Weeds

Felling and Swamping

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 23, 2010 on Showtime

Weeds sixth season premiere was not the most exciting thing in the world, but tonight's episode showed that the program could be getting on the right track. The episode was refreshing, as it was just a family trying to deal with things on the run. They talked about little things like Hooters gift cards and snacks and cash back on debit cards, not that much time was devoted to the ridiculously murderous pasts of these characters.

Andy Botwin was at the forefront, so naturally that is a formula for success as well.

Funny episode, and while still far from the early years of the show, for the first time in awhile I am anxiously awaiting next week's episode.
  • The Death of the Botwins

As we saw our favorite comedy family scitter off the grid after Shane's incident we saw them try to shed their old identities and pick up new ones. Most of the episode focused and getting new identities and moving forward to their next destination as they failed to get into Canada they must still remain in the states for now due to their lack of Stevie Ray's birth certificate. Weeds is getting back to its old steps as we saw two fairly pressing moments, one regarding Silas wanting out of this fiasco, and one where Nancy reasserts her status as Shane's mother and how he shouldn't be a killer at his age. And the focus of the episode was where it should be, on the Botwins, not on Esteban who was only scene for less than a minute which is how it should be. From the looks of it this might prove to be a formula that may work out for Weeds after a lackluster Season 5 leaving everything behind could be the best thing that ever happened to the Newmans.