Watch Over Me

A Chance Encounter

Aired Weekdays 9:00 PM Dec 06, 2006 on MyNetwork TV

• A little bit slow introducing the characters and story premise but watchable. Actors and acting skills are ok; however pilot not a must to watch the series.

This pilot introduces Jack, Julia, & Michael the main characters for the series. We are given some insight into their lives at present. With Jack we are also given the additional insight into his background and the source of his obligatory mental torment- basically a lost love. The viewer is subjected to a mundane series of events leading up to Jack and Julia's meeting each other and their resulting attraction. The wild card being of course, that Julia is involved with Michael. This pilot was not the most captivating. In fact it did not leave the viewer really wanting to know more about the characters. The good news is the actors do justice in their respective roles. Dayanara Tores is a lovely and believable Julia, bringing a certain innocence and charm to the role. Todd Cahoon (the reason I will keep watching) is one handsome tortured soul whose facial expressions speaks volumes. Marc Menard definitely was the winner of the night, bringing a coldness and sinister atmosphere to the character of Michael. Even at this stage one knows not to cross him. There were other character introduced as well, Michael’s lawyer Leandra (played by Catherine Oxenberg) and his head of security (played by Casper Van Dien) obviously have plans of their own. In my opinion however this pilot was not captivating enough on its own. However this particular soap based on a latin telenovela is supposed to be fascinating, therefore it may be a couple more episodes before the verdict is out.