Weeds

The Whole Blah Damn Thing

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 30, 2008 on Showtime

• Nancy "kills" a relative.

6.6
    Weeds has officially hit a "rough patch" to say the least. This episode was neither funny, nor entertaining and just seemed like generic filler. When you're on HBO or Showtime, shows have shortened seasons so filler episodes are inexcusable.

As usual Mary Louise Parker's comedic timing was perfect and the majority of her lines were funny. Justin Kirk was great as well, but the rest of the cast is just hard to get behind. Celia's supposed to be the "bad guy" but her acting just isn't up to par with some of the great villains on shows such as Dexter or Lost. The kids are boring, and the three minutes of air-time an episode they get is still way too much. The father needs a good punch in the stomach too.

Weeds has the potential to be great, and that's why I'm so stunned that Season 4 of the show hasn't been.
  • GNDN

The show is currently going nowhere and doing nothing. The whole Kevorkian thing with the grandmother is an odd turn of events that isn't really working for me. Nancy smuggling drugs and criminals across the border is proving interesting, but the rest of kind of boring. Albert Brooks is playing the irritating father-in-law well though.
    "I need to go kill my dead husband's grandmother now" was the best line in the show though. Also, I enjoyed the return of the foot fetish video. There needs to be more Kevin Nealon in every episode. He was probably the funniest thing about the first three seasons when the show was set in Agrestic.