Weird Science

USA (ended 1998)

mrdivot

Weird Science Fan Reviews (6)

• Want to see more and the movie finally

Random ep (09)
  • She's alive... ALIVE!!

This truly was an awesome show. Based off a movie from the mid 80s, Weird Science is about 2 best friends who create an extremely attractive woman through their computer. She comes alive to grant their every wish, usually with hilarious results.

This show was in many ways very much like: Sabrina The Teenage Witch & Bewitched, in that there is a female lead character who has magical powers.

This show also brings back some cool memories from my childhood (even if I never did get to see all the episodes, because they never got around to airing them all, where I live) .

Was very happy to find the first season on DVD (nice to see it again).
  • I still can't believe this was a series!

I can't believe a movie like "Wierd Science" actually became a series, but, yup, there it is. It was actually pretty fair, but it wasn't excellant. There were things that were better or worse in either version. For one, Vanessa was far more attractive and more fun than Kelly LeBrock, and Michael Manasseri and John Mallory Asher were more likable than their movie counterparts. Lee Tergesen, however, didn't approach Bill Paxton in ferocity, but was still passable. However, where the series didn't work was in its carttoonish and campy plots and set ups. Some of the episodes worked very well, while others just didn't hold my interest. The series sort of fizzled out for me just before the last season, but then by that point, it was sort of obvious that the series had run out of ideas and was no longer as irreverent as it once was.
  • A funny old comedy show.

This is truly a great old comedy show. I enjoy watching it over and over and over again. I can watch the same episode 2 or 3 times in a row just so I can catch things that I might have missed. I think I have all of the episodes recorded and I watch them whenever there is nothing good on TV. It is always entertaining to me. I will also have my friends and family watch the episodes with me and try and get them hooked. So far everyone has because it is that good of a show. Look for it on the air or come over to my house and watch my DVD's.
  • I'm not a fan of movies made in TV shows. . .

But, this one wasn't too bad. That fact that it took 9 years after the movie for this show to be made was amazing.

This was the time that USA was still a up and coming network and the original show they aired weren't the best out there, but this one was better than I thought.

At least they took a little 'poetic license' and expanding on the movie to make the show interesting.

If it wasn't for "Weird Science" on TV, I think USA wouldn't have a modern hit on their hands like "The Dead Zone"

Way to go USA!
  • This show was completely great. it was about two guys who by accident make a gene that is a total hottie played by vanessa angel

This show was completely great. it was about two guys who by accident make a gene that is a total hottie played by vanessa angel. The show followed their adventures while Wyatt and Gary make wishes and somehow they go wrong. This show was great, i watched it when i was a kid. It was great, funny, and Lisa (the gene) was always good to stare at. wish i had a gene that looked like her