What About Brian

ABC (ended 2007)

What About Brian Fan Reviews (83)

• It's like a warm, cozy blanket!

I love most of the characters on this show, and that's hard to pull off. I think all of the actors are definite eye candy as well. As for the show itself, I find it touching, heartwarming and sometimes painful because it isn't afraid to depict the pain we feel in relationships sometimes, not just romantic ones, but family and friends as well. It's taken a few twists and turns at times that I wasn't expecting and it kept it me hooked. I look forward to watching this show every week! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
    PLEASE don't cancel it, it's GREAT!
  • What About Brian is a drama/comedy about three couples and Brian. Brian is the only one of the crew that is unattached. The show follows not only his search for the perfect woman to settle down with, but also the disfunctional sides of his friends' relati

I love this show!!! The cast is superb. This could well be the next big hit for ABC. The characters are definitely tragically flawed. You cannot help but to become enthralled in the story. The married couple that have decided the best way to fix their broken marriage is to sleep with other people. Who can help but to be appalled and yet devilishly curious about the irony of that situation. Everyone knows that this is not the way to fix a failing marriage, but the couple seem oblivious to the road they are going down. Brian's sister and her husband want to have children, but the only way to do so is to take infertility drugs. Her husband is against conceiving this way so of course she is doing it behind his back. Watching the last episode I was rolling over the effect the drugs had on her. Of course there is Brian's best friend and his fiancee. This makes for the biggest mess on the show. Brian is in love with his best friend's girl. The chemistry between Brian and Marjorie is unmistakeable. You find yourself rooting for the two of them to be together, although this would of course be devastating to his best friend. I really hope this show gets picked up for the fall season because I can't wait to see where it goes next!
  • After catching the pilot this evening, I want to voice my support for this lovely new show. It's romantic, endearing, and hooked me to the characters within the first few minutes.

After catching the pilot this evening, I want to voice my support for this lovely new show. It's romantic, endearing, and hooked me to the characters within the first few minutes. Barry Watson plays the kind of guy every girl dreams of, and it's refreshing to see a good old love story after so much reality crap. Not to mention a solid soundtrack, which is always a bonus in a good show.

However, I am wary of cancel-happy network executives this show shouldn't be subjected to too soon, as I think many TV watchers will grow to love it (particularly women). I highly recommend this show - give it a chance!
  • BRING BACK BRIAN. What About Us?

This is the most amazing show. Unfortunately, someone dropped the ball and short changed the viewers at the end of the season. The show has been cancelled with many viewers wanting more. Terrific show, unfortunate end.
    But isnt that how most of the good ones end? There are an unbelievable amount of us out here who need more than reality televison, and that is what What About Brian gave us. Anything but reality, yet it was so real. I love real tv, but not reality. Every character in What About Brian is believable and REAL. It was like coming home every Monday night. Please bring my home back.
  • I absolutely loved this show!!! Please bring it back...

This show had some of the best chemistry... I can't believe they didn't bring it back. I looked forward to watching it every week. I loved it!!!

What does a fan have to do to make sure their favorite show doesn't get removed from the schedule?? I didn't even know that the last episode I watched was the "series finale." Can't the network at least warn you that a show is getting cancelled? I think it's lousy that they cancelled this show. I would like to see them bring it back -- and soon.

Why do all the best shows get cancelled?? Please bring "What About Brian?" back!!!
  • personal favorite, better every season. I am patiently awaiting its return. do they ever outright let you know if a show has been cancelled? you just wonder and leave it on your tivo auto record... just in case. When is it coming back?

Waiting waiting waiting for its return. When is the new season going to start? They need to bring is back. The last espisode was not series finale -- in fact it wasn't even a season finale... what happend? i know it had viewers. Great show!!! I want "What About Brian" to return. Even my hubby liked this show. It is not one of the shows that he calls "teeny bopper- its okay to have sex as a teenager with whoever and evryone you want" shows. It is a real like , real experience show, only its not reality tv. It is a tv drama and a good one. It is a great show especially for those of us who grew up watching 90210. This is us now matured and still craving a great show with a great story line and not to many characters to follow. These characters are a tight group of family and friends, just like 90210, but they are older, out of college with kids (some of them. They are going through this like what we go through in our daily lives. Cheating, falling in love, rekindling the marriage, kids, just daily life in america with out the reality tv garbage. Just clean daily life in tv drama form. Absolutely wonderful-- now where did it go?
  • Bring this wonderful show back and very soon.

I want this show to come back on I absolutely loved this.I hate it when a really good show comes on and then leaves you haning wondering whats going to happen next and then it never comes on again.BRING IT BACK!!!!!! I mean I was really liking how things were coming with Deana and her husband I wanted to see how things came out also with Brian. I noticed he was on a new show already so this show probably isnt going to come back. Just to let my word be known I really like this show and I want it to come back,,,end of story...
  • BRING back What about Brian - can't understand why when you get a good show you don't give it a chance. You took off Commander and Cheif and now this. Who is making these decisions. Bring it back and October Road; Finally something worth watching

I love What about Brian. It's funny, and dramatic, and warm, and entertaining. You need to bring it back. People can relate to these characters. It's one of those shows that take you away from the every day duldromes, and lifts you up. The characters are teriffic, the cast is wonderful. ENTERTAINING to say the least. Please bring it back. This is one worth watching, it's one of those feel good shows, and we need more of them and less of the violence and police shows. It's someting I could watch with my teenagers, and they enjoyed it as well. That is rare in of itself. Love this show.
  • Bring back WHAT ABOUT BRIAN!

You give us 2 seasons of a great show like "What About Brian", then you take it away and give us back to back Wife Swap and then Super Nanny. What a worthless waste of 3 hours. Where do they find these people? My wife and I really looked forward to watching W.A.B. each Monday night. The stories were sensitive, warm, funny, sad, and entertaining.
    All of the characters had an endearing quality and seemed genuinely real. They dealt with real life situations. Just like we in the real world do. It always left you wondering and looking forward to the next eppisode.
    Bring back WHAT ABOUT BRIAN!
  • Please do not cancel What About Brian!! I absolutley love this show and do not want it to end. If it is coming back for another season - great, if not, please bring it back!!!!!

I am not sure if What About Brian is returning for another season. I absolutely love this show. It has been my favorite somewhat new show. I look forward to Monday night just because of this program. I am single and all my friends are married, so I can so relat to this show. I love all the couples and all the different personalities!! When I pull up the website, it says that the status of the show is "ended". I really hope that that is not the case because it is my favorite show on TV. Please keep this TV show on for many more seasons!!!!!!!!!!
  • Review

What I like about this show is that its the first "Drama Romance" television show that I could actually say I enjoy watching and not simply because I think its a guilty pleasure. I think the show has some of the best writing among drama shows that I have ever seen. I really respect the writers for not being afriad to just "off" characters to drop a huge bomb on the audiance. A lot of people may feel that with big characters such as Marjorie and Heather leaving the picture that the show becomes less watchable, but I really enjoy those moments at the end of the episode that just leave you feeling "WOW". I think that the show is at its best when everyone has a little something going on in the romance department, but thats nothing new. I think this is a really good show and I certainly didn't expect it to be when I sat down to watch a few episodes on ABC.com. Certainly one of my new favorites.
  • Adam told Margarie that it is too late and booted his wife to the curb. Brians girlfriend said that the friends are too protective. Dave agrees to the surgery. Margarie is leaving town to stay away from Adam. Brian is finally making a commitment!!

What about Brian...thank you. I know have something to look forward to on Mondays. The only problem is that I carry the effects of this fabulous show through the week. Adam has been a topic of several conversations in our home. I usually start by saying, "What is he thinking..". My husband usually end the conversation with, "Yeah, well Margarie is hot and she's a doctor..". I truly enjoy the multiple story lines and the surprising twists. I only hope that What About Brian does not get cancelled like too many other shows that I have enjoyed. What is wrong with having a light-hearted romanic comedy on the air? Do we really need more CSI's or Law and Orders?
  • One of the BEST shows on TV!!!

This is one of my favorite shows ever! It's about everyday life that I can totally relate to. Love the cast! Love the story lines! The relationships, friendships, your normal ups and downs; it's all packaged in a great story about a group of young people in LA that have a very special bond. I love how they all look out for each other and no matter what, they're always there; through thick and thin. New people that come on the show and into the lives of the other cast members also add a great mix and chemistry. Keep up the great work! I'm hooked!
  • I seen the previews for a couple of weeks before it debuted last night and I thought that it would last for a couple of episodes and that would be it but I watched it last night and its a really good show. It had everything for a great show.

I love the show and it has everything that a great show to last seasons. It has comedy, drama, and a good love story that alot of people can prolly relate to, I know I can. It stars Barry Watson, Matt I believe from 7th Heaven and he is the only guy left in the group that is single and he loves his best friends girlfriend. My advice, if you haven't seen it watch it, its one of my favorite shows now.
  • As a mom of 3 in my mid 30's I can totally relate to several characters on this show. I look forward to it every week! I certainly hope everone who watches this show sees how clever it is and how we can all see us in each characters shoes.

Amazing! You must watch this show! I look forward to this show every week! I certainly hope everyone who watches this show sees how clever the writers are. I can guarantee you will feel like you know these characters or even feel like one of them! Reruns can be see on cable, set your tivo/dvr to Monday nights at 10pm if it is too late to stay up. it will be the best show on the next night too!
  • Fun comedy/drama show dealing with Brian and his groups of friends and their social lives, their jobs and their ups and downs.

An extremely underrated and sadly prematurely cancelled show.

While the show is called "What About Brian" it's certainly not just about Brian. His friends feature prominently and sometimes take the spotlight, which is as it should be.

The series starts off with Brian, the single guy, while all his friends are in relationships.

Over the course of the series, these relationships break down, Brian becomes involved, becomes single again. Just like real life. People in this series make mistakes, lose jobs, sleep with the wrong people, even fall in love with the wrong people. That's exactly part of the appeal of the series. It's instantly recognisable. It's also very well acted and written and deserved at least a third season!
  • A group of friends try to cope with their problems and personal relationships in today's society!

This show is very thought-provoking and realistic in its portrayal of the problems people face in the world concerning relationships, whether that may be friendships, dating, being single, married or trying one\'s best to fit into society. Each character is flawed in some way, which makes him human and relatable to an audience. The show\'s blend of humor, drama and everyday dialogue makes it worthwhile to a broad audience. The show also continues to have some great twists and turns that you do not expect, which allows the audience to wait for the next show with eager anticipation. If you have not seen this show yet, please take a look because it deserves a chance to stay on the ABC schedule!
  • Great show for Barry Watson to do after 7th.

Barry gives a good performance as the guy in love with his best friend's girlfriend. A giant leap from Matt on 7th Heaven. Hope second season is just as good. I hope Brian's sister and her husband get to have their children. The guy Deena slept with was very hot, and I don't think their marriage will last. I want Brian to be wil Margerie. I am a fan of Sarah Lancaster, since she was on Everwood.
  • Great show on the wrong network.

Ok, Another show that J.J. Abrams had a part in that was GREAT! Instead of the teens and the twenty-somethings, you had a show about thirty-somethings and it had a superb cast. This show's cast is what made the show so great. I really miss this show. The complete series is available on DVD, and I went out and bought it just to see the last 5 epsiodes that I missed. I found myself watching the entire series from the beginning becuase it was fun to watch the whole show again.

Although it is over, I am glad I was able to at least see the last epsiodes. Too bad ABC dropped the ball with another J.J. Abrams show (Six Degrees). They didn't even bother putting that one on DVD. What is wrong with ABC? I feel as if all they want to produce are Sex and the city clones. They already have Desperate Housewives, and they butchered Grey's Anatomy's storylines too. Then came Dirty Sexy Money. Uggh. If it were not for LOST, I'd boycott ABC altoghter.
  • What happened...

3.2
    This show started of brilliantly, it had me on the edge of my seat eagarly awaiting next weeks episode. However after the 'What about the wedding' episode it appears to go downhill very very very fast. The special something that made so excited to see what would happen next has disappeared. The tension and story lines at the begining of the show were a display of clever writing. Will be very interesting to see what direction they take the show in now as it seamed to be built totally around the onriginal love triangle although other story lines did surface. All and all a lot of improvements need to be made for the next season
  • Story of Brian and his friends, family and finding 'the one' and knowing what to do when you do find 'her'.

What is going on with TV execs these days? Honestly, have they all lost the plot? This is the best show i've seen in years. And it only got 2 seasons. That's just crazy. The most well cast, well scripted, moving, funny (need i go on) show to hit tv in years. This show should inspire others, it certainly did me. Well done to everyone involved in creating it and boo to those who only look at statistics instead of how much people actually love something. Maybe they could do a reunion show to end it off the way we all desperately needed it to be.... please....
  • I Miss what about Brian !!

I really miss the show, I hope you bring it back very soon.
    It is a great show. I have a few favorite's and that was one of them. It seems just when I find a show I like then it disapears. Now one they can take off the air and that is Ugly Betty. What a Stupid show that is. I don't understand why they took what about Brian off the air.
    please please bring the show back. It will be welcome'd back forsure. Just when I find one I like they take it off the air. I sure hope it comes back soon!

thank you !
    yo
  • This was a great show. When is it coming back on? Please bring it back!!!!!!

Fabulous Show!!!!!! It keeps you on your toes, looking forward to whats going to happen next. It leaves you waitng and looking forward to the next week to see what, when, and who's doing what to whom or with whom. Every episode is different, not the same repeat of the episode before. Its not like all the other shows out there. I've been waiting for its return. When is it coming back on for season 3 or is it? They have got to bring this back at least to finish the story line, instead of leaving everyone hanging on to.........nothing. Please bring this wonderful show back on the air and get rid of the stupid new shows like Pushing Daisies, and some of those other 30 minute shows that no one watches.
  • why was it pulled?

when it rates so highly. yet another show that is a two season wonder! What am I going to do without this show to make the week so much brighter. The characters are great the storylines are fantastic and engrossing. What more can you want from a tv show! What about brian gets axed yet stupid Lost and desperate housewives live on?????? WHere is the justice! I hope that all involved with what about brian continue to work on other excellent shows that manage to servive the corporate hoo haa that seems to be tv these days! Its all money instead of quality tv!
  • The show revolves around a group of friends and the main character is Brian and his best friend Adam. It centers around all their love lives. This show demonstrates the perfect meaning of family. its unique since it actually films at actual places!

WHAT THE HECK??!!!!!ARe the producers crazy???or are the viewers?this show was completely awesome!!!i think if it was in a better time slot or more ads would have boosted the show's ratings!i hardly ever heard about it.i am so devastated and angry that this show got canceled!!!!!!this deserves to be on the air!give it one more try! the plot is great! all the actors are perfectly cast.gosh i fell in love with this show juss by watching all the episodes online and watched all of them in less than a week!thats how awesome it was!=[
  • OMG!!!

The reason I started watching this show was, Barry Watson..from 7th Heaven(Matt)..lol But I truely love this show..it is great and funny. Rick Gomez who plays Dave is an amazing actor and same goes for Amanda Detmer who plays Deena, they are great together and hoepfully the writers keep them together and not divorced. Barry is great as well in this show..he plays such a different character than in 7th Heaven and I would have never realized how good of an actor he really is if he never did this show...I would probably not be watching it because it would have never caught my eye without Barry.
  • This is a great fun show with normal characters that we can all relate to. Keep up the good work.

I love this show. Its fun to watch and think Dave is an absolute riot, these are the kind of people you wouldnt mind having as friends. They also deal with normal issues which make watching it more enjoyable and realastic. I have told my daughter to watch and she agrees, she loves it and all the girls in her dorm sit and chat while they watch it.
    Keep up the good work and continue to entertain us. We will keep watching and enjoying all the fun stuff they seem to get into. I cant wait to see what happens now that Marjorie is back.
  • Out of this world!!!!!!!!! One of my all time favorites.

I think What About Brian is the best show that has come along in a long time. My only complaint is that Marjorie hasnt been on in a while. I thought the story line with her, Brian and Adam was the greatest. The anticipation every week was great. Please Bring her back on the show.
  • Season 1 and Season 2

What About Brian is a refreshing and brilliant show. WOW, a show finally worth watching. All of my girlfriends and I watch and discuss the show, even my 66 year old mum loves to watch up here in Sarnia, Ontario. Bravo, Bravo. It is my "Thirty Something" for my generation. I can't wait to find out what happens this season. The characters are perfect, the actors are wonderful. The story line, you can relate to . We need to keep this show going. More people need to know about What About Brian. Each person I tell to watch gets hooked! Thanks ABC for continuing with the new episodes. we'll be watching up here in Canada. We love You Barry.
  • The creators, writers, producers and directors are DEAD on with this hit show!

This show IS absolutely FABULOUS! I've watched from the very first episode and haven't missed one yet! The characters are great and the actors that portray them are even better. I hope this show sticks around for a long time! We need to keep great shows like this on the air!!
< 1 2 3