Weeds

Higher Education

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 19, 2005 on Showtime

• Put simply, Weeds is an excellent show. This episode doesn't break that in the slightest, but one does get the sense that it does change things a little bit...

For most of the part, this episode of Weeds is stock-standard: the writing is good, the acting is good, the humour is good. Plot is revealed, we learn a bit more about the characters and we're introduced to yet another issue faced by those in the drug dealing business (namely the ideas of expansion and competition).

What strikes me about this episode, however, is how sexual Weeds is becoming. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad or wrong or immoral or anything like that - it's hard to take a show about dealing drugs much lower morally, after all, but it's... becoming more and more about sex.

Weeds has always been rather racy, throwing around references to sex, masturbation and so forth, but I'd say this episode takes the cake with a rather graphic and full-on sex scene that features quite a bit of nudity.

As I've said so many times before, Weeds is not for everyone. If for some reason you have issues with sexual content but not with drug-related stuff, this may very well be the final episode for you.

Still, it was good... not so sure if they should continue with this sexual stuff, though, as it may end up destroying the perfect sense of focus this show has.