Watch Over Me Forums

MyNetwork TV (ended 2007)

Know anything about this?

ndrose

[1]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 7

thanks - Mary

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

co984life

[2]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 14
    When Desire and Fashion House are over this show will replace one of them.

nevatep

[3]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    This show replaces Fashion House in the 9:00 p.m. time slot, on December 6. The other new show, Wicked Wicked Games, replaces Desire in the 8:00 p.m. time slot. Both premiere on December 6, 2006.

solgud

[4]Dec 10, 2006
    Anybody seen this yet???

Borgotha

[5]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    I have been watching it so far.  It is not as exciting as FH was (I know I should not compare).  So far the storyline has been slow but it has potential as far as these soaps go so I am looking for it to pick up next week.

dolfy3000

[6]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    too many flashbacks at times....however the romance between michael and julia is sweet...i think they are finally getting together...finally julia is waking up to the fact that michael is really evil......

photosurrealism

[7]Jan 26, 2007
    Last night was a "Someone's Story" episode, which is mostly a clip show.  At least they have some new plot to them (unlike the first couple on Desire and FH).  Outside that, yeah, they flashback a lot in case people don't watch every day (but who doesn't?) or started late.

But mostly, it's to save some bucks.  They spend like a million a week on these shows which is five episodes for less than one costs on most series.  I can cut them some slack on that.

I really don't like the recap shows either, but, then again, I write the recaps here, so I've been over the stories a lot by the time Saturday rolls around.  Still don't like the narrators (especially the Desperate Housewives wannabe on FH and WWG) or the narration.  The intro summaries on the episodes are pretty good, though.  I'd like to see them try to cut a recap show like that with little or no narration instead.

Love how the story's going, but, darn it, they have to stop lying to Julia all the time.  It was bad enough when Eric kept saying that stuff, but, OK, he's that guy.  Jack's not "that guy".  And he should probably stop taking advice from Eric too.   I keep waiting for Mabel (the bartender) to say something to that effect.

But, back on topic: is anyone familiar with the Argentinian show this is based on?  How closely are they following the story of that?  (But don't spoil it for us, please!)

dolfy3000

[8]Jan 28, 2007

I liked Mabel's sass, but don't think they will do much with her. I agree with you on how the recap lady sounds like the Desperate Housewives chick. I think it was pretty much foreshadowed of Michael having romantic times with Caitlin and Leandra.

photosurrealism

[9]Jan 29, 2007
    This is MyNetworkTV we're talking about, so it's got to be a love triangle. Leandra's been lusting after Michael forever probably, so with Julia out of the picture, she'll be extra annoyed (more than her ambient level, for sure) to find that Caitlin cut in line in front of her.

dolfy3000

[10]Feb 8, 2007

It was interesting to watch Leandra play off Andre's male caller, since they are husband and wife in real life. She has such a cold demeanor. Would be interesting to see C.O. do a bigger villain part. Sometimes her, Michael and Tatum O'Neal are so good at playing that evil side that you wonder how much of that is really them, they're expressing. And, really there are a million shades to the human psyche. Leandra and Michael are so true evil, as opposed to Andre, he is somewhat manipulated easily.

greeneyesgr

[11]Mar 7, 2007
    I think that Leandra, looks so much older than Andre. I can't even picture them in real life together. She looks like an older woman, and he looks like a boy. More like mother and son. There must be a pretty big age difference there.

dolfy3000

[12]Mar 9, 2007
    He probably likes older women, like, he sees their power and it draws him in.

dolfy3000

[13]Mar 9, 2007
    He probably likes older women, like, he sees their power and it draws him in.