Water Rats - Number One Cop Show in Aust

hawker_au

[1]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    Any 'Water Rats' fans here?

if so you can discuss the show at oztvtalk.com

thanks
    Edited on 08/29/2006 3:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Pinkmyst

[2]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 24
    I used to love the show but when Catherine McClements left it wasn't the same

CrazyLady9

[3]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    I still love watching this show whenever I find it running here in Canada on Showcase.  It's a shame the show was cancelled.....it seemed like it still hadn't hit its prime when they pulled the plug.

_Rach

[4]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 35

Pinkmyst wrote:
    I used to love the show but when Catherine McClements left it wasn't the same

I agree, it just wasnt the same. She was almost like the x factor.

figliomeni

[5]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 1
    how come water rats was released on dvd to season 6 when the last episode on that box set is 151 there are still another 30 odd episodes will they release that on dvd as season 7 or whats going on im confused

_Rach

[6]Dec 31, 2006

Well Shock Records mucked it up when they released season 1 a couple of years ago... it was was called series 1 and 2 (when in fact it was just season 1 in two parts). Then Warner Vision made the rest of the DVDs.... the real 2nd series was released as series 3, series 3 as series 4 and so on. So the last season (6) is actually season 7 on the DVDs.

Edited on 12/31/2006 5:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

szamandafan

[7]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Well , I love the show and I'm watching it right now in my country . I like Matthew Quinn , he's my fav character . hot , hot...

ina_ster

[8]Apr 19, 2007
    I am glad there are still Water Rats fans out there.
    I'm also watching the show now on AXN (for the second time actually)and it's a pleasure!
    It provoked me to watching Australian films (not that there are many to find in my country) and everything I can find with Catherine McClements, definitely my favourite actor after watching Water Rats and Crashburn!

gordy04

[9]May 3, 2007
    • level: 7
    what ever happened to tommy? one min it was there the next gone , i dont know if they explained it can anyone help me

ina_ster

[10]May 4, 2007
    I think they mentioned something about him being on a long holiday, but I'm not sure. I'm watching the show now, its just about the episode when Rachel is going to be killed, so I reckon at the end of next month I might know for sure ;-)

_Rach

[11]May 9, 2007
    Yep Tommy went on long service leave after only a few episodes of season 5.

julieafan

[12]May 22, 2007
    • level: 1

you can join my form about water rats!! I hope to get so many fans there as possibel!

http://waterrats0.proboards61.com/index.cgi? 

kelleekat

[13]May 22, 2008
    HERE IN THE UK WE HAVE WATER RATS ON A SKY CHANNEL AND I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED TO WATCH AND I AM HOOKED,EVEN MY HUBBY WHO IS NOT A COP SERIES FAN LIKES IT. WAS NOT TOO KEEN ON FRANK AND THINK RACHEL IS A BIT WELL TOO OVERPOWERING AND THE WAY SHE TREATS JACK IS NOT NICE, THEY ARE BOTH OBVIOUSLY VERY KEEN ON EACH OTHER BUT SHE FOR SOME REASON WILL NOT ADMIT IT. IT WAS NICE TO SEE HER SON DAVID IN ON E OF THE SHOWS,ONE OF MY SONS LIKES TAYLOR, HE SAID SHE WAS IN ANOTHER AUSSIE TV PROG, DOES ANYONE KNOW MORE ABOUT HER. MY FAV IS JACK, THE WAY HE TALKS AND MAKES COMMENTS IS SO VERY AUSSIE,IN THE UK THAT SORT OF CHARACTER WOULD NOT BE TOO WELL LIKED, BUT I DO.SEEN STEVE BISLEY IN A FAIR FEW FILMS ETC., IS HE IS STILL ACTING, I KNOW HE IS IN SEA PATROL (ANOTHER GOOD AUSSIE PROG)BUT IN THAT HE IS QUITE A SERIOS CHARACTER WHERE HAS THE LARRIKIN GONE. WHY WAS THE SHOW CANCELLED.

kelleekat

[14]May 28, 2008

With regards to my previous posting, have watched more episodes and it was nice to see that rachael was gradually begining to realise how much she did care about jack (he obviously loved her)and it was so sad to see that she was killed,did caTHErine want to leave theshow and did she state why,it was such a shame as jack and goldie made a really good team.Mick is in real trouble not only playing around whilst on duty but with a prositute madam to boot,admittedly she did turn off his phone,BUT HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT A CHECK ON IT. Can someoneplease reply to my questions as l am a very curious person.Thank you

sue2310

[15]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 6

We are on the fourth series in the Uk at the moment and I have really got into it, I prefer the later line up with Bisley and co. I've only just realised how old the show is Grrrrr.. I always get into something then find out it was cancelled. I absolutely love the character Jack he so makes me laugh his humor is wicked.

Wish in the UK we would get more of the Aussie dramas whilist I spent a year there I loved their shows, at least we can look forward to the last season of McLeods Daughters soon.

_Rach

[16]Aug 3, 2008
    kelleekat wrote:

With regards to my previous posting, have watched more episodes and it was nice to see that rachael was gradually begining to realise how much she did care about jack (he obviously loved her)and it was so sad to see that she was killed,did caTHErine want to leave theshow and did she state why,it was such a shame as jack and goldie made a really good team.Mick is in real trouble not only playing around whilst on duty but with a prositute madam to boot,admittedly she did turn off his phone,BUT HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT A CHECK ON IT. Can someoneplease reply to my questions as l am a very curious person.Thank you

Yes Catherine McClements wanted to leave the show. Can't quite remember the exact reason, but I think she was just exhausted, plus she was being stalked by someone at the time too. I also remember reading somewhere that she thought she had done everything that she could do in terms of Rachel's character development (if that makes sense!).