What About Brian Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Let's Sign the 3rd Season Petition!!

fernandodc88

[1]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 1
    Here it is, please take a minute to sign it, and tell everyone you know to give you a hand and sign it, let's save this series people!!, we can do it!

www.petitiononline.com/fashh254/petition.html

**IMPORTANT**

For everyone who wish to do a little bit more, i've found a poll at eonline to "save a show", all you have to do is select WAB from the list and vote, this has proved to be very effective during the last years as the shows which won this poll were renewed for another season, it might have been a coincidence, but at least is a little more we can do to help, thanks to everyone who signed the petition, and please keep passing these two links to everyone you know, here's the link:

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Thanks again.
    Edited on 03/26/2007 4:13pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ez1jb

[2]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 14
    Thanks , I just signed it!

_Phyxsius_

[4]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    I've just signed it!

TVKnight

[5]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    Only 133 Signatures so far! We need a lot more than that!

Jennifer8080

[6]Mar 6, 2007
    I have signed!

jeffamcnasty

[7]Mar 7, 2007
    I've just signed.  

HilljaFuFu

[8]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 22
    Guys...sure it couldn't hurt...but this petition isn't going to do anything. Get a million signatures on there and you might have something...anything less then that though will be the equivalent to one signature in their minds...seriously even if you do get the signatures do you know what to do with it?

ez1jb

[9]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 14
    Thanks for weighing in, Mr. Negativity! What do you suggest ppl do in order to put up a galant 'fight' for this show?

alibeth25

[10]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 26
    I just signed it. I'm number 246.

HilljaFuFu

[11]Mar 11, 2007

ez1jb wrote:
    Thanks for weighing in, Mr. Negativity! What do you suggest ppl do in order to put up a galant 'fight' for this show?

There's no possible fight, it's a great show but ratings keep getting worse and worse. Petitions are made from that site all the time and they never work. The show isn't even cancelled yet anyway sherlock so at the moment there's nothing to save. Can we just drop this whole "let's ban together and save What About Brian" cornball wanna be sentimental crap already? This isn't a movie and it isn't going to work. I was fine with one petition but this is getting old...there tons of stuff to talk about, lets focus on that and enjoy the shows last few episodes.

Sincerely,

Mr. Negativity

fernandodc88

[12]Mar 11, 2007
    HilljaFuFu wrote:

ez1jb wrote:

There's no possible fight, it's a great show but ratings keep getting worse and worse. Petitions are made from that site all the time and they never work. The show isn't even cancelled yet anyway sherlock so at the moment there's nothing to save. Can we just drop this whole "let's ban together and save What About Brian" cornball wanna be sentimental crap already? This isn't a movie and it isn't going to work. I was fine with one petition but this is getting old...there tons of stuff to talk about, lets focus on that and enjoy the shows last few episodes.

Sincerely,

Mr. Negativity

Well, at least it's something, i know for sure that this doesn't guarantee anything, but at least we are doing what we can, from where we can.
    By the way, i DO know who i have to send this petition to in ABC, so if you don't want to sign that's fine, but don't ruin people's hopes by saying it won't work, even if you think that way, you might make some people decide not to sign just beacuse they read your negative comment.

HilljaFuFu

[13]Mar 11, 2007

fernandodc88 wrote:
    By the way, i DO know who i have to send this petition to in ABC, so if you don't want to sign that's fine, but don't ruin people's hopes by saying it won't work, even if you think that way, you might make some people decide not to sign just beacuse they read your negative comment.

lol heaven forbid someone decides not to sign

...but seriously there's nothing to save at the moment so now isn't exactly the time to be creating a petition and cramming the board with nothing but petition discussion. To me it's just a real six year old thing to do considering it didn't work with Arrested Development or Freaks and Geeks who both had a MUCH bigger cult fan base...

Squizz44

[14]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 13
    I understand and appreciate the desire to save the show, but FuFu's right. A survey with a few hundred (even thousand) names isn't going to mean squat to ABC. They'll look at it, say "that's nice" and promptly deposit it in the proverbial circular file. Even "Star Trek" fans couldn't make a petition work a few years ago, and they're one of the biggest and most passionate "cult" fan bases in TV history. Whether we like it or not, television is a business, and money talks. In the end, the show's fate will be decided by its financial success - or lack thereof. A petition won't even be a blip on the radar when the network suits are figuring out which shows return and which ones ride off into the sunset. It's not about being negative; it's about being realistic.

KamakaLo

[15]Mar 12, 2007
    you the show is going to get canceled?

o well. its on a bad night so that didn't help.

Galaph891

[16]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 3

What ever way this goes ( John Doe still burns in my mind ) I am number 270...

It's a bit of fun whether it saves it or not we atleast get to have our say.. After all isn't that what freedom of speech is all about.

Even the Mr Negativities of this world are entitled to their opinion even if we don;t agree with them.

Thank you

Mr Neutrality / Positivity 

fernandodc88

[17]Mar 14, 2007
    Galaph891 wrote:

It's a bit of fun whether it saves it or not we atleast get to have our say.. After all isn't that what freedom of speech is all about.

Even the Mr Negativities of this world are entitled to their opinion even if we don;t agree with them.

Thank you

hahaha, that's what i'm talking about!

HilljaFuFu

[18]Mar 15, 2007
    fernandodc88 wrote:
    Galaph891 wrote:

It's a bit of fun whether it saves it or not we atleast get to have our say.. After all isn't that what freedom of speech is all about.

Even the Mr Negativities of this world are entitled to their opinion even if we don;t agree with them.

Thank you

hahaha, that's what i'm talking about!

...I'm sorry...but no

Squizz44

[19]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 13
    Well, actually FuFu, they have a point...

The First Amendment reads as follows:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances; or to petition television networks to save a low-rated show from its deserved cancellation. Of all of these freedoms, the latter is most important. In fact, the forefathers are solely creating this amendment in an effort to get "Larry King Live" a 37th season in 1792. We're just throwing in all that religion and speech stuff to make it sound more legit.

tOnTois

[20]Mar 21, 2007
    Just tell me where to sign and i'll sign =) love this series. Would be a waste to remove it from the TV. (the best series that has shown it's face on TV for a long time)!!!!