Welcome To Paradox

Syfy (ended 1998)

Welcome To Paradox Fan Reviews (1)

6.8
  • This was a very good science-fiction anthology show; it was like one of my annual collections of short stories had come to be realized on the small screen. So, I was digging it…but I was the only one watching.

7.9
    This was a very good science-fiction anthology show; it was like one of my annual collections of short stories had come to be realized on the small screen. So, I was digging it…until the cord was cut. 'Welcome to Paradox' was similar to other anthology series like 'Twilight Zone', 'Night Gallery', or 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' in that each episode was introduced and concluded by a single host. Each of the stories had a common setting: the incredibly technologically advanced town of Betaville, where intriguing and exciting concepts that we dream about now, such as virtual reality, and a Utopian society are an everyday thing. But the thing about humans seems to be that when we have achieved our dreams, we still are in danger of what makes us most human. The stories in 'Welcome to Paradox' explore life after the dreams come true.

Dark and twisty, profound and thought provoking, I looked forward for each week's tale of life in the perfect future. I was sorry to see this show leave the air, and hope that something similar will be reintroduced soon.