Welcome Back, Kotter

ABC (ended 1979)

fireballil

Welcome Back, Kotter Fan Reviews (26)

• Up your nose with a rubber hose!

Welcome Back, Kotter is, simply put, one of the best sitcoms I have ever had the pleasure of watching! Until it came on Nick At Night around 10 years ago, I had never heard of it, but I was hooked from the moment that first show started. Who among us who have seen this fantastic series could forget the antics of Barbarino, Horshack, Epstein, and "Boom Boom" Washington? As the summary says, also, the show has tons of catchphrases, though the summary left out perhaps the most memorable one of all: Barbarino's ever classic "Up your nose with a rubber hose!" That, and his proclamation of "I'm Vinny Barbarino!" whenever he wanted to make it appear that he was immune to something happening. Oh, and who can forget Horshack's confusion as he asked, "Hey, can she do that?" when a girl who claimed she was pregnant by one of the Sweathogs changed her mind when none would admit to the deed. Even as I type this review, I find myself laughing, thinking of all the hillarious moments I have witnessed in the series, so just imagine the reaction that actually watching an episode invokes! As so many have said before, I find it hard to think of a reason for this series to not have a box set yet. Not to knock Pee-Wee's Playhouse, but if every episode of it is now available on DVD, why not Welcome Back, Kotter? To those of you who were born after 1979 and who didn't get to see it on Nick At Night, my condolences, and I hope the DVD set comes soon so you won't have to wait long to watch it. Trust me - it would be well worth it to buy the whole series.