What About Brian Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

I want Marjorie!

sushi432

[1]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think half the reason why that show was so appealing to me was because of Marjorie. I just started watching and she was the only actor/actress that I was familiar with. I'm willing to give new stars a chance, it's just I watch way too much TV as it is, so I prefer familiar. What About Marjorie! She was also the only hot girl in the show. Sure, Deena is pretty but Marjorie is HOT! Isn't that one of the reasons this show has had such a high track record with the male demographic as the majority of the viewers? I WANT MARJORIE! I like her chaotic indecisive character. It was fun to watch her emotions arrupt and smack us in the face. So... I don't know a lot about this show, which means I need a hardcore fan to tell me if she will come back before the season ends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dreame123

[2]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    I want marjorie back too!!!  I'm a girl though...but her love triangles were the reason I got into this show in the first place...I remember the episode where Adam looks inside the window to see Margorie and Brian fighting..OMG!  That episode was sooo good.  I miss those episodes...I just saw a movie with Sara Lancaster (Marjorie) in it and she is so great, again she's the reason I watched that movie as well.  There is just something appealing about her, she's very likable.  I think Tiffani Theissen is very likable too, so I'm happy she's joining the cast.  I watched her religiously on 90210, she was my favorite character.  I even cried when she left the show..haha.  I thought Stacy Keibler was terrible and very boring.  and that other girl?!!! who the hell was that?  god she was the worst..none of them compare to Marjiorie or Tiffani.  If they didnt replace marjorie with someone good, I might have not watched the show anymore. 

edbart2

[3]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    I agree, I love Sarah Lancaster and Tiffani Thiessen! How awesome would it be if Majorie returned and then Adam, Brian, Marjorie, and Natasha (I think that is Tiffani's character) all had a little love squabble!

Squizz44

[5]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 13
    I think Marjorie's gone for good, folks. As I mentioned in the "Ratings News" thread, the show debuted a new version of the opening credits this week, and Sarah Lancaster is no longer in it...

I agree though...the best part of the show was the Brian/Marjorie/Adam love triangle, and they basically dropped it like a bad habit this season. Without it as a central ongoing storyline, the show really misses something. Well, two somethings, because without it, the show also misses a lot of viewers...

lit1586

[6]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 11
    I hate Marjorie after what she pulled.  The writers totally ruined her character

night_hawk7

[7]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 10
    lit1586 wrote:
    I hate Marjorie after what she pulled. The writers totally ruined her character

I agree. They completely just made me hate her. I hope she doesn't return.

geologist23

[8]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    Marjorie was my favorite character and I was really hoping to see her get back with Adam. I tried watching a few episodes without her after she left the first time and I just couldn't get in to the show. I haven't watched since she left after the lake house incident because I was so irritated with what the writers did to her character. I think WAB is a great show with a great cast, but the dynamic just isn't the same without Marjorie. 

ez1jb

[9]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    Marjorie's character is almost completely irredeemable, but those are the types of characters I like to watch. I admit she's pretty, but Brian's new GF Bridget is pretty as well as Tiffani Amber Thiessen. If they decide to bring her back, they will need to write her a really good s/l, because she's almost completely unwatchable as a character (without hating her the whole time).
    Edited on 02/22/2007 4:48pm

night_hawk7

[10]Feb 24, 2007
    night_hawk7 wrote:
    lit1586 wrote:

I also agree. They just assassinated her character. But the way the show is going right now, I'd take some home-wrecking buffoon over the current lame Manny and Girls Downstairs story lines ANY DAY.

check_two

[11]Feb 25, 2007
    Concerning good looking female characters that have appeared on the show, I'd have to diagree with Marjorie being the only hot one. In my opinion, there have been a bunch of hotter females such as Bridget, Sandwich girl, Natasha, and Stacy Keibler.

Also, I don't get why so many people are hung up on the Marjorie character? I mean, I can understand that was a big plot line involving Brian/Marjorie/Adam. But the storyline had run it's course. How much longer did you want it to drag on for? Adam made the right decision, by not doing something stupid, and getting back with Marjorie. It wouldn't make much sense for Marjorie to be on the show as a main character right now.

Squizz44

[12]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 13
    I actually think Jessica Szohr (Laura) is the cutest girl on the show right now. But I go for "cute" over "hot" so I'm probably in the minority.

I think people are hung up on Marjorie because the character (and all associated storylines) just got ruined this season. In Season 1, Marjorie was at the center of the love triangle that was the show's major selling point. In Season 2, they totally changed course, abruptly ending the triangle by writing Marjorie out, only to bring her back much later (way too late) as a different person. They ruined her character and every story she was involved in. Whether or not the story ran its course isn't all that important; people are upset about the fact that the writers put her on a totally different course from the one on which she was originally running. They took a character with so much potential and quickly ran it into the ground. That's what's upsetting.

night_hawk7

[13]Mar 2, 2007
    I completely agree.

The abrupt changes in the format was what ruined this once good show. I don't even know how they can do justice to the character of Marjorie anymore. It seems the damage is done.
    Edited on 03/02/2007 7:30pm

lhotkami

[14]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think Marjorie will come back as a major role in this show.  There are two options the show is already leaning towards.  Brian might break up with Bridget and date Marjorie again, we all know he still has feelings for her.  Adam is also single right now and we know that he still loves Marjorie.  So I think one of them will eventually hook up with Margorie again.

melanielore

[15]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    night_hawk7 wrote:
    lit1586 wrote:

I think that was intentional by the writers-however it seems like she still has a loyal following! But I am not one of them.

check_two

[16]Mar 6, 2007
    I still don't think Marjorie's character was ruined. I don't really care much if she comes back or not. I'd rather see a more realistic type of drama/soap opera type show(such as WAB), then the ridiculous stuff that is on the daytime soap operas. I'm glad they ended that love triangle with Brian, Marjorie, and Adam. There are more interesting characters anyway, such as Dave.

KamakaLo

[17]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 22
    I like Sarah L. but they did ruin Marjorie. I could care less now if she's on the show or not.

she leaves with feelings for Brian to returning wanting Adam.. its better without her now imo.

alibeth25

[18]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 26

KamakaLo wrote:
    I like Sarah L. but they did ruin Marjorie. I could care less now if she's on the show or not. she leaves with feelings for Brian to returning wanting Adam.. its better without her now imo.

I liked her on the show. But, now I couldn't care if she was on it or not.

Edited on 03/11/2007 10:06am

Galaph891

[19]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 3

I kinda agree about the whole love triangle. It was fun while it lasted but now time to move on.

On the topic of hot women...cast your mind back to Marguerite Moreau......now she was hot. I thought they could have done more with her instead of just being a bunny boiler.

ez1jb

[20]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 14
    Galaph891 wrote:

I kinda agree about the whole love triangle. It was fun while it lasted but now time to move on.

I agree.

On the topic of hot women...cast your mind back to Marguerite Moreau......now she was hot. I thought they could have done more with her instead of just being a bunny boiler.

A bunny boiler? :s