Welcome to the Captain

CBS (ended 2008)

Welcome to the Captain Fan Reviews (11)

• A familar show that deserves a second chance.

The premise of this show opens itself to many comedic possibilites: a bunch of washed up actors and Hollywood-folk all living under one Apartment building roof. Unfortunatly, due to Mr. Neilsen's ratings, this show will not be able to tell all of its stories. But don't let that deter you from giving this show a try: it has a large amount of very funny moments. For example, in the Pilot episode, Josh [the lead character] is fooled into giving a speech at a party which he believes was for him, but was actually for the cleaning lady: very funny stuff!

This show has a wide gap between great characters and "people you just want to punch" characters. For example Josh, Hope and Saul are all great, they present great comedic moments and walk together brilliantly. On the other hand, we have Jesus (pronounced the English way), Charlene and Chris Klein's character. The joke about Jesus actually pronouncing his name the English way (with the J sounding like a J and not a H) wore thin after about 5 minutes; Raquel Welch is in her 60s and she's been cast a sexually charged "old momma!"; Chris Klein plays Josh's larger than life manager who, as you might expect, likes the ladies - haven't we all seen this character before?

If some of the characters let down, however, the stories do not. Each episode presents a very funny tale beautifully presented. This show fits perfectly into CBS' Monday night comedy line up and unfortunatly, they will cancel it. It will really pain me to see this gem disappear from our screens having only broadcasted 6 episodes. In fact, it is noteworthy to mention that if it weren't for the 07-08 writer's strike, the show would have been pulled after episode 3 dipped to only 5 million viewers!

I seriously don't want to say goodbye to this show, but I think I will have to. Make sure you check it out, while you still can...