WCW Clash of the Champions

TBS (ended 1997)

KyL416

WCW Clash of the Champions Fan Reviews (2)

7.4
  • The first Clash is a classic. The one that made Sting become a household name. With his 45 minute classic against Ric Flair. It took place on 3/27/88 live on TBS, in front of a packed house at the Greensboro Coliseum, in Greensboro NC.

Classic and unforgettable. The 45 minute classic that made Sting a household name. The Road Warriors & Dusty vs. Ivan Koloff & The Powers of Pain in a barbed wire match And Barry Windham & Lex Luger vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard. Crockett promotions at it's best!! Two of the matches are on current WWE DVD's. But they supposedly can't find the Sting & Ric Flair classic. Why can't they just purchase it off of ebay. Will we ever get to see this match again? Only time will tell. I'd like to see all the Clashes released on DVD.
  • WCW COC was a show that you would have to pay $29.95 on ppv, but you got it for free on tBS.

This was one of those pro-wrestling shows that at times you felt you were stealing from the company.
    They featured ppv-like quality matches that you got for FREE on cable tv.
    Considering the fact that I was only 11 years old when I started watching C.O.C., I was in awe at how they included storylines and promos that did not take away from the product at hand. Which of course is missing today on many pro-wrestling shows.
    It had people on there that noone probably heard about like The Fantastics or The Sheepherders and then they had well known names like Sting, Flair, The 4 Horsmen, Arn Anderson, Ron Simmons and many others.
    People forget that WCW was and is one of the best pro-wrestling orginizations that was taken away too soon.
    I love COC and I wish that more pro-wrestling orginizations would do so in the future.