Werewolf Forums

FOX (ended 1988)

What a terrible series finale!!!!

vyperman7

[1]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    Werewolf is one of my favorite shows. It is definately the best in the werewolf genre hands down. The momentum was great built up by the storyline withScorzeny in the first 75% of the season, and then the transition into the storyline with master werewolf Nicholas Remy carried over well. The second to last episode of the series ends with Remy beginning to change after he says that he is going to keep his eye out for Eric. This leads you to believe that there will be a final showdown in the series finale. If Eric kills Remy he becomes human again.

But what killed the show was the terrible series finale they aired "Amazing Grace". It focuses on Eric breaking a homeless woman out of a mental hospital because she saw Eric change and no one believes her. This had absolutely nothing to do with the main storyline and really left the series hanging. It really deserved a proper ending and all it got was a lame stand alone episode.

I love the series as a whole. But to this day, everytime I watch my VHS tapes of Werewolf, I still get pissed off at how the show ended.
    Edited on 01/20/2008 4:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marvelfan89

[2]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 39
    That's probably because it wasn't a series finale. Fox cancelled quite a bit of their 80s shows without giving them a chance to write a final episode. I'am guessing the creators and writers either got the news before or after this episode aired.
    Edited on 02/08/2008 6:08pm

vyperman7

[3]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well even if it wasn't intended to be the finale, it still ended up being the series finale because it aired as the last episode. The second to last episode provided really nice build up. All I am saying is that it would have been cool if the show could have gone out continuing the storyline with Remy and Eric.

marvelfan89

[4]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 39

vyperman7 wrote:
    Well even if it wasn't intended to be the finale, it still ended up being the series finale because it aired as the last episode. The second to last episode provided really nice build up. All I am saying is that it would have been cool if the show could have gone out continuing the storyline with Remy and Eric.

Who says it was the series finale did FOX say it? No I don't believe they did. It might have been the last episode aired but the fans themselves don't have to adopt it as the series finale obviously. Look at the TV show Blind Justice, the last episode was horrible and it really didn't answer any questions for the main character. Even though this was the last aired episode obviously most fans wouldn't consider such an episode to be the final closure to the show. Same thing for Stroker and Hoop, the last episode was meant to be a cliffhanger in case the show was renewed.One might say it was a series finale others might not. It's just an opinion.

It's too bad there is no official DVD and stuff as I would like hear more about the making of the show and any anticipated episode has the series continued.

Crazywho

[5]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I agree, it may have been cancelled but they still should have had a different kind of ep. after the second to last one. I have them on dvd's so i've seen them all.