Weeds

No Man is Pudding

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 14, 2008 on Showtime

• After the first three disappointing episodes of the season, this episode is a breath of fresh air to the series.

The 4th season of Weeds finally gets off to a great start. I can now understand Showtime's decision to deviate away from the suburban-housewife-dealing-cheap-pot model and turn the series around. One of the best cliffhangers in the series in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how Nancy's "maternity" business turns out. One of the things I would like to see more of, however, is character development. So far the season has revolved ALL around Nancy. Her two sons stay home and fight "bees" in this episode for crying out loud. Andy's little adventure with the coyote was interesting. Celia and Doug seem reluctantly wedged in to the new show, not really fitting in. Oh, and what happened to Agrestic? Did it suddenly get wiped off the map? I guess anytime you change the setting of a show it's hard for the viewers to adapt and it takes a while to adjust. I'm banking on that fact and I have faith that Showtime does something creative and entertaining in this new setting.