We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Resonance Official Discussion (Spoilers)

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[41]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 13
    Michale32086 wrote:

Am I the only crazy one???

Or did anyone else notice the 9/11 reference/tribute in this episode??

Here is a screen capture of the specific instance I am reference.

http://anything-goes.us/temp/911.jpg

I simply cannot comprehend how this could be a random configuration of office lights that would produce the numerals 9 and 11 and depict an American Flag. Especially when one considers that it's the FBI building that is being depicted.

But heck, what do I know.. I still believe that aliens from space crashed at Roswell in '47...

Michale.....

You are not crazy! Just very observant. Also, that was definitely not a random configuration. I just don't know if it was for tribute or part of the natural configuration for that building...Like in Rochester, Eastman Kodak owns a lot of businesses and buildings out there and some of the (College)buildings were built in the design of a camera on purpose.

I need to see that building from the side of the configuration to give a better opinion. In future episodes, I am going to be all over that building and get back to you on that one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvinx

[42]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    Michale32086 wrote:
    Here is a screen capture of the specific instance I am reference.

http://anything-goes.us/temp/911.jpg

Niiiice catch! Amazing....thanks for sharing this!

Kalel18

[43]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 11

Michale32086 wrote:
    Am I the only crazy one??? Or did anyone else notice the 9/11 reference/tribute in this episode??

Here is a screen capture of the specific instance I am reference. http://anything-goes.us/temp/911.jpg

I simply cannot comprehend how this could be a random configuration of office lights that would produce the numerals 9 and 11 and depict an American Flag. Especially when one considers that it's the FBI building that is being depicted. But heck, what do I know..

I still believe that aliens from space crashed at Roswell in '47... Michale.....

Great catch!...I totally missed that one.

Better than the catch made by the White Sox' DeWayne Wise in the bottom of the 9th to preserve Mark Buehrle's perfect game tonight.

I doubt it's random. My only question would be: Is it an actual FBI tribute to 9/11, or did they agree to do it for the show's producers?

I'm with you on Roswell!

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kalel18 wrote:

Well it looks like we are about to get some answers to the questions generated by Artie's vision. Obviously, as seen in the trailer for "Claudia" and the promos, our mystery woman would appear to be Claudia, who kidnaps Artie. The promos say she blames him for her brother's death. So the next question is: was her brother a WH-13 team member? ......I just want to ask: who do you think "HE" is, when Artie says "he's in" at the end of Magnetism? The suposedly dead brother? The missing team member referred to in the pilot? Someone else

Kalel, you took the thought right out of my mind. I think the he is going to be her supposedly dead brother...who probably faked his death. I also think that at some point (since Allison Scagliotti is joining the cast), Allison is going to realize that Artie is either not at fault for the supposed death of her brother, his death was fake, and/or she is going to agree with Artie's actions concerned with her brother's supposed death. I say this as I saw clearly in one of those flashes in "Resonance" that Artie was shielding Claudia from someone or something. It seemed like for that moment they were on the same side. Perhaps Claudia finding out the true nature of her supposed dead brother and/or his connection to Warehouse 13 would have her become a recurring character to the show so that she could help the team. Her ability to track down the whereabouts of Warehouse 13 alone should be enough to ensure her a spot on the team. I am thinking that it would be totally awesome to somehow tie Claudia's brother supposed death to one of the men in the photograph shown in the pilot episode. Excuse me for my continuous usage of the word "supposed" as I feel in my bones that her brother is not dead...and my bones don't usually lie.
    "One", I, in turn, agree with your notion. Maybe the experiment which supposedly killed the brother, actual has him "out of phase", or in some "parallel dimension" or something of the sort. Claudia may be the hacker, but I think maybe the brother is responsible for the energy surges, and the intrusion.

Are we havin' fun yet

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[44]Jul 24, 2009
    Kalel18 wrote:

Michale32086 wrote:
    Am I the only crazy one??? Or did anyone else notice the 9/11 reference/tribute in this episode??

Here is a screen capture of the specific instance I am reference. http://anything-goes.us/temp/911.jpg

I simply cannot comprehend how this could be a random configuration of office lights that would produce the numerals 9 and 11 and depict an American Flag. Especially when one considers that it's the FBI building that is being depicted. But heck, what do I know..

I still believe that aliens from space crashed at Roswell in '47... Michale.....

Great catch!...I totally missed that one.

Better than the catch made by the White Sox' DeWayne Wise in the bottom of the 9th to preserve Mark Buehrle's perfect game tonight.

I doubt it's random. My only question would be: Is it an actual FBI tribute to 9/11, or did they agree to do it for the show's producers?

I'm with you on Roswell!

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kalel18 wrote:

Well it looks like we are about to get some answers to the questions generated by Artie's vision. Obviously, as seen in the trailer for "Claudia" and the promos, our mystery woman would appear to be Claudia, who kidnaps Artie. The promos say she blames him for her brother's death. So the next question is: was her brother a WH-13 team member? ......I just want to ask: who do you think "HE" is, when Artie says "he's in" at the end of Magnetism? The suposedly dead brother? The missing team member referred to in the pilot? Someone else

Kalel, you took the thought right out of my mind. I think the he is going to be her supposedly dead brother...who probably faked his death. I also think that at some point (since Allison Scagliotti is joining the cast), Allison is going to realize that Artie is either not at fault for the supposed death of her brother, his death was fake, and/or she is going to agree with Artie's actions concerned with her brother's supposed death. I say this as I saw clearly in one of those flashes in "Resonance" that Artie was shielding Claudia from someone or something. It seemed like for that moment they were on the same side. Perhaps Claudia finding out the true nature of her supposed dead brother and/or his connection to Warehouse 13 would have her become a recurring character to the show so that she could help the team. Her ability to track down the whereabouts of Warehouse 13 alone should be enough to ensure her a spot on the team. I am thinking that it would be totally awesome to somehow tie Claudia's brother supposed death to one of the men in the photograph shown in the pilot episode. Excuse me for my continuous usage of the word "supposed" as I feel in my bones that her brother is not dead...and my bones don't usually lie.
    "One", I, in turn, agree with your notion. Maybe the experiment which supposedly killed the brother, actual has him "out of phase", or in some "parallel dimension" or something of the sort. Claudia may be the hacker, but I think maybe the brother is responsible for the energy surges, and the intrusion.

Are we havin' fun yet

Either that or multiple early addictions....

Kalel18

[45]Jul 24, 2009
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Either that or multiple early addictions....

Dewbak75

[46]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 18

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    You are not crazy! Just very observant. Also, that was definitely not a random configuration. I just don't know if it was for tribute or part of the natural configuration for that building...Like in Rochester, Eastman Kodak owns a lot of businesses and buildings out there and some of the (College)buildings were built in the design of a camera on purpose. I need to see that building from the side of the configuration to give a better opinion. In future episodes, I am going to be all over that building and get back to you on that one.

It's entirely possible that the 9/11 design on the building was coincidental, they may have taken that shot back in September, and the building was doing that to commemorate the day. This long after the event, the only time it makes sense for a building to do something like that would be on the anniversary.

Michale32086

[47]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 6

Thanx to all for all the replies.. I knew I wasn't going crazy..

Dewbak75 wrote:

It's entirely possible that the 9/11 design on the building was coincidental, they may have taken that shot back in September, and the building was doing that to commemorate the day. This long after the event, the only time it makes sense for a building to do something like that would be on the anniversary.

Considering the visceral reaction that Americans would have to such an image, I find it difficult to believe that it's presence in the show is a happanstance. If it was "stock footage", I simply cannot comprehend the thought process that the producers would have followed that would allow them to come to the conclusion to just throw in a 9/11 reference without any sort of meaning or intent whatsoever.

It sure would be nice to get someone who is assosciated with the show to chime in on that. Gonna see if I can get some input from that area.

Thanx again for all the replies.

Kalel18

[48]Jul 24, 2009

Dewbak75 wrote:
    Good point!

Michale32086 wrote:
    Considering the visceral reaction that Americans would have to such an image, I find it difficult to believe that it's presence in the show is a happanstance. If it was "stock footage", I simply cannot comprehend the thought process that the producers would have followed that would allow them to come to the conclusion to just throw in a 9/11 reference without any sort of meaning or intent whatsoever.

It sure would be nice to get someone who is assosciated with the show to chime in on that. Gonna see if I can get some input from that area.

Thanx again for all the replies.

Let us know what you uncover. Thanks! - K

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[49]Jul 24, 2009
    Dewbak75 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    You are not crazy! Just very observant. Also, that was definitely not a random configuration. I just don't know if it was for tribute or part of the natural configuration for that building...Like in Rochester, Eastman Kodak owns a lot of businesses and buildings out there and some of the (College)buildings were built in the design of a camera on purpose. I need to see that building from the side of the configuration to give a better opinion. In future episodes, I am going to be all over that building and get back to you on that one.

Well, to my knowledge, the show was filmed in Ontario Canada. Therefore, I would find it a bit unlikely that the design which is a bit elaborate would be placed on that building by Canadians commemorating something that occurred in the US several years ago. Also, I believe that design was left there for somebody to discover similar to what the show "Heroes" has done from time to time. It may not have a direct relevance to the storyline but moreover left as a talking piece for the viewers and fans.

Michale32086

[50]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Dewbak75 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Well, to my knowledge, the show was filmed in Ontario Canada. Therefore, I would find it a bit unlikely that the design which is a bit elaborate would be placed on that building by Canadians commemorating something that occurred in the US several years ago. Also, I believe that design was left there for somebody to discover similar to what the show "Heroes" has done from time to time. It may not have a direct relevance to the storyline but moreover left as a talking piece for the viewers and fans.

That makes sense. My only point has been that, for whatever reason, it HAD to been an intentional insertion for whatever reason. My assumption had been it was a tribute of sorts. Maybe a writer, producer or editor associated with the show lost a loved one on 9/11. But your theory makes more sense. A talking piece for fans.

Regardless of the true reason, it appears all but impossible that it was mere happenstance or coincidence that the footage was included. I am certain that there are QUADrabytes of stock footage of semi-lighted tall buildings at dusk that was available to the shows editors to include in this particular episode. The fact that this particular shot was chosen has to mean something. If only, as you point out, a talking point for fans to generate this very discussion.

I haven't heard back from the writer, but now that I know that the show's location is Ontario, Canada, I think I have a line on the producer..

Will advise.

Michale.....

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[51]Jul 25, 2009
    Michale32086 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Dewbak75 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

That makes sense. My only point has been that, for whatever reason, it HAD to been an intentional insertion for whatever reason. My assumption had been it was a tribute of sorts. Maybe a writer, producer or editor associated with the show lost a loved one on 9/11. But your theory makes more sense. A talking piece for fans.

Regardless of the true reason, it appears all but impossible that it was mere happenstance or coincidence that the footage was included. I am certain that there are QUADrabytes of stock footage of semi-lighted tall buildings at dusk that was available to the shows editors to include in this particular episode. The fact that this particular shot was chosen has to mean something. If only, as you point out, a talking point for fans to generate this very discussion.

I haven't heard back from the writer, but now that I know that the show's location is Ontario, Canada, I think I have a line on the producer..

Will advise.

Michale.....

Agreed...Keep us posted and thanks so much!

rakitov

[52]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 1

pepshi wrote:
    Hey, does anyone know the song playing? I mean, in the end, a tune is played on the piano...does anyone know where it's from?

Edward Rogers - Marsdens Lament

http://rapidshare.com/files/345028095/555ce7911ea8.mp3.html

Edited on 02/02/2010 2:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.