Weeds

Game-Played

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2011 on Showtime

• Off the Hook

Nancy gets out of her positive drug test last weeks with having to do an anti drug course. Silas gets hired to do a gig in an inflatable ball for $2000 while Doug goes to Wall Street and gets offered a job as an accountant since the old one left the previous week. Shane begins to apply to college and learns to apply for student loans at many different banks since the only way he can get in is to get an international education to get in. Andy buys a loft that's a fixer upper for a decent deal and Nancy trades her explosives for product and Andy saves Silas's life during the show and gets the attention of the artist.
  • Game Played

I liked tonight's episode. I really did. The Doug scenes were great and I actually thought they were bringing him to embarrass him so I was thrown a bit when the job offer was sincere.

While I liked the episode I think the show needs to introduce the arc for the season already. Is it just going to be a nostalgic year with Weeds just going back to Nancy dealing or is there actually going to be some incident or problem that the Botwin gang faces?

The show needs to find that conflict I think because while I laughed at this episode, it wasn't so funny that they continue to be like this with no real story going on.
  • Nancy passes her test and gets some weed

7.3
    It's three episodes into the new season, which means we're over-due for the annual "Nancy hooks up with another person she barely knows" plot. there's a lot of relationship-type stuff here, whether it's the relationship between a mother and her sons, a mother and her arms dealer or a mother and her halfway house leader.

Nancy is being forced to get a job so she can begin saving money and see her son Stevie (why she cares about him boggles my mind... she doesn't seem to care much about her kids).

Unfortunately, Nancy sees selling weed as a better financial decision instead of getting a legit job. So while she prepares to peddle weed again, Andy and Shane find a new apartment. Silas begins a new gig as a model, albeit a very strange and messed up gig. Doug, on the other hand, prepares to enter the work force again as an accountant.

To be honest, this is probably the closest we'll ever get to Seasons 1-3 era Weeds. I look forward to seeing Doug try to acclimate to normal life again and Shane heading to college (even if the circumstances that allow him to apply to college are insane and unbelievable). Even Silas is intriguing to me, if only because the hatred he's finally displaying towards his mother is the exact reaction I've wanted him to display. It should be good to watch Nancy and Silas fight over her new found weed business.

As for Nancy and Andy, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I find myself caring less and less for Nancy's shenanigans, and while I still like Andy a lot (I thought it was heart-breaking when Nancy leaves the apartment and Andy mutters, "I'm glad you're out of prison."), I want him to have more to do. He still likes Nancy but she's dangerous to be around, so hopefully we get some good writing in the near future that will bring everything together.

Martin Short guest stars next week for a few episodes so it should be fun to see how he fits in with everything.
  • Game-Played

Game-Played was fun and very entertaining episode of Weeds. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of humor, drama, intrigue, and surprise. I really like seeing the family trying to make it in New York City. I think that there was a whole lot of classic elements to this episode. I enjoyed watching Nancy manipulate her way through certain situations as usual. Silas picked up an unexpected modeling gig that Andy had to save him from. Jill is trying to adopt Stevie which causes Nancy to stress out. I thought the scene with her and her prison lovers brother was kinda hot. I can't wait to see where some of these different story lines go. I really look forward to watching the next episode of Weeds!!!!!