Welcome Back, Kotter Forums

ABC (ended 1979)

Welcome Back, Ice Cube?

lilaholland

[1]Mar 15, 2006
    • level: 30
    Ice Cube may be a semi-respectable actor these days, but I'm definitely wary of all these big-screen remakes of my favorite '70s shows! I can't say I'm convinced this is a good idea. Anyone?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FoxZerro

[2]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    Um probably the worst idea ever to have a black guy play mr. kotter. It'll just seem like they are trying to remake To Sir, With Love. I love Welcome Back, Kotter but a black Kotter changes the entire show. Yeah in the words of Pat Bosworth "There is no God"

CVPWaveMaster

[3]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 16
    Well I wouldn't go so far as to quote Pat, but yeah... it is a pretty lousy idea to have a remake of a 70's tv show. Seeing as the remake of the Honeymooners bombed and can now be purchased at Best Buy for $9.99. Can they not come up with original story lines? At least the Bewitched movie, which was ok not the greatest thing but passable, didn't try to remake the series classic but only paid homage to the show. But seriously I think Freddy "Boom, Boom" Washington should've been the only black guy, seeing as he was the original token black guy, and a damn funny one to boot. Plus if you have characters like Arnold Horshack and Puerto rican-Jew, Epstein, now come on, it doesn't get any better than that. Plus Mr. Kotter was a great character and cannot be replaced. Let alone with Ice Cube.

fredbalsdon

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    No wayyy there making a remake of this wonderful show *rolls eyes*

ColtsPenguins

[5]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 23
    Why do they got a black guy playing the part of a white guy whats next will they get a homosexual jew to play vinnie

TheUrkel

[7]May 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think the idea is bangin' Welcome  back Kotter was one of the greatest sitcoms of the 70 's setting the stage for many actors and shows I loved how it had to be cut short because the people on it were so hot they had other work flyin at them definetely a good remake!

BARBARINOISHOT

[8]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    I cant believe they are going to make a movie out of this. I will see it but i bet it will suck. There will be no John Travolta, no Gabee kaplan, no ron pallilo no anyone. They should just make a Buchannon High 20 year reuion instead. That would be good. Except with the origenal cast and no Beau.