardis became a human female in this episode.

If you think about it, Mrs. F. was in pictures that dated back 50-70 years or more, over the last 3 seasons, and she never ages. So when she died, she instantly "progressed" to what she would look like if she had died 70 years ago, when she ran her normal life span. I think she was perhaps a "living artifact" created when Warehouse 13 was specifically created, and the only way she could actually die, was if something happened to the actual warehouse itself, such as now.

Why does everything have to revolve around actual artifacts, and can't have some "unexplained superpowers" like Haven has each week?

And if anyone remembers Catarunga and Helena's conversation back in 1889, he says, "Most people do not smell the apples, the warehouse likes you."

She replies, "Buildings do not have personal affinities."

He says, "This is not, as you will discover, just a building, Ms. Wells, welcome to Warehouse 12."

So that to me, implies these special warehouses DO have personal affinities, perhaps even emulating into human form, such as Mrs. Fredric.

And my last point that no one mentioned yet is: Jane!

She's wearing the bracelet and may very well be in Hong Kong, but I doubt distance matters. I'm disappointed Pete didn't think of it also and yell out: "Mom!" at the end. Is the barrier still up? Did it effect her at all if she's psychically linked with the warehouse also now? Could she have died in the Regent's Sanctum because the warehouse was destroyed, if not, did she "feel" it when it exploded?

And for whoever said "the block like prison" earlier, they might have missed the episode where Artie stated that after an agent dies, they pack up and shrink the room inside the warehouse and save it forever, in case they need to go back to it later to search for things.

I also think Leena should get a bigger role, perhaps even field agent for 1 episode, I'm tired of her having such a small part, and only in about 7-8 out of 13 episodes a year.

Dragonsi2

[31]Oct 24, 2011

It will not let me edit my previous message. No matter what forum or show I'm on, I always get "Error, invalid topic" when trying to edit my previous posts.

I was in a hurry, and would like to add/correct myself. Perhaps the proper term would be "personification" instead of "personalization" but I was just going by what Catarunga had said. But I definitely think "to personify" is a much more accurate term to use, rather than "personalization"

Definition of PERSONIFY transitive verb 1 : to conceive of or represent as a person or as having human qualities or powers 2 : to be the embodiment or personification of : incarnate — per·son·i·fi·er noun Examples of PERSONIFY

The ancient Greeks personified the forces of nature as gods and goddesses.
    Justice is personified as a woman with her eyes covered.

Perhaps she really IS Warehouse 13 incarnate?

Also, in the finale episode, it clearly states: "As Sykes begins his end game, the agents discover that Helena is still alive... and teaching high school literature. Meanwhile, Jane reveals the full extent of her plan but one agent will lose their life carrying it out."

ONE AGENT! No one else picked up on this. It would have been better and more accurately described as "and perhaps one OR MORE agents will lose their lives in the battle".

So this implies that only 1 out of 2? 3? actually die, and we have both Steve and Helena as candidates, and also Mrs. Fredric, herself.

What happened to Helena's own series that was supposed to be happening in 2012? Any news if that was cancelled, etc?

Also, it's a shame, that Steve's sexuality was alluded to as being gay, but that was it! Jeers to him not having a brief romantic fling with a guy for an episode. Everyone else, and I do mean everyone, except Leena, had a fling, Pete, Myka, and Claudia and even Artie with the doctor, all had short lived flings. What was the point of even stating his sexuality if Syfy had no plans on expounding on it at all afterwards?

I think they could have had 1 "comic episode" with Sean Ashmore, Aaron's real life twin, for those who don't know, come in for an episode, and they give him different hair, a mustache or beard, and Claudia saying, "Wow Jinx, he looks exactly like you, and could be your twin!" And Steve saying, "No, he doesn't look anything like me, DOES HE??" Lol, that would give several chuckles, and Sean would leave at the end of the episode.

Dragonsi2

[32]Oct 24, 2011

Ok, sorry for posting a 3rd time in a row but there was something I was forgetting, and I finally remembered it but I can't go back and edit either of my first two posts.

This is probably the most interesting detail that I noticed on this episode!

For the deceased agent's Bed & Breakfast rooms that are now sealed away permanently, there actual, real QR Codes on each description when it comes up on the warehouse's computer screen! I took a screenshot of Steve's and MacPherson's computer screens and I was able to actually scan Steve's QR Code, but MacPherson's was slightly blurry and the code itself is used as the "activation button" to open and close the now sealed motel rooms that are now located inside the warehouse!

This is what I got for Jinks' info from his QR Code:

Steven Jinks (W13 Agent NXN43772632-30032). Murdered by Walter Sykes.

MacPherson's was too blurry for my cell phone scanner to pick up but I saved the snapshots of both to share with you to see if you are able to read them for yourselves! I captured each one a split second before Artie puts his hand over to push as an actual button:

Jinks QR Code: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50063519@N08/6275367525/in/photostream

MacPherson's QR Code: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50063519@N08/6275367675/in/photostream

I thought that was pretty exciting and interesting fun fact to share with everyone!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[33]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Dragonsi2 wrote:

Ok, sorry for posting a 3rd time in a row but there was something I was forgetting, and I finally remembered it but I can't go back and edit either of my first two posts.

Just going to address a few things you posted as it will take too much typing to address all.

First, the HG Wells spinoff which was supposed to be released in 2012. My understanding of that spinoff was that it was just an idea being backed by Warehouse 13 show runner Jack Kenny. I believe the plan was to mention the possibility, then see how much interest was generated, and finally try to market the idea to the SYFY channel. Last I heard, nothing has changed. I welcome anybody else who has additional info concerning this spinoff to post and include source.

Second, concerning Steve Jinx body being discovered with eyes open then after the commercial break his eyes were closed. I was the person who originally posted that blooper. I totally disagree with your explanation of that scene. I just think it was a blooper caused by the intended mood of each scene. The writers wanted to make the discovery of his body dramatic so they decided to have his eyes open so that there would be no question that it was a dead body being discovered. Having his eyes closed would have prompted Claudia to check to see if he was alive or dead thus taking away from the emotional impact of the scene. However, after the commercial and when the team begins to have dialogue, it was no longer a need for his eyes to be open as the focus should have been on the other actors....not Aaron Ashmore.

Finally, you wonder why Pete didn't worry about his mom knowing that the Warehouse would be destroyed and that his mom wore that bracelet which connects people to a Warehouse. Mrs. Fredericks died after the Warehouse was destroyed due to her metaphysical connection to the Warehouse 13. However, The Remati Shackle is a powerful artifact that was designed as a safeguard in case of an attack on Warehouse 13. Pete's mom is not connected to Warehouse 13 like Ms Frederick was therefore Pete's mom should not have been harmed.

waterbender6025

[34]Nov 6, 2011
    • level: 12

Dragonsi2 wrote:

I noticed that also, first his head was actually tilted backwards, off the back of the chair, with no support at all, and his eyes are open. After the break, and at the start of the actual 12th episode, his head is laying forward now, eyes closed.

To me, this is an easy explanation. Some may call this a "blooper" and perhaps it is, but I think there are 1 of 2 logical explanations, neither of which is actual story related. Perhaps you are all over analyzing it, and should think of it from a filming perspective.

1.) When filming the final 2 episodes, the production company thought they would be showing these separately, a week apart, continued from week 1 to week 2. In that case, almost no one would have remembered the exact position of Steve's head, except perhaps Aaron Ashmore himself, from filming it so many times in a row? They filmed the episodes a week apart, and the "fact checker" on set should have double checked the "head position" fact when shooting a scene from a week ago.

2.) Perhaps the best bet that I think happened is: Aaron was originally in a painful position, with nothing bracing and supporting his head when it was leaning backward, and that ending scene was a very brief shot of his "death face". When they shot the opening scene of 12, they knew it's a much longer scene, and to make him more comfortable, he was allowed to tilt his head forward and close his eyes to prevent from blinking.

i've just watched the episode again and when they find his body, claudia is standing over him and his neck is leaning back with his eyes open. but when the scene changes claudia is crouched beside him holding his hand and his eyes are closed. i think its pretty same to assume tht she closed his eyes rather than him staring like that.

as for the metronome, im sure marcus brought it with him, when he meets lina he puts a box on the table and says "it's a gift from a former employer".

i think walter wanted them to have the metronome (as marcus had fulfilled his usefulness) but have to choose between reviving Jynx or Lina

JonathonWolf

[35]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 10

I figured Jinx's eyes being closed was them closing his eyes. Them actually doing it was either not filmed or edited for time since it serves absolutely no purpose to the scene. It's usually only done as a sign of respect or compassion for the deceased, and we get that from Claudia holding his hand. As was stated above, people are probably just overthinking it. Sometimes, absence of evidence isn't proof, it's just absence of evidence.

For H.G. putting the shield over them instead of the bomb, she said she wasn't even sure it would last long enough to protect them; she was just trying to save them. I like the idea of manipulating the bottom of the shield up over them, though. I'm also glad they didn't have some artifact to randomly save them. There's enough deus ex machina in each episode as it is. The writing team having to come up with something from history capable of either being an immovable object or destroying the bomb without setting it off has got to be annoying.

As was said before, Jane is fine because the bracelet is not connected to the warehouses but to the organization of the regents. Mrs. F was a kind of guardian connecting to Warehouse 13. This was established before when there was something wrong with her, and she was trying to pass the link on to Claudia so that Warehouse 13 would have a guardian. It was even suggested that it was one of the reasons Claudia was allowed to stay at Warehouse 13.

For making Emily Lake, I think the regents came up with that solution for the exact reasons Jane stated. They realized how much of an intellectual asset she was, but she was also too dangerous to leave walking around. Bronzing her was either deemed or found to be inhumane and didn't allow for using her knowledge. Keeping her in jail would only mean H.G. would escape herself or being broken out. The Janus coin gave them the ability to tap her brain and protect her easier. Emily Lake is useless without H.G.'s memories, and the coin is easier to control than combining the two and having her fight back. No one probably thought about someone using the riding crop to force her into moral choices.

Nightwingrox

[36]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 4

Okay, when they said "Aperature" and started talking about companies.... Did anyone else have a Portal flashback?

TVanimal

[37]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 9
    completely agree with you on the whole "shield the bomb instead of the group" scenario. i hope they find a way to do that (even if its a cheesey quick fix, i'll find a way to get over it if HG survives).

danharr

[38]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 46

I don't know how in the blue hell I forgot about the season finale boy was I surprised ten seconds into season 4 and no Steve. That was epic we lost Steve and Mrs.Fredericks perhaps and HG. Now that's a finale I needed that to carry me though last summer the destruction of the warehouse was done beautifully can't wait to watch the new season.