Weeds

Five Miles From Yetzer Hara

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 19, 2012 on Showtime

• Fives Mile From Yetzer Hara

Another brilliant episode of Weeds this week. Nancy, being offered a promotion after signing Dr. Cornish last week is offered 1,000 sample ADHD meds. When she gets to an office a corrupt secretary offers her that she would account for them and offload them wholesale to Nancy and sell them through her son who is at college. Nancy resists the temptation since she's trying to go straight. Doug struggles to get a homeless woman to come to his shelter in Old Sandwich and eventually ends up getting stabbed by her and then he drugs her with a hamburger and kidnaps her to his shelter where the state inspector watches him reading her a bedtime story. Shane starts out hating his job but then get jubilant when he gets a kickback because they're offloading criminals' cars to an outside fence and doctoring the paperwork to make the cars "disappear." WIth his cut he changes hit attitude about his job. Silas starts out loving his job but when he gets into a competition with another employee over getting chimp test subjects more stoned and he wins his specialty plant is turned into Meritor and he gets depressed. Meanwhile, Andy and Jill have a falling out over her not being pregnant. Jill tries to pin it on Nancy seeing as she was getting Andy to be helpful and responsible in "we're having a baby mode." But since she's going through menopause instead she explains that they can have as much sex as they want and they do but it's not the same as it was before the pregnancy bomb. That's the problem with the TV pregnancy card you either get a kid or it's a total psyche-fest of manipulation when it comes in comedy like this. But is was handled better than a lot of other shows have managed it. Hopefully they find their happiness. Nancy approaches the rabbi about being tempted and he explains the biblical implications about it and they share an intimate moment. Nancy gives in to her old ways and fakes her company car being broken into and all of her medical samples being stolen and she gets twice as many and then sells the pills at a college party with Jill. I really liked the last song that played at the end of the episode it was upbeat and celebrated the business side getting put back together again.
  • great episode

I agree with the previous reviewer - I love the way this show is starting to go now. I've always been a fan but have felt lost many seasons amongst the continuous "and now this happens to Nancy..." formula.

Seeing Nancy & Jill's personalities in this episode was a great add by the show. Maybe the spotlight will shift into a role reversal where the alternative characters who once tried to steer Nancy clear of danger are now the ones that she's looking after... while going down a relatively 'better' path.
  • Five Miles From Yetzer Hara

Five Miles From Yetzer Hara was another perfect episode of Weeds. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of significant character and plot development. The story telling was amazing and it was interesting to watch events unfold. It was great to see Nancy and her sister Jill bond more and to see Silas excel at his job while Shane seemed more hesitant in his occupation. I liked how every thing played out. It was funny to see what happened to Doug. I liked the ending and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!