Welcome Back, Kotter

Come Back, Little Arnold

Aired Unknown Feb 24, 1979 on ABC

• WOW!!

Powerful episode if I ever saw one!! You get drunk and then find out later on that you hurt the very one you love most-That'll give you a reality check PDQ!! Thank God Arnold got his before it was too late.
  • Give it a chance - but not too much of one

7.4
    Many consider this about the worst episode - they wonder why Horshack would turn to drinking. It is very un-Horshacklike, but let's look at this. HHorshack had for years been witht he same crowd. He is very impressionable and the kind would trusts too much. Hence, it's easy to see how Carvelli could infuence him if they're not careful. Hence, I think if it showed a little more how someone dropped the ball in letting Carvelli get to Arnold, it might have been better. It is true that it's very addictive, but I do't know if it's *that* addictive. It does show what happens when there's no male role model in a kid's life;a nd with 5 dad's/stepdads it had to be rough. So, I'd say this episode deserves a chance - but not a hugte one. Just enough to make you say, "Yeah, I guess it's not totally alternate universe."
WZME