WCW Monday Nitro

TNT (ended 2001)

SrRui

WCW Monday Nitro Fan Reviews (16)

• WCW was the best wrestling show ever. It was better than wwe and ecw. I used to watch tis show every Monday night on TNT. And watch WCW Thunder every Thursday night on TBS. I enjoyed this show. They need to bring this show back someday.

They brought back ecw and didn`t bring back WCW. I didn`t like ecw. It was boring. WCW had a lot of wrestler`s like Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, The Giant, Macho Man, Lex Luger, Sting, Konnan, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Raven, Ric Flair, Alex Wright, Kanyon, Booker T, Stevie Ray, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Bret Hart, The British Bulldogg, Curt Hennig, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and everybody. They also had the best announcers and great storylines. This show brings back many memories. It`s just sad that they took this show off the air. I hope they bring it back someday. I really enjoyed this show.

Please bring back WCW! I`m begging you.
  • Fun while it lasted.

I don't think that this show was as bad as it showed it was when it was on the last two years of its run. The tattered image it left made it seem like Monday Nitro was a terrible show when it truth, it was once better than Monday Night Raw. I thought this was one of the better shows when it was in its prime around 1995-1997. I even would say it was a top show on cable. That said, it is sad to see the show become a thing of the past when the current wrestling products are about the same level of boring. Thank you.
  • I miss this show

I really miss the show, I miss WCW, I miss the Monday Night Wars. Those were the days when it was great to be a wrestling fan. The NWO, The Flock, The Horsemen. I wish WCW never went out of business. Nitro was awesome of a show. It was better then Thunder. The Nitro Girls were hot. The segments were great and the matches were classic(Not all of them.I just miss Monday being bale to switch back and forth if one of the shows had something you didn't like on it. WCW Nitro will always be one of the best wrestling hsows out there right behind Raw of course.
  • It was in the mid-90's when Eric Bischoff backed by the money of Ted Turner decided to take Vince McMahon WWE straight head to head.

After luring top star Hulk Hogan, WCW did the unimaginable when following the signing of Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, turned the biggest fan favourite of all time, Hulk Hogan, as a heel to form the new World order.

With the nWo running the show and battling WCW team lead by Sting, Eric Bischoff managed to beat Vince McMahon regularly during the Monday Night Rating Wars. The sudden emergence of Goldberg continued to help WCW.

But following a slump by WCW mainly due to mismanagement, WWE bought WCW to put it out of business.

It was during the nWo era that wrestling was at its best with two major companies going at it toe to toe. WCW and nWo will be forever missed by any wrestling fan.
  • Monday Nitro Vs Monday Night Raw. Boy those were the days.....

Around the time the Monday Night Wars, I was 10 - 16 years old......and had no cable, which meant I missed a LOT of great moments from Raw and Nitro. Sad for me, but thank God for the Internet, YouTube, Daliymotion and Livevideo. And all I can say is this: I missed out on a lot of "history in the making" moments.

Monday Nitro was definitely the better wrestling show than Monday Night Raw. Well one of the many reason why was Eric Bischoff's plan: to broadcast what the WWF was doing an HOUR before they came on the air......which worked to their advantage until 1998.

Tell me something, how many times have you seen a lot of great promos and matches all under one promotion? Some had one of those elements, but lacked the other. Not Nitro, they were the total package. And man, did they put on a better product back in the days........until the infamous "Finger poke of Doom." That damaged Nitro and WCW beyond repairs.

2001, WCW was bought and Nitro died. It really sickens me when WCW went bankrupt, because Nitro was the heart for the WWF. Not their stars, but Nitro. They were competition, and without that, we get the current WWE product. With guys like Cena, Batista and Lashley as champions........really great product, isn't it? NOT.

To conclude:
    Monday Nitro, better show. It's a shame it died. And R.I.P. Hopefully we can get another Monday Night War soon so we can get better products, but with the way TNA is going, don't expect that to happen.
  • THREE LETTERS N.W.O.......

I've been watching WCW Nitro since I was 7.And I still think WCW Nitro was the best wrestling show ever. My favorite part was when the N.W.O was formed.And in conclusion WCW Nitro will always will have been the best wrestling show of all time.Thats all I have to say.
  • WCW was probably the best wrestling anyone will ever see.

If it was not for Stone Cold Steve Austin I think that WCW would of been buying WWF. The WCW had alot of the top talent and the show was 3 hours of good wrestling with better story lines. Here is a list of some of the wrestlers they had. Sting, Hulk Hogan, Piper, Flair, DDP, Kevin Nash, Scott Stiner, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Raven, Rey Mysterio, Goldberg, Kidman, and Macho Man. Also the Nitro Girls had more class then the slutty looking females on WWF. Stacy Keibler and Torrie Wilson were both on WCW before WWF.

The NWO Wolfpack was my favorite time in wrestling. Sting joined up with Kevin Nash, Lex Luger, Macho Man, and Konan as the top team in wrestling. They represented the good in wrestling. It lasted for along time and was very exciting every week. If you like wrestling then trust me this was way better then the crap that the WWE shows today.
  • WCW was the best wrestling show ever. It was better than the WWE and ecw. I used to watch this show every Monday night on TNT. And watch WCW Thunder every Thursday night on TBS. I enjoyed this show. They need to bring back this show someday. Ecw sucks!!!!

They brought back ecw and didn`t bring back WCW. I didn`t like ecw. It was boring. WCW and TNA are the best wrestling shows ever. WCW had a lot of wrestlers like Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, The Giant, Macho Man, Lex Luger, Sting, Konnan, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Raven, Ric Flair, Alex Wright, Kanyon, Booker T, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Curt Hennig, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and everbody. This show had the best announcers, and great storylines. This show brings back many memories. Its just sad that they took this show off the air. I hope that they bring this show back someday. I really enjoyed this show.

Please bring back WCW! I`m begging you.
  • You broght ECW back so why not WCW!

WCW was one of my favorite wresting shows, it had all my favorites, Sting, Rey Mystrio(sp), Goldberg, Eddie Guerreo(RIP
    buddie) Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, and a lot of other cool guys.
    They had all the best titles and my favorite the television championship. And the best commentater(sp) Mike Tenay he had the best voice. And in WCW they had the best story lines and the coolest matches. And their Pay Per View events had the best names, Bash at the Beach, Holloween Havoc, just to name a
    couple. WCW I'll never forget you I'll always remember you in
    my heart Whoo!
  • In 1996 WCW Nitro was born responsible for the greatest faction in wrestling history, the NWO. With stars like Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Ric Flair and Sting, WCW was destined for greatness.

I know for one thing I used to watched WWE when it was WWF with Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, The Utlimate Warrior, and them; before the new 'breed' showed up, and changed it all. That's when I switched over to WCW, and started watching it when some of WWF wrestlers went there. And feel in love Sting & WCW.

I hated when it went off the air, and I was suck watching WWE/WWF again. Only because most of the WCW wrestlers went there that I knew. Now there's TNA with Jarrett, Nash, Sting, and them. Finaully there's another FED to watch when WWE gets boring (Which is getting to be).
  • WCW Monday Nitro was the infusion of the modern world of pro-wrestling meets the southern style. Atlanta based media mogul Ted Turner\\\'s infamous call to Vince McMahon saying that he was in the \\\"Rasslin\\\' Business\\\" is one that will live forever.

Turner hired Eric Bischoff to head up WCW, in my opinion Bischoff did an excellent job until he made announcer Tony Schiavone fire the shot heard round the wrestling world. That famous line just prior to the main event on Nitro. Shiavone stated that the winner of the main event on Raw was already decided as in those days as you all know Raw was taped. When he blurted out that Mick Foley, aka Mankind,Dude Love, and Cactus Jack would
    win the WWE(Then WWF) World Heavyweight Title from the Rock, viewers around the country turned their respective television sets from TNT to USA to watch a TAPED SHOW instead of WCW\\\'s live show! And as we all know this ended an 88 week reign at the top of the ratings war between the two titans. It was all downhill for WCW from then on. The Bischoff era was coming to an end, and Vince Russo and Ed Ferrarra were on the way in.
    Like it states,this is only my opinion, but when all this was going on I was 19 years old and I could have done a better job creatively than those two ass-clowns. Like Ferrarras on-screen character of \\\"Oklahoma\\\" poking fun at WWE announcer Jim Ross. I for the most part didnt really watch much WWF at the time, but this aspect of WCW actually sickened me. Jim Ross has bells palsy and has suffered a stroke. So for the Russo and Ferrarra to make light of that situation on the air was disgusting. But I still must pledge my undying allegiance to the WCW family.
    When Eric Bischoff started raiding talent from Paul Heymans Philadelphia Based ECW promotion, he discovered a veritable gold mine of talent. Just to list a few Chris Jericho,Chris Benoit,Taz,Rey Mysterio,Eddie Guerrerro,Raven,Rhyno,Psychosis and the list goes on and on. I was also a huge ECW fan until they fell to the mighty McMahon wrestling monopoly as well. Bischoff also stole Kevin Nash and Scott Hall,coming up with the ORIGINAL INVASION storyline, not the watered down and rehashed version that Vinnie Mac tried to feed us all when his son Shane \\\"bought\\\" WCW out from under dear old dad back in 2001. Bischoff in a stroke of genius then takes the immortal Hulk Hogan and turned him heel to form the best stable in the history of wrestling : the nWo!
    Then they had to make the nWo Wolfpac, still ok. Nash,Luger,K-Dogg and Rey Mysterio,and Savage. Still a good group of faces,with Konnan of course the weakest link just like now in TNA. Then came the recombining of the two groups into an \\\"A\\\" and \\\"B\\\" team respectively. We also had the Late Great Eddy Guerrerro\\\'s LWO(Latino World Order),the Revolution,The Misfits In Action,Raven\\\'s Flock. I mean the list of factions go on and on until the end with the New Blood and The Millionaires Club.
    I will end on this, through all it\\\'s collective faults and misdeeds. Bad storylines and financial faux-pas, World Championship Wrestling\\\'s Monday Nitro was an incredible show with the best wrestlers of it\\\'s time bar none. If we can be treated to a yearly One Night Stand for ECW, why cant the same be done for WCW?
    Thanks for listening to this rant,if you agree,disagree or just want to drop a line and tell me I have no idea what Im talking about feel free to do so. Because if one person reads this I have accomplished what I set out to do.
    petedaddydolla@yahoo.com
  • idk

7.1
    wcw monday night nitro was a good show for many years it made the then wwf raw whitch was taped become a live show do to the fact the would tell the results of raw be for it happend so they made raw what it is and they beat raw in the monday night war 53 weeks in a row in ratings but it whent down hill soon as the had odd would champions and wrestlers like karl molane of the nba overall good show tell about the end
  • World Championship Wrestling was the federation that put wrestling on the map as my favourite sport-entertainment show.

Yes, World Championship Wrestling has surely made history, because it had the greatest superstars in that period, and the company was running by Ted Turner & Eric Bischoff; I started watch wrestling in 1999 with WCW, my favourite wrestlers were:
    - Goldberg
    - Kevin Nash
    - Sting
    - Hollywood Hogan
    - Jeff Jarrett

Also in WCW there were many interferences in boring matches like sometimes in TNA (example: Jarrett vs. DDP Destination X), that's why I love TNA and WCW more than WWE, and if I would return to the past I'll rewatch WCW...I missed you!
  • It changed Wrestling TV. It put WCW on the map, and it won the Monday Night war!!

Shane McMahon, the nWo, Sting, Ric Flair, it was da bomby bomb bomb! Back in the day. Time Warner had a good thing going. It made 'em cash! And the Monday Night War? Classic!! The greatest battle in two of the biggest names in proffesional wrestling!! Now if time warner could find the time to buy them back.....

cause heaven knows they got da monnees for it.
  • A wrestling show ruled by politics and ripping off others.

When you think of WCW, you can't help but think of politics and rip-offs. WCW made a name out of it. Created when Eric Bischoff took the reigns of WCW's booking department, Nitro was WCW's flagship show, and its main purpose was to overthrow WWF Raw as the top rated wrestling show on Monday nights, which it did for over a year. In the beginning, Bischoff signed a lot of WWF's talent, as well as talent from independent promotions such as ECW. Bischoff tended to thrive off ripping of ECW. As ECW brought in international stars from Mexico and Japan, so did WCW. When ECW decided to push technical mat wrestling, so did WCW. WCW promoted wrestling with glitz and glamour, using expensive stages and pyrotechnics a lot in their shows. A lot of WCW's booking was run by politics. Bischoff's main tactic to signing big names from WWF was Creative Control, the contracted wrestler would have power to disagree to do things on the show. Men such as Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Sid Viscious, and others would overuse this creative control far too much, which made the shows even worse. Towards the end of the series, booking runs by men such as Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara, and Kevin Nash ruined the program to the point of it losing money and being cancelled by AOL-Time Warner. I give this show a 7 because it still managed to showcase cruiserweights and technical wrestling, while showcasing steroid induced, muscle bounded brawlers with no wrestling skill what so ever.
  • Man WCW the best wrestling show I don't see why they canceld it I mean the best tv show they had the best superstars hulk hogan,sting every body it was the best superstars on their the ratings were great in my piont of thought it was the best gosh wacth

they canceld it I mean the best tv show they had the best superstars hulk hogan,sting every body it was the best superstars on their the ratings were great in my piont of thought it was the best gosh wacth it ok the show is so so so tight ok