Waterloo Road

Wednesday 7:30 PM on BBC Premiered Mar 09, 2006 In Season

yvonneslair

Waterloo Road Fan Reviews (20)

• waterloo road

Why killing off grantly budget that's a mistake the show is not as good now what was going on in the wrighters heads the show rating will go down now as many people have said same thing to me as well you will never get a character like him again the show was a ten out of ten with grantly in it but not a 3 out of 10
  • next series they take the school to mars after a meteor hits the new school on scotland

I understand the title of this review seems a little long and bit far fetched but it's the only way I see this tired old series going. After about 2 more series than the writers can seem to write for a school closure and subsequent move to Scotland (probably more for b.b.c budgetary reason) sees the school move take its students with them and start a new life and with every episode its get more and more awful note badly written and peppered with sentiment and cheese that's ruined a once enjoyable t.v program. I have a sneaking suspicion this will be that last series 2 season ago it would have gone off on a high now it's it will go off like a wet fart.
  • waterloo road

score:waterloo road is not a felling school because they try hard day after day. and in the end they get shut down ohhhh
  • A drama about students & teachers at an underperforming high school.

At first glance this series looks like another Holby City with it's cast made up of ex-soap stars but overlook the castings and you'll find this show thoroughly entertaining. Waterloo Road is a run down high school in Merseyside that has a spectrum of students & teachers. Hard living, cynical head teacher Jack Rimmer is joined by new deputy Andrew Treneman, a no nonsense ex-private school teacher, who takes a shine to the liberal student friendly teacher Kim. Elements of soap opera do occur in the form of a love triangle between married teacher Izzie & soon to be wed Tom, whose fiancee Lorna is Izzie's best friend. Students also provide plenty of drama in the form of Dante & Lewis, the latter one proving to be a real nasty piece who had his neighbours petitioning the authorities that he should be expelled from Waterloo Road. Other characters worthy of note are Steph the flirty teacher of French & homophobic Grantly who seems to be hanging it out til retirement.
  • wow that ep 2 was fantastic.

Superb direction, the actors worked their sox off. The trans gender boy was fab, can't wait to see him in something else. What about the song at the end, needed a hanky! it isn't a programme I would normally watch but I'm hooked now. Like all the funny stuff with Robson. Don't like his cocky son, the character not the acting. Also like chalky, can't wait to see him channel his inner Rocky,. That was a good script really well directed and acted. I know it's not reality but we all need a bit of escapism and it tackles issues that we can all learn about in a fairly calm way, informative without over egging it.
  • i like the show but come on the stuff that goes on the show do u ever see any thing like that go on in a high school in britain come on

i like the show but come on the stuff that goes on the show do u ever see any thing like that go on in a high school in britain come on you nedd a better story line than that.
    i love the show but i would like to see better story line than pupil falls fols in lv with the teacher
    like the teacher follow the pupild around afetr school to see if ever thing is ok COME ON i am at a high school and i have never haerd of anything like that in liufe But i LOVE THE ZSHOW SO KEEP THEM COMING
  • I can get that some people love this show, but i think it is a boring melodramatic highlight of everything wrong in society! for those looking for an educated program that is exhilarating and never dull, look elsewhere is my opinion.

3.5
    Sorry all those die hard Waterloo Road fans, i don't see the attraction to a melodramatic over thought and overestimated drama that tries to be 'down to earth' and 'hard hitting'. to be honest i think it missed its mark by miles. The dialogue is repetitive and boring, the plot lines are so predictable that i feel my 13 year old brother would do better, even the plot twist and character detail all feel like after-thoughts. And yes i anticipate the flood of 'why do you watch it then?!?!' and things from all you supporters and my answer is my mother watches it and i suffer for it.

If your bag is to watch school drama's with obnoxious teens with 'soggy' plot twists (sorry just my opinion) then enjoy, but those of you out there looking for a controversial and hard hitting drama, i warn you to avoid this and look else where.

P.s. Please don't slate me for what i think, just spreading my views ;)
  • What an amazing program! Packed full of storylines to keep you hooked :)

When i first started watching Waterloo Road in series 2 i instantly loved it, and have watched it ever since. It just gets better and better, and you never know what's going to happen next! The characters are great and their parts are played really well, which makes the show really believable and a pleasure to watch. I always look forward to my Wednesday nights because Waterloo Road's on, it's just so good!

Although Waterloo Road is set in a school, alot of things that happen can make it seem unrealistic, but hey it's drama! It's entertaining and you will not want to move from your seat throughout the program! :)
  • amazing

i absolutely LOVE this programme. it is the best ever and it shows that school can sometimes be fun. the best character in my opinion it deff rachel mason, as she is a strong character who has been through so much and come out fighting. there is a fantastic range of characters and more than one eventful thing happens every episode, which makes is so action-packed and fun to watch. it is also belivable and some of those things would happen in schools quite often. the episode with earl and the gun was far fetched yes, but it does happen and the waterloo road dealt with it like real life schools would.
  • waterloo road is a comprehensive school which is doing badly

waterloo road is a school which is failing and doing badly. its about students and teachers and the stuff they get up to. it is a good programme to watch. they tackle situations in different episodes like in one episode they tackled immigration etc.waterloo road has 3 series so far it airs every thursday on bbc 1 its a pretty addictive programme i usually watch it every week.there are several different characters in the show like for e.g donte chlo mika brett janeece and man many more and they are all students while there quite a lot of teachers. im giving waterloo road 8.0 because its pretty good and i mostly like watching it
  • waterloo road is a school which isnt very well

• Waterloo road has been a great show since the very first episode, which i remember very clearly even three seasons later!

The current series 3 has been great so far, with the new teachers, even though the old ones are greatly missed but hopefully they will be back! My personal favourite teacher is the new english teacher Miss Koreshi because she is such a cool teacher and i wish she taught in my school because she is so good at football! i see future potential from Miss Koreshi at aterloo road- espicially With Tom ican see the chemistry brewing all ready and i even think the students have picked up on, one of them being Mika and I don't think she will be very happy if Miss Koreshi shacks up with Tom-ih her own house! As poor Mika i feel so sorry for her, she has a HOT slimeball of a boyfriend and a liar and a cheat for a sister!! Hopefully she will find out and dump brett!
  • This show is gritty, realistic and the cast are great.

All of the people in Waterloo Road play the twists and turns of their character in the Waterloo Road Enterprise School amazingly. The gritty atmosphere and the real-life aspect of the show makes you laugh, cry and sometimes it makes you want to hug the characters.
    Unfortunately, I wan't there for the first series - but the second series was there for me and I loved every minute of it ;). Excellent second series, just as the next series (I bet you 1,000 pounds ) will be great as well. I love Waterloo Road! :) (I hope Jill Halfpenny stays) djjoe
  • it was one of those things that had something around every corner

i personally thought it was great with something new on every episode and all of the episodes ending on a cliffhanger. although there was no overall story except the blond teacher killing herself it still made lots of sens. One of the other reasons i liked this is because it had Katie Griffiths of course and i like to watch anything that she is in including casualty, waterloo road and the resent coming down the mountain which for some reason this website doesn't say it exists but still.overall i thought that this was a great show that i had to watch every episode of.
    thanks for reading my review bye
  • It's Bloomin Marvolous.

Waterloo Road is definatly a much watch. Every Thursday I look forward to watching the life of a disfunctunal school.
    It's just like the one i go to only mine is worse.
    My fave character is Lewis Sedden the ASBO kid who is very angry but has quick witt and a sharpe tounge.

10/10
  • If all schools were like this, it would make it a lot more interesting.

Waterloo Road is all about a high school in Rochdale Manchester with teachers who dont want to be there as there dealing with mixed up love lives and the pupils who are just the same. Its brilliant TV. The affair between Tom and Izzie was gripping stuff, especially with mad Lorna the ex wife trying to get back. The cast make the programme extra special. The acting is brilliant, with the likes of jason Merrells, who was in cutting it an established actor, and youngsters such as Chelsee Healey, Janeece and Lauren Drummond, Mika who are just learning the trade.
  • A great Show

This is a show about an underacheiving high school with teachers that have very intresting private life. Their private lifes get in the way of their school life a lot! This is a really fab show and all of my friends watch it . ( This is on b b c 1 at 8 o clock, Thursdays. It is really realistic! Once you start watching you can't stop and you get really into the lives of Dante,Stacey,Chlo, Mika, Lorna Tom,Grantley, Izzie, Kim, and all the others. I just can't wait for the next episode!!! Basically it is just so great
  • Best British Broadcast Ever

Best show ever i see it on BBC America i wish it played in the states on regular channels i love the drama and all the great plot elements but i adore the characters they make you really get into the show. I love everything about this show I reccomend it highly. They have the first season out on DVD in the UK i can't wait until the next season comes out in America. This show is great for everyone who loves great plots and great characters. The first season wwas great I can not wait to see next season.
  • The best show to come out of english television in ages.

Waterloo road is the story of a down and out school full of teachers who have had enough and pupils who seriously couldn't care less about their education.

When the old headmaster sufers from a mental breakdown,Jack Rimmer is appointed head teacher.Along with new deputy head,pompous Andrew Trenerman,the frisky french teacher,the beligerant english teacher and the sensible and understanding art teacher,he trys to turn the school around.

This show includes eveything that you could possibly want from a good school drama,relationships and affairs between the teachers and other staff,problems with the pupils and plenty of funny lines from all characters.

Finally on television,there is a show that actually depicts how a real school might actually be and how real teachers and pupils fill their parts in said place,instead of some idealized vision.
  • Waterloo Road is about a school full of misguided and bad students and the teachers that work there. Some of the teachers are as misguided as the students.

I have to say it took me awhile to get into Waterloo Road. The kids are a pain but thats believeable considering the school. The new teacher to the school Andrew was hard to like until he went up against Kim the resident "I love all the kids regardless of their situations" teacher. What also hooked me was the storyline about the kids. But I won't give any clues to that you would just have to watch. Pretty soon after the 4th episode it started to get good. I am throughly hooked now and can't wait for the next season.