Wednesday 9:30 (8:30 Central)

Chinese Baby

Aired Wednesday 9:30 PM Jun 05, 2002 on ABC

7.7
  • What a wonderfully funny, well written show right out of the gate. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the pilot taping and one of the last shows before it was cancelled.

7.8
    The unfortunate part was the edited version didn't even come close to holding up to the live show. A beyond talented cast along with a host of talented guest stars including the late John Ritter and the surprising and wonderful comedy of unknown actress, ChrisAnn Brunsmann as Inga, in the Chinese Baby episode. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and I don't think the audience had either. I don't what happened to her but I hope she shows up again. We need genuine funny women on television that are truly talented actors. Which leads me to Sherri Shepard, who of course has become such an unbelievable comedy force. I've been following her career since the days of Suddenly Susan and remember seeing her at the Laugh Factory in her early days. Ed Begley Jr. was also just the icing on the cake.

There are so many elements in the making of a successful show, I'm not completely sure what happened with this one. This is the perfect example of a stellar cast in a well written show completely gone wrong on some level.

I hope to see every single one of these characters working consistently again as they make television, especially sitcoms, worth watching.