Weeds

A Distinctive Horn

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 27, 2009 on Showtime

• To really summarize - Andy gets a shave, Lupita returns, and Celia is now selling pot

6.3
    Weeds possibly disappointed me in the laughs department, but I appreciate the fact that the story is getting somewhere. And of course, we have some old faces coming back and some new dynamics experimented. I was never a fan of Lupita in the first place. She did give us a few funny moments in the first 2 seasons, and her return can only signify two things. One, she is going to be Celia#2, who will annoy us by blackmailing Nancy, or two, the writers are so out of material that they are looking to do something like the older seasons. And as we can see, the newer bunch is getting out of the spotlight and the older bunch - Nancy, Celia, Doug, Andy, Shane, Silas, and Dean are getting more screen time. As I mentioned- comedy-wise, we didn't see much. Apart from Doug slamming his johnson against the drawer and asking for a Jewish priest for medical advice, nothing was really funny. Celia continues to annoy us with her pyramid marketing storyline. And I am looking for a good weed storyline that might save her in the coming episodes. If that doesn't work, we have some serious killing to do.