What About Brian Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

What About Brian Cancelled

supercin721

[21]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 30

I thought the show was really picking up in the last few episodes. I wasn't really crazy about the new apartment neighbors but I liked that Dina's marriage was back on. However, I'm not surprised that it was cancelled because, as already mentioned, the ratings were so low.

That aside, though, what always gets me angry is the cancelling of shows after filming has stopped. I would rather know way ahead of time so that writers can give fans a more complete conclusion to story arcs...even if its rushed, even if its not perfect. As it is, we got the wedding but we never got Brian, thecentral character, straightened out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ritzstix411

[22]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    sad to see it go but it is no surprise...

ez1jb

[23]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 14
    I wasn't really a surprise, the junk that most ppl watch on TV, I'm surprised that this show made it 2 seasons.

The shorter a shows' run, chances are, the better it was.

Nostromo21

[24]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 2

Just finished watching this show on the w/e & all I can say to ABC is WTF ARE YOU THINKING FFS OMFG!!!???!@#$%^&*()

I hear they've renewed formulaic drek like Rules of Eng & Christine (even though my wife loves Christine & RoE is watchable...just). But to cancel a brilliant show like WAB? Man, there must be more to decent tv viewing than farking advertising. There's gotta be a better way for the human race to choose & fund its entertainment than this lowest form of life on the planet (right down there with lawyers, used car salesmen & real estate agents!) *huge Shrek sigh*. Can you tell I'm pissed about them canceling this show? HMPH!!!

Squizz44

[25]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 13

I don't think anyone here is happy about the show getting the axe, but ratings-driven decisions are an unfortunate reality of the TV business today...

And both "Rules" and "Christine" are on CBS, not ABC. If you want to gripe about ABC renewing garbage, go with "The Bachelor," which is just awful.

cmsc55

[26]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 7

Really sad to hear WAB has been cancelled. We see the Finale here in Australia next week..

I've come to really like these characters, and when you look at the crap we have blanketed across our TV screens its a real shame to see it finish. I'm SO SICK of crime/medical/reality shows.... Where are all the GOOD character driven shows we used to love. :'(

Thanks to all connected to 'What About Brian' for giving us 24 epps of decent TV.

samarajunk

[27]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    Bummer, I wast just beginning to enjoy where the story was going on the last few episodes too!

concretegirl

[28]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    i HATE that they cut it! i HATE the way they ended it .. just leaving you hanging .. never knowing whether brian would ditch stephanie for laura or whether nicole would win the cat fight between her and natalie??
    arghh .. i had just become addicted to it!! but i guess the ratings were low..

tubbyjames

[29]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 4

It's a shame as they have just picked it up in New Zealand on a Friday night primetime with both seasons showing at once. Good show. May not be cancelled yet if it rates well in the foriegn markets like the UK then they could do another season.

Rosanna Arquette is underated and a example of a mature actress who offers huge sex appeal.

Edited on 08/10/2007 3:31am

msgolightly

[30]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 7

Just reaching the end of the series/show in the UK, and I've really enjoyed. What a huge shame it got cancelled. The last few weeks have been especially great. Definitely under rated.

gillmoss2000

[31]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    The series definitly improved as it went on. Afew years back "due south" got renewed simply because the Uk market wanted it so there is a glimmer of hope but I doubt it will come back. Another show in the UK a few years ago was called "cardiac arrest " and that wasnt recommissioned and the last episode was a will he wont he die cliff hanger after a doctor was stabbed. It is so annoying when they cant even commisson a short season or at least a one off special to tie all the lose ends up!