Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: MacPherson (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the season finale, the 9/22/09 episode "MacPherson", to this thread.

And look for the season 2 news/spoilers/speculation thread Tuesday night.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[2]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 27
    One word: damn!

Even though I saw the twist at the end coming (not the specifics, but it was obvious he was getting away), that was still a surprise to see just what he did.

Gislef

[3]Sep 22, 2009
    Note that the pendant was unaccounted for at the end...

Kalel18

[4]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 11

Gislef wrote:
    Dang, Gislef, you're making it too easy! I was going to leave a cryptic clue for those who didn't get it.

More later...

Kalel18

[5]Sep 22, 2009

Well, the whole Leena/Athena thing sure came out of left field.

I was one of the original proponents of the Leena - Mrs. Fredric duality theory. So let me be the first to debunk it, and admit how wrong I was. What a red herring! The writers were playing with us, all the while they had something bigger, more sinister up their sleeves.

Not to p anyone off, but I hope Claudia hitches a ride south, all the way to Smallville, Kansas, and stays there.

Later...

someguy0830

[7]Sep 23, 2009
    Gislef wrote:
    Yeah, but that leaves the question of who gets to burn to death.

Kalel18

[8]Sep 23, 2009
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Gislef wrote:

I would guess Leena/Athena.

luvinx

[9]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 20

Kalel18 wrote:
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Gislef wrote:

Sure, but who else? Seems to me to be a Save 1, Lose 2,3,4 kinda deal.

And I will have to admit that I did rewind one time to double check Artie.....loved to see his right hand in his pocket....

And Kalel, there still may be some sort of "connection" between Mrs. F and Leena/Athena. Who knows? So early in character development and she did seem to "get a feeling" and have that car turned around....or maybe I am just holding onto what I thought was a cool idea.

Edited on 09/23/2009 8:32am

Gislef

[10]Sep 23, 2009
    Kalel18 wrote:
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Gislef wrote:

Or Mrs. Frederic's bodyguard.

On the other hand, the "price" seems to demand more lives than it saves. Saving Carol killed five people. Saving Carson killed two bodyguards.
    Edited on 09/23/2009 9:36am

luvinx

[11]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 20

Ah, but who is subject to the "price"? Basically anyone who has not touched the Phoenix is at risk, right?

Hope Artie "rubbed" it on all those we care about!

someguy0830

[12]Sep 23, 2009
    If they're lucky, range isn't an issue. Then anyone in town would get to burn to death. Not that it's a much better alternative, but at least it wouldn't be dead main characters.

Kalel18

[13]Sep 23, 2009
    luvinx wrote:

Kalel18 wrote:
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Gislef wrote:

Sure, but who else? Seems to me to be a Save 1, Lose 2,3,4 kinda deal.

And I will have to admit that I did rewind one time to double check Artie.....loved to see his right hand in his pocket....

And Kalel, there still may be some sort of "connection" between Mrs. F and Leena/Athena. Who knows? So early in character development and she did seem to "get a feeling" and have that car turned around....or maybe I am just holding onto what I thought was a cool idea.

No, you have a good point. Mrs. F did get a feeling. In fact, after posting above, I was thinking more about the issue. Maybe Leena is not evil at all, and is in fact the Leena we've come to know, but maybe McPhearson got to her somehow, and is using an artifact to control her. Perhaps she has been possessed by the spirit of "Athena" through the use of an artifact in McPhearson's possession. At least I hope it comes down to possession or a similar scenario. I'd hate to think she had gone over to "the dark side" of her own accord. I wonder how many have to die after the Phoenix has been used. Is it arbitrary? However many have to die, it should happen shortly thereafter if it follows the same pattern. Maybe McPhearson's henchmen showed up to spirit him away, and the Phoenix pendant reached out and touched them.

D-BorG

[14]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    someguy0830 wrote:
    If they're lucky, range isn't an issue. Then anyone in town would get to burn to death. Not that it's a much better alternative, but at least it wouldn't be dead main characters.
    It's simple.. All in close proximity that haven't touch the pendant.
    Edited on 09/23/2009 7:17pm

MichaudMR

[15]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 17

So now we know that MacPherson was behind Claudias' ability to hack into the system. I would suspect that puts her firmly into the "suspect" side of the equation, Manchurian candidate or not.

This may be a minor nit, but if the Warehouse is in the middle of nowhere, how far do they have to travel to get to Leena's B&B in town? If claudia ran out of the place to get away, I somehow doubt Mrs. Frederic will let her walk away that easily with all of her knowledge of the operation.

Kalel18

[16]Sep 24, 2009
    MichaudMR wrote:

So now we know that MacPherson was behind Claudias' ability to hack into the system. I would suspect that puts her firmly into the "suspect" side of the equation, Manchurian candidate or not.

This may be a minor nit, but if the Warehouse is in the middle of nowhere, how far do they have to travel to get to Leena's B&B in town? If claudia ran out of the place to get away, I somehow doubt Mrs. Frederic will let her walk away that easily with all of her knowledge of the operation.

MacPhearson did do a good job of setting-up Claudia to take the fall. I'm sure Mrs. F. will be hot on her tail, and bring her back before she gets very far. (Much to my chagrin.)

Good question. I've always wondered just how far the Warehouse is from Leena's B&B. Claudia made it on foot, so it would seem that it is within a few miles. But then again, maybe she hitchhiked once she reached the highway. Logically, the Warehouse should be close enough so that movement between the sites should not take long, but remote enough so that a "lost" motorist doesn't just stumble upon it. Of course we know from the Pilot episode, that it is off the highway some distance, down a dusty dirt "ranch" road. But how far? And how far to town?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[17]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    Kalel18 wrote:
    MichaudMR wrote:

MacPhearson did do a good job of setting-up Claudia to take the fall. I'm sure Mrs. F. will be hot on her tail, and bring her back before she gets very far. (Much to my chagrin.)

Mrs. F did say to Lena when Claudia ran out Warehouse 13, "Let her go, she is being watched anyway." To what extent she is/was being watched is yet to be determined. Which makes you wonder how long Claudia was being watched and if Leena was ever watched as well. Based on what happened in "MacPherson", Leena was probably never under surveillance. But for some reason, it seemed like Mrs. F figured it all out almost like she had an epiphany.

Great episode for a season finale! I had previously posted that the traitor would either be Leena or Claudia...LMAO...it was both of them...in a way. I am almost sure that Artie probably took the Phoenix away from MacPherson when they apprehended him and had it on his person during the explosion and probably forgot he had it. We should see Artie again next season. I am also quite sure that Myka and Pete probably touched the Phoenix and that will be revealed in the next season. Leena will probably be the one who dies as a result of the usage of the Phoenix (unwittingly by Artie). For some reason, I believe that MacPherson had control over Leena or somehow manipulated her into doing what she did and that will be revealed probably as she is in her last living moments next season.

On two side notes, even MacPherson noted that Mrs. F has not aged and one day she must tell him her secret. I hope that secret or more details about the mysterious Mrs. F comes out in season two. Also, I don't think that Claudia is gonna have to do too much next season to clear her name as I believe Mrs. F has figured it all out as well as I believe Leena will be revealed in the first few minutes of episode 1 season 2.

Edited on 09/24/2009 11:58am
    Edited 3 total times.

TesserT

[18]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 76
    No deep discussion from me but I sure did enjoy this episode. It was excellent and such fun! I'm not a big one for cliffhangers but this was great. Left us with more questions & some mystery for further speculation and I like that! (First thing that came to my mind at the very end - hope they've got some food in the warehouse!)

Kalel18

[19]Sep 24, 2009
    TesserT wrote:
    No deep discussion from me but I sure did enjoy this episode. It was excellent and such fun! I'm not a big one for cliffhangers but this was great. Left us with more questions & some mystery for further speculation and I like that! (First thing that came to my mind at the very end - hope they've got some food in the warehouse!)
    Now why didn't I think of that?

haldrey

[20]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 22
    Nice ending. It looks we will have more MacPhearson, and more Artie? This show started cold but ended quite hot, so more seasons are in the future. Seee ya'all next year.