Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Season 3+ News, Spoilers, Speculation Thread

luvinx

[41]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 20

Again, this is W13. Anything can happen and I never said it was the present day, W13 Artie. There is no reason that it couldn't be a younger Artie or an alternate Artie. This is a Science Fiction show. The characters are going to have the same weird things happen to them over and over - that is just the way it is. There is a formula to it all. There are just so many possibilities that I don't think discounting most anyone's speculation is realistic, never mind remotely courteous.

Point being that this is a fun show and it would be nice if the discussion fit that. Whether I am wrong or not (and I probably am this time), there is no reason to be rude. Whether you agree or not, there is no reason to be rude. And let's face it....you were. Perhaps I am just a considerate person, but I do not phrase things in a condescending manner which is exactly what you did. In addition, what does my brevity have to do with a rude response? I can bet that even if I had written a nice long paragraph on the matter, you would have answered exactly the same.'

Perhaps that is just the way you are and you are just direct. I haven't been here in quite awhile though. I wanted to check in and have some fun. I was in a tiny bad mood earlier, so that is the only reason that your rudeness even got to me. Normally, I would just ignore it. Which I guess I can do for now on.

That all being said, if you genuinely meant no offense, then I will take your word at that and move on. I just think people should always be considerate, thoughtful and respectful.

Edited on 07/12/2011 7:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ssjain

[42]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 35

luvinx wrote:

Jemadari wrote:

Not even a little bit

Okay, your opinion. This series is about pretty crazy things, so how is that so off base?

Every time I come back to this site I wonder why. Anyone know of W13 fan sites where the people are not rude? I like to have fun, not judge and feel free to discuss any and all ideas.

We are not being rude.You asked a question and I agree that I don't think the hidden figure is Artie in any form.Smile

luvinx

[43]Jul 12, 2011

ssjain wrote:

luvinx wrote:

Jemadari wrote:

Not even a little bit

Okay, your opinion. This series is about pretty crazy things, so how is that so off base?

Every time I come back to this site I wonder why. Anyone know of W13 fan sites where the people are not rude? I like to have fun, not judge and feel free to discuss any and all ideas.

We are not being rude.You asked a question and I agree that I don't think the hidden figure is Artie in any form.Smile

Gotcha. I was just throwing it out there because I thought it might be one possibility that, if done right, might be cool. And you were not rude at all. Thank you.

Jemadari

[44]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 12

luvinx wrote:

Again, this is W13. Anything can happen and I never said it was the present day, W13 Artie. There is no reason that it couldn't be a younger Artie or an alternate Artie. This is a Science Fiction show. The characters are going to have the same weird things happen to them over and over - that is just the way it is. There is a formula to it all. There are just so many possibilities that I don't think discounting most anyone's speculation is realistic, never mind remotely courteous.

Point being that this is a fun show and it would be nice if the discussion fit that. Whether I am wrong or not (and I probably am this time), there is no reason to be rude. Whether you agree or not, there is no reason to be rude. And let's face it....you were. Perhaps I am just a considerate person, but I do not phrase things in a condescending manner which is exactly what you did. In addition, what does my brevity have to do with a rude response? I can bet that even if I had written a nice long paragraph on the matter, you would have answered exactly the same.'

Perhaps that is just the way you are and you are just direct. I haven't been here in quite awhile though. I wanted to check in and have some fun. I was in a tiny bad mood earlier, so that is the only reason that your rudeness even got to me. Normally, I would just ignore it. Which I guess I can do for now on.

That all being said, if you genuinely meant no offense, then I will take your word at that and move on. I just think people should always be considerate, thoughtful and respectful.

It would seem as though we are having a disagreement that began in syntax as based on this post you seem to be of the impression that you made a statement about your beliefs on the subject, when in fact you inquired as to the beliefs of others which I took out the time to share mine because like you and I imagine every other member of this site I too enjoy discussing television shows

and your first paragraph implies that I dismissed your theory and I believe if you are a honest person you can see based on exactly what you wrote(and not what you may feel was implied) and my exact response that all I did was answer a direct question in 5 words,and how one can get from that a personal attack on a theory I have no idea

and for someone who says "I do not phrase things in a condescending manner" I find the words "if you genuinely meant no offense" to be quite condescending as I feel I did a pretty decent job explaining my response to explicitly avoid giving off that impression where as I doubt someones whos ambition was to be rude would have bothered

and I agree this is a fun show but what would be truly nice is if people could tell the difference between opening a dialog for a discussion and asking a rather point blank question but the fact is you are absolutely right, had you made a longer initial response and placed that same question at the end my answer would have been the same,as I personally did not even a little bit think that voice and silhouette belonged to Artie

and as to your final thought it really would have been "considerate, thoughtful and respectful" for you to send me a PM if you felt your honor had been so grievously sullied instead of launching a public attack on my character for a slight that any reasonable person can see was all in your head

luvinx

[45]Jul 13, 2011

Does anyone here have any thoughts on who the mystery silhouette person is at the end of the season opener? It stands to reason that it may be someone we know already and I am curious to see if anyone has any theories.

KenBacklund

[46]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 4
    I did compare the silhouette of Arti and the mystery man from different scenes and I believe that in at least this episode, they're two different persons. For example, Arti doesn't got hair past his ears while the Mystery man does.

nolefan32

[47]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 11
    luvinx wrote:

Does anyone here have any thoughts on who the mystery silhouette person is at the end of the season opener? It stands to reason that it may be someone we know already and I am curious to see if anyone has any theories.

Clearly, his identity is significant, otherwise it wouldn't be shrouded. The possibility exists it's someone who the agents will encounter in a future episode, thus the reason he's kept secret for now, but I agree with the thought that it's likely someone we've encountered already.

I didn't notice it when I watched it, but I've seen in posts that he was or at least appeared to be in a wheelchair. If that's the case, then it's a possibility that it's someone we thought was dead but instead only seriously wounded. Someone who knows about the warehouse and clearly holds a grudge not just against the warehouse but instead apparently against Pete and Myka. My money is someone like Dickerson (though he's pretty clearly dead) or Valda (though his accent would have been too distinct).

Jemadari

[48]Jul 13, 2011

nolefan32 wrote:
    luvinx wrote:

Clearly, his identity is significant, otherwise it wouldn't be shrouded. The possibility exists it's someone who the agents will encounter in a future episode, thus the reason he's kept secret for now, but I agree with the thought that it's likely someone we've encountered already. I didn't notice it when I watched it, but I've seen in posts that he was or at least appeared to be in a wheelchair. If that's the case, then it's a possibility that it's someone we thought was dead but instead only seriously wounded. Someone who knows about the warehouse and clearly holds a grudge not just against the warehouse but instead apparently against Pete and Myka. My money is someone like Dickerson (though he's pretty clearly dead) or Valda (though his accent would have been too distinct).

Personally i'm inclined to believe that it's someone from a future encounter

After reading your post about the wheelchair I went back and watched the episode on demand and you're right he was in a wheelchair which does give some credence to the theory it's someone from a past encounter but off the top of my head I can't imagine who that could be

Now thinking a little more on the subject if it is in fact someone from the past I would imagine it's someone who's grudge predates Myka and Pete's time at the warehouse possibly even the feud goes directly to Mrs Fredrick

nolefan32

[49]Jul 13, 2011
    Jemadari wrote:

nolefan32 wrote:
    luvinx wrote:

Clearly, his identity is significant, otherwise it wouldn't be shrouded. The possibility exists it's someone who the agents will encounter in a future episode, thus the reason he's kept secret for now, but I agree with the thought that it's likely someone we've encountered already. I didn't notice it when I watched it, but I've seen in posts that he was or at least appeared to be in a wheelchair. If that's the case, then it's a possibility that it's someone we thought was dead but instead only seriously wounded. Someone who knows about the warehouse and clearly holds a grudge not just against the warehouse but instead apparently against Pete and Myka. My money is someone like Dickerson (though he's pretty clearly dead) or Valda (though his accent would have been too distinct).

Personally i'm inclined to believe that it's someone from a future encounter

After reading your post about the wheelchair I went back and watched the episode on demand and you're right he was in a wheelchair which does give some credence to the theory it's someone from a past encounter but off the top of my head I can't imagine who that could be

Now thinking a little more on the subject if it is in fact someone from the past I would imagine it's someone who's grudge predates Myka and Pete's time at the warehouse possibly even the feud goes directly to Mrs Fredrick

You might be correct about the grudge pre-dating Pete & Myka, although the discussion about how Myka had assisted Pete and Jinks gave me the impression that the grudge is against them, or with the warehouse but developed during Pete & Myka's tenure. Of course, at this point, this is just conjecture at best, so my mind is open to all possibilities. Could even be that the shrounded identity was just a red herring.

kanniballl

[50]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 18

TeaCake911 wrote:
    Speaking of religion, the new agent is actually a Buddhist, and it was a running conversation point throughout the show. Done right, shows can certainly work a person's faith into their characterization without ruffling feathers. No mention about him being homosexual, though. But I guess having a built-in lie detector helps when figuring out who's still in the closet!

I liked the way they worked it in, because a lot of the conversation was Pete simply not getting it or mis-understanding. I've been in situation before, on both sides of the conversation, where one of us is trying to have a thoughtful conversation about someone one of us knows like the back of our hand. And the other is scratching their head like a cave man.

If all of the scenes were thoughtful understanding moments about Pete learning the values of Budhism it would feel boring and preachy. But since it was Jinx saying something profound and Pete thinking it was something else, it fit.

nolefan32

[51]Jul 13, 2011
    kanniballl wrote:

TeaCake911 wrote:
    Speaking of religion, the new agent is actually a Buddhist, and it was a running conversation point throughout the show. Done right, shows can certainly work a person's faith into their characterization without ruffling feathers. No mention about him being homosexual, though. But I guess having a built-in lie detector helps when figuring out who's still in the closet!

I liked the way they worked it in, because a lot of the conversation was Pete simply not getting it or mis-understanding. I've been in situation before, on both sides of the conversation, where one of us is trying to have a thoughtful conversation about someone one of us knows like the back of our hand. And the other is scratching their head like a cave man.

If all of the scenes were thoughtful understanding moments about Pete learning the values of Budhism it would feel boring and preachy. But since it was Jinx saying something profound and Pete thinking it was something else, it fit.

I liked it, as well. I never felt like they were getting preachy or trying to "sell" Buddhism, only presenting it as a facet of who Jinks is. Hopefully, they'll keep it to that level. I mean, I'm a Christian and even still, I don't like it when I watch shows that get too heavy-handed about Christianity (unless it's something like Passion of the Christ where that was obviously the point going in), so I really don't want to have my favorite sci-fi show get carried away telling me about religions which I don't happen to subscribe to. It's a fine line to walk, but so far, this show has been pretty good about keeping interesting character traits from turning into major plot points unecessarily.

kanniballl

[52]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 18

nolefan32 wrote:
    I liked it, as well. I never felt like they were getting preachy or trying to "sell" Buddhism, only presenting it as a facet of who Jinks is. Hopefully, they'll keep it to that level. I mean, I'm a Christian and even still, I don't like it when I watch shows that get too heavy-handed about Christianity (unless it's something like Passion of the Christ where that was obviously the point going in), so I really don't want to have my favorite sci-fi show get carried away telling me about religions which I don't happen to subscribe to. It's a fine line to walk, but so far, this show has been pretty good about keeping interesting character traits from turning into major plot points unecessarily.

Yeh, I don't care either way when they just talk about it though I'll sometimes find it boring when a whole episode or an episode's major plotline is 100% faith-based depending on how they depicted it.

Religion is a part of human nature, so I hate it when someone says "there is zero-reason for it to ever appear on any sci-fi show ever" like some posts about "V" or "Falling Skies" or even "Doctor Who." I'm not particularly religious, but I have NO problem if a character in a city war-torn by aliens is praying for hope, or some alien is wondering what the frell is "god" to us, or a Church is a setting in a handful of episodes. Other people flip out if someone even suggests the existance of religion in a show's universe.

In any case, I'm liking Jinx with his little quirks and such. I wonder if he's a permanent member or someone who's just going to appear for a handful of episodes like HG.

Edited on 07/13/2011 12:04pm

zorga98

[54]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 3

luvinx wrote:

I think it may be someone from a case that Myka and Pete worked together when they were in the secret service... Myka was a goody two shows and Pete was a bit of a jerk so im sure they made some enemy's> Just my opinion

luvinx

[55]Jul 15, 2011

zorga98 wrote:

luvinx wrote:

I think it may be someone from a case that Myka and Pete worked together when they were in the secret service... Myka was a goody two shows and Pete was a bit of a jerk so im sure they made some enemy's> Just my opinion

Cool, good point. If someone from their past shows up somewhere in the next several episodes, we will have to really wonder. Laughing

Jemadari

[56]Jul 16, 2011
    zorga98 wrote:

luvinx wrote:

that is a great theory, one I would actually like to see come to pass though I still feel like we are due more information on Mrs. Fredrick, so i'm gonna continue to root for that angle

zorga98

[57]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 3

Jemadari wrote:
    zorga98 wrote:

luvinx wrote:

that is a great theory, one I would actually like to see come to pass though I still feel like we are due more information on Mrs. Fredrick, so i'm gonna continue to root for that angle
    Good point, I do think that we are going to see more of Mrs Fredricks past cause I think they have pretty much exahusted Arties

Edited on 07/31/2011 8:49am

coketv

[58]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 1
    my theory is that it is agent gus but from the voice and blurry image i think the actor is anthony lapaglia

blackmage8472

[59]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 15

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/warehouse-13-renewal-imminent.html

Season 4 is looking likely.

Starprincess13

[60]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 24

blackmage8472 wrote:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/warehouse-13-renewal-imminent.html

Season 4 is looking likely.

It was just renewed for a 13 episode season 4. YAY!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/syfy-renews-warehouse-13-season-4/