What About Brian Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Poll: "Calling all friends"

Did the episode "What About Calling all friends' make a good SERIES finale?

cavanagh15

[1]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 35
    I saw No. Ive seen two other people say Yes. Just wondering what everyone else out there thinks. All 10 of us who come to this forum...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jennifer8080

[2]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 1

Nooooo, IF this was the end they did not leave me feeling satisfied.  I need to see what happens with Nic and adam/Natasha...Brian and Laura..and now that Dave and Deena are finally together I want to see more of that..maybe a 4th baby. That would be my wish 

melanielore

[3]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    I like the Dave/Deena ending-but what about everyone else!?  So did Brian choose Stephanie or Laura-all he said to Laura was,"We need to talk." VAGUE!  At the bonfire it seemed like Nicole was jealous of Adam/Natasha.  Would they hook up again?  After getting jealous and seeing the kids-was Natasha ready to settle down?  What happened with Adam's job and his sleazy boss-how was that story gonna play out?  What about Ivy and Jimmy-they seemed pretty sweet and mellowed at the bonfire too.  I really really hate getting invested in any shows anymore because of this!  It started with My So Called Life,  then Windfall, Reunion, Related, Beautiful People, etc etc.  It makes you wanna just stick with watching the reality shows!!

melanielore

[4]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6

I forgot to mention Arrested Development too...

txgirl75

[5]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 23
    If it is the end then it was a good episode. The only thing I would have liked to seen at the end was Brian telling Laura he wants her and then they kiss. That would have been much better.

Jennifer8080

[6]Mar 27, 2007

For me it was Felicity! 

Dee4writing

[7]Mar 27, 2007

If this is the season finale it left a huge hole in our thoughts to think about and not what I'd consider a " good season finale" from the producers.  But if that is what is considered the season finale then so be it, Brian is still single as the show title implies, and no way will he get with anyone and last....his personality just doesn't reflect that in the entire show, so at least we keep on guessing in that aspect.  As for Dave and Deena, them renewing their vows was awesome, they are the cutest couple on television I think, and made a good connection in this show ...as for Adam and his relationships abound with Nicole & Natasha, do we see a little " three is a crowd" thing going on?  And Amanda and Laura are also vying for Brians attention so if this show ends it isn't a good ending in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the next season though, hope it works out, because this ending left alot to hang on the seat......

friendlyfan

[8]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    It seems like it could have been an ok Series finale since it closed up the story lines at least enough for us to draw our own conclusions as we see fit.  No humongous cliff hangers, but a few.  If it turns out that it is jsut a season finale (please please please) then there is still plenty for us to learn about too.  The title of it being What about Calling all Friends would be a good series finale since that is sort of the theme of the show (and duh the beginning of the theme song).  SO it seems like the show was made to be either or.  I voted no, btw.  Mostly because I dont want it to be a series finale.  But if it is I would be fairly satisfied, but not totally. I am so relieved that Dave and Deena are back together though, so that would be enough for me.

whanmore

[9]Mar 28, 2007
    I for one will miss this show if it's cancelled ...I've enjoyed it from the very first episode. Unfortunately, the signs don't look good for ABC to renew, which ...well, sucks. From everything I've read, the ratings continually stayed low for some reason, which escapes me. I read a couple days ago that Amanda Detmer has signed on to be the lead in a new series for the Fall, so what does that tell us? The season finale was a good episode, but it certainly left us hanging with the Brain-Laura-Stephanie storyline. That alone means it's not satisfying if it doesn't return, but of course the producers would leave us hanging hoping that it will be renewed. I hope it will, but suspect it won't be ...it was a good show while it lasted though.

friendlyfan

[10]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 5
    When I went to E! Online's Watch With Kristen site and voted to "Save one show" it said "What About Brian: Sources tell me ABC is hot on this show (and wants to keep relations with JJ Abrams' camp strong), but if ratings don't start ticking up, it could be a goner."

So the execs like the show. I have been voting to save it, but it looks like the ratings will tell unfortunately. The sad thing to me is that despite this rumor that the execs like it, why doesn't abc advertise it? Sometimes Im not even sure its going to be on because there isn't any mention of it at all. If they want the ratings to increase they need to promote it. I love this show and I think a lot of people would if they had ever heard of it.

Squizz44

[11]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 13
    Ya know, we hear an awful lot about ABC loving this show, but I really question that. If they loved it as much as they supposedly do, they would've promoted it better and actually given it a decent lead-in. The numbers did pick up when it followed "Dancing with the Stars," but it was too late by that point. You can't suddenly give a show a good lead-in after 20 episodes and expect tons of people to fall in love with it mid-stream. If they were serious about this show, they would've given it a better slot at the start of Season 2. But they didn't, it sank, and not even a juggernaut like "Dancing" could revive it.

7thheavengirl1

[12]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    The ending was a cliffhanger, and i don't like those endings.

charlo31

[13]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 8

txgirl75 wrote:
    If it is the end then it was a good episode. The only thing I would have liked to seen at the end was Brian telling Laura he wants her and then they kiss. That would have been much better.

I agree with you on that one. I think he would be so much more grounded with Laura. Not Stephanie. Stephanie is just another car girl.....

blabecky

[14]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    melanielore wrote:
    I like the Dave/Deena ending-but what about everyone else!?  So did Brian choose Stephanie or Laura-all he said to Laura was,"We need to talk." VAGUE!  At the bonfire it seemed like Nicole was jealous of Adam/Natasha.  Would they hook up again?  After getting jealous and seeing the kids-was Natasha ready to settle down?  What happened with Adam's job and his sleazy boss-how was that story gonna play out?  What about Ivy and Jimmy-they seemed pretty sweet and mellowed at the bonfire too.  I really really hate getting invested in any shows anymore because of this!  It started with My So Called Life,  then Windfall, Reunion, Related, Beautiful People, etc etc.  It makes you wanna just stick with watching the reality shows!!

I couldn't agree more...

anightinabox712

[15]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 23
    I Agree its a good ending for Adam and Deena  but i need to know if Brina went with Laura...I love them two!!!
    Edited on 04/13/2007 11:37am

vitaminjd

[16]May 4, 2007
    • level: 13
    No way.  Other than Deena and Dave (as previously mentioned), there didn't seem to be any resolution for anyone.  Not that we expect everyone to end up "happily ever after"... but it seems the others were actually mid-storyline.

HilljaFuFu

[17]May 10, 2007
    • level: 22
    It's a horrible series finale. In my opinion, it wasn't even a very good season finale.

hkbhuang

[18]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    I loved the show. I just watched the last episode. I know there isn't going to be a season 3. So yeah I am content with the season/series finale.