A Wayward Pines Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on FOX

... AMC has ordered a pair of shows to series: Turn and Halt & Catch Fire. Halt & Catch Fire stars Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) as a computer visionary in the 1980s who, along with an engineer and a prodigy, set out to revolutionize the computer world and give the big computer corporations the finger. Turn is set during the war for America's independence and tells the story of a farmer and his farmin' friends who develop a spy ring that helps turn the tide of war. This is the first time that AMC has ordered two series in the same cycle, and both are expected to air next year. [AMC via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Syfy has greenlit the 90-minute pilot Dominion, based on characters from the 2010 movie Legion. Wait, Legion? Didn't that totally bomb? Well, okay. Dominion is set 25 years in the future and follows a dude who is the key to saving mankind after a war between angels and humans has ruined everything. [Syfy via press release]

... Disney has ordered a third season of Lab Rats, a comedy about an ordinary teen who goes to high school with his three siblings who have super powers. [Disney XD via press release]

... NickMom (yes, that's a thing) and Whoopi Goldberg are finally teaming up just as you prayed for. Goldberg is developing Lounge, a hybrid talk show in which frank conversations with moms become pampering sessions for them. Also in the works are Undercover Cupid, a hidden-camera dating show for single parents where the dates are orchestrated by their kids; Country Mom, City Mom, a docu-series following Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's Tanya McQueen as she raises two kids in a small town in Texas and also lives with her husbands and stepkids in Los Angeles; and an untitled family comedy about a dad, his wife, and three daughters. [THR]

... MTV has renewed Ke$ha and ordered a Miley Cyrus documentary and okay I'm just going to jump off this bridge byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee *splash* [THR]

... Sharknado is coming to theaters for one night only. Two hundred Regal movie theaters across the country will show the Syfy original movie at midnight on August 2. Are we all still pretending that Sharknado is a thing? I recommend saving your money and just reading Price's photo recap. [Regal Cinemas]

CASTING NEWS

... Mistresses' Rules of Attraction's Shannyn Sossamon will star in the Fox miniseries Wayward Pines, from producer M. Night Shyamalan. The spooky series is about an FBI agent (Matt Dillon) who goes to a spooky town to find a pair of missing colleagues; Sossamon will play the wife of Dillon's character. [The Wrap]

... Hart of Dixie has promoted Kaitlyn Black to regular status for the upcoming season. Black plays Annabeth, who is described as a fan favorite. Yes, both fans like her! Boom! Take that, Hart of Dixie. [TV Line]

... Alcatraz's Parminder Nagra has joined NBC's upcoming thriller The Blacklist as a series regular. James Spader stars as a criminal who turns himself in to the FBI to snitch on many of his former cohorts but only if he works with a new female agent. Nagra will play an agent who mentors the young female agent. Yes, I realize Nagra is more famous for E.R. but I have made it my life's mission to never let people forget who was involved in Alcatraz. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Once Upon a Time has cast Tinkerbell! And it's some actress named Rose McIver, who apparently played the Yellow Ranger in Power Rangers RPM and we're way above my pay grade on this one. [EW]

REQUIRED READING

... Ever wonder what the offices of Netflix are like the night they have to launch an original series? The AP was there when the company released Orange Is the New Black, and there's a lot more to do than just press a button. [Associated Press]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/27/2016

Season 2 : Episode 10

80 Comments
Comments (87)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
glad for promotion at HoD. one of my favorite shows on the CW. annabeth is one of my fav characters on show. i like them all, but just something bout that character makes u want to enjoy that character. lol.
Flag
Turn sounds good, and it's all about The Culper Ring a civilian espionage agency started during the American Revolution to spy on British occupiers of New York.
Flag
So on NickMom, are the children doused with slime while the grown-ups laugh at them?
Flag
Thanks for the daily Sharknado news update. :)
Twitter should be shut down.
Flag
So many words, so little news worth caring about. Sorry to hear you jumped off a bridge midway through this article, but I understand.
Flag
I can confirm the other HoD fan and I both like Annabeth's character
Flag
You had me at "Lee Pace".
Flag
Lee Pace makes my lady garden blossom!
Flag
So true
Flag
To much reality trash in tv nowadays, its not only SyFy, even my favourite documentary channels, Discovery, National Geographic only put trash shows like "digers", "fish in...", etc...
Flag
Anything Lee Pace I'm interested in.
Flag
I enjoyed Legion for what it was, but it wasn't all that.

That being said, I am very happy to see more "original" material hitting SyFy instead of another reality show or wrestling hour or shipped in show from Canada (not that I hate them or anything). So, if this is just a stepping stone for hope, then I'll take it. Besides, the best part of the movie was the whole idea of the guy protecting the baby and his mother, so I hope they keep that part of the movie. The romance between them, the religious tattoos that will (hopefully) finally get an explanation, and the kid meant to save the world... somehow. It could be good.

Cheesy as hell, no doubt, but good. If you like that sort of thing. (Which I do.)
Flag
Somebody please make me head of the Sy-Fy channel for a year. I could do a better job running it with a dart board and blindfold than they have done in the last few years.I mean, put wrestling on, cancel Alphas, put on stupid reality shows and buy only bad reruns. WTF! Are these people high or are there really people that stupid out there.
Flag
If you bring back Alphas, you have my vote.
Flag
The dart board and blindfold idea is great, but how many junior exec's are going to get caught in the crossfire? Too many lawsuits might jeopardise Sharknado 2.

And yes, there are people out there that are just that stupid (that was a clunky sentence). Just look at the ratings for that Honey Boo crap, there's your evidence.
Flag
I am sorry for that last sentence;I was upset thinking about management at SyFy.However,I am college educated and my old English professor would whip me with wet noodles if he read it,so I throw myself on the Mercy of the gods of literature and prose.
Flag
lol! I was talking about the sentence that I had written, but now that you mention it! To be fair to you, there are a lot of stupid people out there so it's only natural to assume that a network that consistently makes stupid decisions has a higher than average concentration of stupid people running it.

Also, "whip me with wet noodles"? WTF?
Flag
They should make a whole saga about Sharknado :)
Flag
Jumping off a bridge huh? Oh if only........
Flag
You might not like Hart of Dixie but it is good to have a light hearted show on instead of reality & there may actually be more than 2 people that watch it Tim!
Flag
still my biggest guilty pleasure! it`s a feel-good show and though i love my dexter, hannibal, walking dead.... etc shows like this should never dissappear.
Flag
Count me number three. Rachel Bilson is welcome on my TV any old time...
Flag
i like annabeth, tim you´re such a dou$%e sometimes......
Flag
idk why but theres something about Turn that Its calling me. It sounds so silly that it must be good (but that might be b/c u used the turn "Farmin' friends")
Flag
Why in the hell has Kesha gotten a renewal but Teen Wolf hasn't yet been renewed for season four? Talk about travesty.
Flag
They will probably wait until the 2nd half of the season starts to air
Flag
That long? Starz would have renewed Teen Wolf for season six by now.
Flag
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Flag
And a movie
Flag
yes, give us a movie or three!
Flag
AMC shows seem boring. Probably interesting, but still boring. Halt and Catch Fire already sounds redundant and dated. I see these going the way of Rubicon after a season - no more no less.

Did Disney cancel Shake it Up? I don't watch it (really...), but always catch bits of it when flipping channels looking for something on because it seems Disney always has it on one channel or another. I thought I saw a tiny headline about cancellation just recently, but can't find it at the moment.
Flag
I should clarify "boring" not to include Walking Dead (for me anyway) and to some degree Hell on Wheels even though I've had minor issues with that show. I only saw three or four episodes of Breaking Bad (sorry) so can't comment on that.
Flag
I stopped watching Hell on Wheels after season 1 because it was boring. The Walking Dead has had some long boring stretches. Boring is pretty much the default mode of operation for AMC. I think they like the contrast it provides with the brief moments of excitement.
Flag
fan of Lee Pace, not really sure about that new show though..

I watch Hart of Dixie, but let's be honest, if it wasn't Rachel Bilson I wouldn't give a crap.

my little 8 year old cousin likes Lab Rats, so I can say they don't have super bowers, they're teens with bionic powers lol and that season of Power Rangers was the only decent one since the original series so long ago. but Tinker Bell is two words :p

who in their right mind would pay to see Sharknado since it was free on TV? hell, who in their right mind would watch Sharknado for free?! I don't think Syfy or anybody else realizes nobody likes the show, they're just talking about it to make fun of how ridiculous stupid it is.
Flag
Geez, Miley Cyrus really can't stop.
Flag
Absolutely adore Lee Pace... can't wait to see the new series...
Flag
Halt & Catch Fire is about a revolutionary computerized pie-making system? OK, OK, I had to get that out of my system.
Flag
Lee Pace + AMC = Hooray!
Flag
The only reason Legion bombed was because of bad press from the religious Majority in this country, Guess they skipped over the parts of the Bible where Angels mercilessly kill.
Flag
To be fair, those angels were usually directed by God to mercilessly kill people. They were just following orders.

And Legion bombed because it was a terrible movie. I'm an agnostic, my friend is an atheist, my other friend is devoutly catholic, and we all hated it.
Flag
Directed by God
Produced by Michael Bay
Flag
An agnostic, an atheist and a devout catholic walk into a bar.........
Gimme a minute and i'm sure i can do something with this
Flag
We're all different races, too. White, Black and Asian. How about a religion/race match game?!
Flag
you just reminded me of this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svLyyzBC_qI
the first joke
Flag
or a cage match to the death!
Flag
Really? Huh. I happen to be religious and I loved the movie. C'est la vie.
Flag
Some people just like crap. Alcatraz, anyone?
Flag
Don't be judgey, I liked Alcatraz. :P
Flag
Then you are in the minority my friend.
Flag
Or there's just no correlation. I'm an atheist. The movie was bad. Maybe entertaining in the moment, but definitely bad and not the sort of thing one would recommend to a friend.
Flag
Dominion? What? Why? Who?
Flag
That makes two actresses from Power Rangers RPM cast in American tv series Rose played Summer Landsdown the Yellow Ranger and Adelaide Kane (Cora Hale on Teen Wolf) played Tanaya 7 a villain.
Flag
and nothing spoke to me until talk about this show called wayward pines. I'll give a matt dillon show a shot and wayward pines doesn't sound like a bad start.

nagra joining the blacklist just upped the chance of my being interested in the show from 'probably going to think it's all hype' to 'at least there will be eye candy.'

is tinkerbell going to be life-size in the real world like the cricket isn't a cricket and is life size? just gonna assume yes.

Flag
I'm waiting for Sharknado: The Musical....
Flag
Wouldn't that be somethin'--but don't go gettin' any ideas there, SyFy!
Flag
They could have the sharks sing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" led by a Broadway star and "Dust In The Wind" to open or close the show. It's a winner, I tell ya...
Flag
SYFY definitely needs to fill the void with EUREKA gone and soon WAREHOUSE 13. Maybe more people like the "alien" "post-apocalyptic" thing but ratings have tended to be pretty good for the so called "soft-sci-fi" I love so much. So I really hope they're considering more of those type of shows.
Flag
Staff
If that Sharknado theatre screening is free, its too much.
Flag
'Yes, I realize Nagra is more famous for E.R. but I have made it my life's mission to never let people forget who was involved in Alcatraz'. You obviously do this because Alcatraz was a great show, and you want people to recognise the good work of everyone involved on the show.

Nagra was especially good, and I'll think she'll suit The Blacklist nicely.
Flag
Staff
I LIKE HART OF DIXIE, TIM.
Flag
Who's the other one?
Flag
We're legion, Ben...
Flag
Did I miss something? Does anyone else know what "Derek" is about (people who read the article at the end)?
Flag
I know Ricky Gervais already did a series called "Derek" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2616280/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2 - which already aired in the UK, nothing about a Netflix series
Flag
Yeah, it's that one. Netflix says they will count it as an exclusive since it's only been previously shown in the UK. Too bad - it's not very funny. Not by Ricky Gervais standards, anyway...
Flag
Apparently, it's a Netflix original that's supposed to come out in September! I hope it's good but I've never heard of it being a thing that exists!
Flag
Me neither. Interest is peaked though.
Flag
Here's the pitch for Dominion "Dominion is described as an epic supernatural action drama set 25 years in the future after a war between an army of angels and mankind has transformed the world. It follows the perilous journey of a rebellious young soldier who discovers he’s the unlikely savior of humanity." - you can keep watching Under The Dome, i'd rather watch this
Also SyFy ordered some more pilots
"In addition to Dominion, Syfy has narrowed the field for more pickups as I hear the network is considering both pilot and straight-to-series orders. Said to be at the top of the list are four projects, at least one of which is expected to go straight to series.The quartet includes another movie adaptation, 12 Monkeys, from writers Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett, director Jon Cassar and Atlas Entertainment; Clandestine, from actor-writer Todd Stashwick and artist Dennis Calero, described as a swashbuckling space drama/adventure revolving around mercenaries who masquerade as part of an intergalactic fleet; Proof, from Marti Noxon and M. Night Shyamalan, about the son of a billionaire tech genius who offers a large reward for anyone who can find proof of life after death; and Sojourn, from Phil Levens, Jason Blum and Lionsgate, about a space detective tasked with investigating a murder on a starship."
(Both quotes from Deadline.com)
Sojourn seems promising as well
More+
Flag
Sojourn sounds the most interesting to me from the logline, Clandestine almost sounds like Firefly.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members