What About Brian Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Tonight's The Night

HilljaFuFu

[1]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 22
    Although tonight's episode "What About Calling All Friends" is considered the Season 2 finale...I'm pretty sure it's the series finale.

And although the show hasn't been put to sleep yet...hearing that Amanda Detmer (Deena) has just signed on to do a pilot episode for a show called "1321 Clover", to me says that says a lot about her faith in the shows return.

All in all though, it's probably for the best that the shows ending.

Sure I'll miss it, I've watched every episode since the pilot, and don't wanna see it go.

But it's ran its race...there's no viewers, and there's no longer any great story to tell in my opinion.

So as I record this episode tonight (for the first time ever...I've never recorded any of them) I'm going into it marking it as the end and hoping for a really nice complete series DVD with tons of special features.

My question to the rest of you though (whether or not you think it's the season finale, or the series finale)

What're you gonna miss?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cavanagh15

[2]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 35

Im going to miss the fact that we arent going to get everyones strories done in one hour. The series finale of this show should have Adam, Brian, Dave, Deena, and Nicole all with someone (Dave -Deena together, obv) and then the show could end. Not knowing how everyone turns out is going to be what I miss.

I believe this episode will be the Series Finale, just based on everything I have read.

txgirl75

[3]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 23
    I wouldn't be suprised if it is the series finalie.

lit1586

[4]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 11
    I'm happy with the way it was done. It would be good as a series finale

cavanagh15

[5]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 35
    WHAT!? Im sure the writers would be flattered that you think it made a good series finale, but thats NOT what they were intending and I dont think it was a good series finale, if this is the end. The heck with it - Imma make a poll. XDDDD

Jennifer8080

[6]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 1

The only article I can fine on that says this...now what does this mean?

"Detmer, whose involvement is in second position to "Brian," will play Sharon."

lit1586

[7]Mar 26, 2007

^ if WAB continues she will be on it instead of the new pilot

I don't think it could have been anymore closed due to the situation.

Dave/Deena are settled and happy.

Brian is obviously going to be with Laura

Adam is happy with that women

Nicole is the only one who really didn't closed ending, but she's not in a cliff hanger or anything.

Things don't look very good for WAB sadly They renewed 11 shows already and they need room for their new series Football Wives and others.  Was October Road one of the show already renewed?

Edited on 03/26/2007 10:49pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Character_Man

[8]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 13
    How in the world is Tonight's Episode comes out to be a Series Finale anyways? When Brian ask his lovely friend at the very end of the Episode let's talk. That does from there open up to a new fresh chapter to the whole series to be a 3rd Season of What About Brian. 
    Edited on 03/26/2007 10:11pm

lit1586

[9]Mar 26, 2007
    It could open a new storyline or close the current one which is the triangle and Brian wanting to be with Laura.

melanielore

[10]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm gonna miss Dave.  He was my favorite.

Dee4writing

[11]Mar 27, 2007

ABC announces continuing shows with many no-brainer renewals.

and then to add:

Remaining on the fence is another drama with limited following, sophomore show What About Brian.

Therefore they aren't sure yet if they will even add it to their lineup but I believe that there are a few I was surprised about, that were coming back like Dancing With the Stars.  Also Stacy Kiebler was on Dancing with the Stars and another show Kimmel Live or whatever his name is, so she's getting out there looking for roles.  IMO she isn't even that good of an actress and a little wet behind the ears and needs alot of work acting so hopefully if Brian does come back SHE won't. 

I love this show so hope it's not cancelled. 

philosopher76

[12]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    It's alright. The show's faith were hanging i the balance anyway. Good enough series finale.

jrnyroks

[13]Mar 27, 2007
    I just started watching the show when Kiebler joined the cast and got hooked. I ended streaming all of this season's episodes from abc.com. Just a thought, maybe if we all go on abc.com and stream this season's episodes, perhaps it will open up the abc executive's eyes some...

7thheavengirl1

[14]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    I thiught that it was going to be on, but i didn't see it, did anybody else didn't see it?

janiceday

[15]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6

I don't think that Amanda / Deena signing on to do another pilot is really a big deal.  Most tv actors who are not in blockbuster shows have a back up plan for the next season with new contracts that are contingent upon their current shows not being renewed.  Pilots are recast all the time because the actors that are tentatively cast find out in the eleventh hour that they can't get out of their current contracts.

Squizz44

[16]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 13
    Dee4writing wrote:

ABC announces continuing shows with many no-brainer renewals.

and then to add:

Remaining on the fence is another drama with limited following, sophomore show What About Brian.

Therefore they aren't sure yet if they will even add it to their lineup but I believe that there are a few I was surprised about, that were coming back like Dancing With the Stars.

You've GOT to be kidding. Dancing With the Stars is ABC's 2nd-biggest hit, and a Top-10 show in the ratings. If you're surprised by it getting renewed, well, that's just sad.
    lit1586 wrote:
    They renewed 11 shows already and they need room for their new series Football Wives and others.  Was October Road one of the show already renewed?
    No, October Road has not been renewed. However, it's in pretty decent shape given the ratings so far. Its chances are better than Brian's, at least...although that's not saying much!

tvcrazygal

[17]Oct 8, 2007
    Ah the show got cancelled, that's too bad it was a good show to watch. I would of liked to see it go on.