Warehouse 13

Queen For A Day

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 01, 2011 on Syfy

• Jeri Ryan, a borg out of her Sci Fi (yes that is SCI-ence FI-ction, not Syfy - which means NOTHING) element. She was plastic and wooden and her acting was more apt to being borg than a genuine character. And the pecs and abs of Pete, were 'over the top'.

Since syfy cancelled all the space based REAL Sci-Fi programmes, it seems they have rolled out budget barrell on W13 and even 'adult-ized' it with a Gay Character, who is probably the least gay person ever on any show and will he ever have a bf? NO. And the pecs and abs of Pete show and tell, are nothing but a middle aged man trying to act 20 something, not trim not fit and a lardy with a few hours of pumping iron. Throw in a big budget of guest casts and well sorry it is not making the programme any more interested...or yawn-ing than it was. YAWN!

• Worst episode of the series so far.

5.5
    Some episodes are such misfires that I get worried about the future of a show, and this is one of those. Much of the episode was given over to tediously filmed emotional drivel. Pete makes amends to his ex-wife in a long, excruciating scene. Bad enough, but then 10 minutes later his ex-wife makes a similar long apology. And towards the end there's yet another long scene with Claudia and the new guy sharing.

Seriously? I really don't have nearly enough emotional attachment to these characters to care about their deep traumas. Just show me some crazy artifact stuff.

The artifact stuff was, unfortunately, also a little wanting. The Pete/ex-wife story didn't hold together well. Claudia's story was very slight (this whole two interwoven stories thing that's been happening this season is just not working, perhaps because at least one of the two stories has been boring.

All I can do is hope this is an anomaly and not a sign of the future.
  • Queen For A Day

Queen For A Day was a superb episode of Warehouse 13 and I really enjoyed watching because we were introduced to Pete's ex wife Amanda who was remarrying another Marine. I loved the Ancient Egyptian Artifact in this episode and thought it was very cool and definitely something that would have come from that time and region. I also thought Claudia and Steves mission was interesting and it had some good scenes. There was some great character development and it was interesting to learn more about Steve. Artie seems to be grooming the Warehouse for his eventual departure, but thats just my guess. I look forward to watching the next episode of Warehouse 13!!!!!!!
  • 7 of 9 was Pete's ex-wife! Awkward much! lol!

Okay, what kind of turned me off of this episode at the start was the introduction of Pete's ex-wife being played by 7 of 9 actress Jeri Ryan! Come on! A guy like Pete getting a girl like that! You've got to be kidding me! Especially during his drinking phase?! Who thought this up! She wouldn't have given him the time of day! Awkwardness ensues throughout the episode with Pete and EX's conversations about the past. I really wanted to like this episode at lot but it didn't pull through. Kind of getting tired already of the way the storylines are getting set up too. Only saving grace was Jinky and Claudia's adventure at the Civil War reenactment and yet another reveal from the new guy although it still fell a little short. Oh, and did Jinks' sister's picture look like an altered pic of Claudia or was that just me?! Okay, we get that Jinks' thinks she reminds him of his sister but we don't have to go that far do we unless they're going to reveal later on that she really IS Jinks' thought dead sister! Oh, wait! With this show I wouldn't be surprise if that is one of the major twists down the line! lol!