A New Nick Show?

CaptainPancakez

[1]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 8

What are your opinions on it? I personally think it's quite bad, but it's not as bad as that other show Marvin Marvin, which is quite possible the worst show ever.

How does it compare to other shows like iCarly, Drake & Josh, or Victorious?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpongePuppy678

[2]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 11

Okay, first of all, Marvin Marvin is APALLING. IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE RATINGS FOR A SHOW, I'd GIVE IT A LOWER RATING THAN FANBOY AND ******* CHUM CHUM!!!!

But, in all honesty, this show is Superb. Better than Victorious and iCarly, but doesn't even light a candle to Drake and Josh.

The only thing I hate about Wendell and Vinnie is that Wendell is absolutely TORTURED.

cookiesandmilk

[3]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 5

I personally liked it, as you can see from my review. I watched the latest episode yesterday, and I heard a joke that I found quite entertaining. Vinnie's sister was bitching about how she can't get a boyfriend as usual, and so he replies, "You're the saddest episode of Sex and the City..." What makes this show stand out from other Nick shows, is that it doesn't let "appropriate language" get in the way of allowing funny jokes. I'm guessing this is because it's on Nick at Nite, which is when kids and teens who are old enough to be able to take jokes like the ones they use on the show watch Nick. There's an episode of Victorious (don't get me wrong, it's an okay show compared to most of Nick's current garbage) where Jade bitches about something Tori did, and guess how Tori replied? She replied with "Tough tooties." Okay, pretty much anyone would know that it's "tough titties," and if there IS such a phrase as "tough tooties," you'll have to admit it's not as funny a reply. At least Wendell and Vinnie doesn't put as tight restrictions on their comedy. I actually heard an STD joke in the pilot, where Vinnie's sister tells her date, "I'm like a cracker jack box. Eventually, there's a prize inside." And her date replies, "Unless the prize comes with penicillin, I don't want it." Obviously, younger kids won't get that, and to be honest, I didn't at first either. I had to listen to it a few times before I understood what they meant. Anyway, I just think this show is a breath of fresh air from the cesspool of shows that's on daytime Nick. But hey, if everyone else thinks it sucks, whatever. I'll just keep blissfully watching it to get a good laugh on my own.

Edited on 02/25/2013 12:58pm

Thunder

[4]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 3

I haven't really watched it, but judging from the previews it might actually be a decent show due to how Jerry handles those roles usually well. My question is why do they keep shifting it from Nick @ Nite to regular Nickelodeon? I think Nick should start paying a little more attention to Nick @ Nite with making 2 or 3 originals (including this one) that are at least, AT LEAST decent. since it hogs up most of the airtime on Nickelodeon, seriously, The Nanny and Full House reruns get extremely old fast.

Edited on 03/04/2013 5:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pokemonmonmon

[5]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 5

i like the show but im not sure if it has staying power. but hey its only the first season lets see how it plays out

pashotshot

[6]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 15
    I've seen that show, and so far, it is an awesome program. I never heard Jerry Trainor act before, so I wasn't sure how I would like him in particular, but I have warmed up to him and I enjoy having him on the show. Plus, one of my favorite actors, Buddy Handleson, is in the program, and he is a gifted comedian! The other two actresses are great, too! I hope this show lasts a long, long time!

pashotshot

[7]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 15
    CaptainPancakez wrote:

What are your opinions on it? I personally think it's quite bad, but it's not as bad as that other show Marvin Marvin, which is quite possible the worst show ever.

How does it compare to other shows like iCarly, Drake & Josh, or Victorious?

I can never really get Marvin Marvin. He's just another ET.