TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: Insatiable (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Sep 18, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 9/19/11 episode "Insatiable" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[2]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 13
    Great Episode! Looking forward to the last two episodes of this season. We will get to learn more about the Regents both good and bad. Also, I am wondering what information Jinks will learn about the Regents from Walter Sykes (Anthony Michael Hall). What is a bit confusing to me is that Jinks pulled a gun on Ms Fredericks as he questioned her extreme interrogation techniques, however, if he disagreed with Ms Fredericks' methods so much, how could he join sides with and trust Walter Sykes who shows no regard for for human life including the lives of his own employees (Sally Stukowski)? UNLESS Jinks is trying to use this opportunity to infiltrate Walter Sykes' group to show Ms Fredericks that he is a good and value operative and that she made a mistake letting him go??? I don't think this will be revealed until the very end. Hmmm...Gotta stay tuned...

mattgus

[3]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 14
    absoulutly...i decided to visit the forum for the that reason...jinks has no options left except to become a spy for the regents even thou he is burned..unless that was the ploy all along and he and fredricks have set this up. either way he is a good guy and will do the right thing whether asked to or not..so yes,it will be fun to see him infiltrate the bad guys and be the new hero...maybe he has been a secret warehouse agent for yrs and this was a season long set up to catch the "bad guys"...he may have only been new to us and the warehouse, but the regents use him for deep cover...take your pick...or none of the above... lol

blackmage8472

[4]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 15

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    UNLESS Jinks is trying to use this opportunity to infiltrate Walter Sykes' group to show Ms Fredericks that he is a good and value operative and that she made a mistake letting him go??? I don't think this will be revealed until the very end. Hmmm...Gotta stay tuned...

I'm still betting on him as a double agent. At this point it's mostly because how he's treating Claudia, just seems out of character.

nolefan32

[5]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 11
    It was a decent episode all around. I agree with the thoughts that Jinks' willingness to go over to the other side seems a little too convienent, a little too out of character, regardless of how much the Regents are screwing him over (and lets be realistic, the way he's being treated for, as was noted, having scruples, is way over the top - even if his actions were wrong, they were were wrong for the right reasons).

I hope that he's going to become a double agent and that the whole thing is a set-up, because otherwise, it's going to feel just a tad too much like MacPherson and Wells, both of which went from being good guys to bad. Even if it is a variation on a theme (i.e., not playing out exactly the same way, to the letter), it is getting rather redundant if we do this same schtick for yet another season.

I was a little confused from the Claudia storyline - I thought the previews said that one of the team was going to die. Granted, I'm glad she didn't, because without her, I don't know that I want to watch anymore, I love the dynamic she brings to the show. But I feel like I got lied to, and I hate it when I get lied to.

As for the Claudia thing, that goes for Artie and Myka as well - lose either of them, and I don't want to watch anymore. Pete, I wouldn't miss so much - mostly because the writers have had a habit this season of writing him too over-the-top. Lena or Mrs. Frederic, they could also go - mostly because they're already in so few episodes already, they don't really bring anything to the table. But Claudia, Artie or Myka - I might just stop watching if they were to kill any of them off.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[6]Sep 20, 2011
    nolefan32 wrote:
    It was a decent episode all around. I agree with the thoughts that Jinks' willingness to go over to the other side seems a little too convienent, a little too out of character, regardless of how much the Regents are screwing him over (and lets be realistic, the way he's being treated for, as was noted, having scruples, is way over the top - even if his actions were wrong, they were were wrong for the right reasons).

I hope that he's going to become a double agent and that the whole thing is a set-up, because otherwise, it's going to feel just a tad too much like MacPherson and Wells, both of which went from being good guys to bad. Even if it is a variation on a theme (i.e., not playing out exactly the same way, to the letter), it is getting rather redundant if we do this same schtick for yet another season.

I was a little confused from the Claudia storyline - I thought the previews said that one of the team was going to die. Granted, I'm glad she didn't, because without her, I don't know that I want to watch anymore, I love the dynamic she brings to the show. But I feel like I got lied to, and I hate it when I get lied to.

As for the Claudia thing, that goes for Artie and Myka as well - lose either of them, and I don't want to watch anymore. Pete, I wouldn't miss so much - mostly because the writers have had a habit this season of writing him too over-the-top. Lena or Mrs. Frederic, they could also go - mostly because they're already in so few episodes already, they don't really bring anything to the table. But Claudia, Artie or Myka - I might just stop watching if they were to kill any of them off.

The previews said "lose". I guess Jinks was the person being referred to in the previews. A little misdirecton.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[7]Sep 20, 2011
    mattgus wrote:
    absoulutly...i decided to visit the forum for the that reason...jinks has no options left except to become a spy for the regents even thou he is burned..unless that was the ploy all along and he and fredricks have set this up. either way he is a good guy and will do the right thing whether asked to or not..so yes,it will be fun to see him infiltrate the bad guys and be the new hero...maybe he has been a secret warehouse agent for yrs and this was a season long set up to catch the "bad guys"...he may have only been new to us and the warehouse, but the regents use him for deep cover...take your pick...or none of the above... lol

It would be awesome if Ms Fredericks and Jinks had planned his betrayal after he pulled the gun on her. We never was shown the conversation Ms Fredericks had with Jinks when she told him he was fired...maybe that was for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they flash back to that conversation in the finale to reveal the true agenda. Also, they could have messed up Jink's credit and ability to get another job to provide motive. Never saw the Regents or heard of the Regents doing that to someone else. Pete's mom left and she didn't mention anything about being burned.

nolefan32

[9]Sep 20, 2011
    I do hope we find out that it's all a setup to get Jinks inside A-Z Tech. But in regards to Pete's mom, realize that she resigned her position as a Regent, she wasn't fired. Doubtful they would burn someone who left on good terms. But I still think the punishment was rather harsh for Jinks. I could see them firing him for his insubordination, but I would expect they'd have just released him back to his contributing agency (DEA, I think it was). Even for having pulled a weapon on Mrs. F - not a smart move, but still doesn't warrant the treatment he appears to be getting.

haldrey

[10]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 22
    Fantastic episode and I agree with most of the above, Jinks crossing to the dark side, I doubt it. Looking forward to the two hours season finale.

danharr

[11]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 45

Good episode Jinx is playing double agent it was planned all along I would be very surprised if Jinx goes bad or was burned without his knowledge.

Larexx

[12]Oct 2, 2011

I finally got to watch this episode. Everyone is focusing on the end with Jinx turning to the dark side which I also intially thought but hope he wants to prove his worth to the Warehouse 13 team. I was more focused on the fact that the artifact was a jar used by the Donner Party in the winter of 1846-1847 who resorted to cannibalism therefore the zombie twist. The very 1st person eaten by the Donner Party was Patrick Dolan on Christmas Day 1846. How do I know this? I AM a Dolan. Since he was a bachelor it is hard to confirm the exact lineage but it is believed that Patrick Dolan was my great, great grandfather's brother! So my ancestor was NOT a cannibal but was EATEN by cannibals-yikes! It's just a weird twist in the family tree! So I really enjoyed this episode!