What I Like About You Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Not liking it

SeerMagicX

[1]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 16

I enjoyed season 1, it was simple & fun. however i'm a few episodes into season 2 and I don't like it all. To many characters and the stuff between val/holly isn't he same/right.

Does it go back to being how it was? or is the beginning of season 2 a good demonstration of how the rest of the show will be?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canogaparkcindy

[2]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 49
    SeerMagicX wrote:

I enjoyed season 1, it was simple & fun. however i'm a few episodes into season 2 and I don't like it all. To many characters and the stuff between val/holly isn't he same/right.

Does it go back to being how it was? or is the beginning of season 2 a good demonstration of how the rest of the show will be?

Well I have to agree season 2 had some major changes from Season 1. But throughout the show Val & Holly have a lot of sister moments. So just keep watching. "The Loft" reminds me of season one episode.

SeerMagicX

[3]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 16

I did keep watching, I did like it better with each episode. I still don't like Vince, I love Lauren. and i feel they need to do more with Tina. and what happened to jeff? why did they write him off?

PS - Is that Katie Cassidy in your avatar?

Edited on 01/10/2009 12:13am

bliarxoxo

[4]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    i thought every season was good !

Canogaparkcindy

[5]Mar 15, 2009
    SeerMagicX wrote:

I did keep watching, I did like it better with each episode. I still don't like Vince, I love Lauren. and i feel they need to do more with Tina. and what happened to jeff? why did they write him off?

They took Jeff off the show because Val & him broke up. I was so disappointed when it happened. And yes that is Katie Cassidy.

ireeagle

[6]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:
    SeerMagicX wrote:

They took Jeff off the show because Val & him broke up. I was so disappointed when it happened. And yes that is Katie Cassidy.

Season 1 was the best, but afterwards I gave up watching this show. I guess seasons 2, 3, and 4 were considered OVERLOOKED, so does the whole WB network.

leeseygirl

[7]May 10, 2009
    • level: 46
    I am huge fan of this show, but after Season 1 it all kind of went downhill...

SillySophie

[8]May 11, 2009
    I'm the opposite I guess. I didn't enjoy season 1 that much, at least not the first third of the season. Jennie Garth was pregnant and had to hide behind props all the time. After she had her baby and could come out from behind the furniture and giant shopping bags and stuff and do the same physical comedy that Amanda Bynes was doing then I enjoyed it more. I think season 2 is my favorite. I wasn't much of a Ben fan in season 3 or a Vic fan in season 4.

Canogaparkcindy

[9]May 11, 2009

A lot of people like Season 1 better because of the innocence, and more of a active plots. But most people like Seasons 2-4 because of the romance, and the major changes. I like the whole series. Best season: 2 ( in my opinion )

AnilThornberry

[10]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 19
    Season 1 def. had more comedy but I love the other seasons 2 because of the changing cast. Season 1 was made up of only 4 characters which was small, I think the show was more enjoyable with more characters because the stories didn't just involve around 4 characters. I like the whole show.

ireeagle

[11]Jul 25, 2009
    AnilThornberry wrote:
    Season 1 def. had more comedy but I love the other seasons 2 because of the changing cast. Season 1 was made up of only 4 characters which was small, I think the show was more enjoyable with more characters because the stories didn't just involve around 4 characters. I like the whole show.

THis show was a letdown when they got rid of Simon Rex. He and Wesley Johnathan were better actors than the girls. I prefer season 1 better.

paryah

[12]May 13, 2010
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

A lot of people like Season 1 better because of the innocence, and more of a active plots. But most people like Seasons 2-4 because of the romance, and the major changes. I like the whole series. Best season: 2 ( in my opinion )

I agree with you, I'd rather do without season 1. It was alittle too after school special for me. 2-4 had a distinct voice and it wasn't afraid to be kooky and neurotic like the girls. I miss this show sooooo much.

TeemerDJ

[13]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 12
    Do not get discouraged, the rest of the series is hilariously great and funny. Continue watching the series, though Season 4, might have you feeling very nostalgic and sad, seeing how it's the final season. Season 2/3 are very good.

I for one, prefer Seasons 2/3 much more than the first season.

ireeagle

[14]Mar 1, 2011

Here's the reason why I quit after season 1.

1) New people replaced Simon Rex.

2) Jokes and humor became corny.

3) Build-up of strong sex and vulgar.

4) Chemistry became weak.

I'm glad it ended at 86 episodes and I'm glad it did not reach 100 episodes and over at all. The only actor that I liked the most is Wesley Johnathan, who plays Gary.

SillySophie

[15]Mar 3, 2011

:
    I'm glad it ended at 86 episodes and I'm glad it did not reach 100 episodes and over at all. The only actor that I liked the most is Wesley Johnathan, who plays Gary.

Why did it matter to you how many episodes it lasted if you weren't even watching it beyond the first season? I don't understand when people want shows that they don't watch to fail. I don't watch an uncountable number of shows on the air right now and it makes no difference to me if they stay on the air for another 10 years or get cancelled this spring.

ireeagle

[16]Mar 31, 2011

SillySophie wrote:

:

Why did it matter to you how many episodes it lasted if you weren't even watching it beyond the first season? I don't understand when people want shows that they don't watch to fail. I don't watch an uncountable number of shows on the air right now and it makes no difference to me if they stay on the air for another 10 years or get cancelled this spring.

I'm not sure of what you are talking about.

SillySophie

[17]Apr 11, 2011
    I don't think my post was hard to follow. You said you stopped watching after the first season, so that means you stopped watching after episode #22. So my question was, why were you glad that the show ended at episode #86 and didn't go any longer when you hadn't been watching the show for more than 60 episodes? Why did you care if the show ended or kept going when it wasn't a part of your life anyway?

RAPTURE052111

[18]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 2
    SeerMagicX wrote:

Well its all matter of opinion so you would need to keep watching, but sounds like we have the same taste so I will say I loved s1 too ...the most.

Jeff was Vals best boyfriend. The rest of them had so personality, all looked alike, and were all meat heads. S1 was simple, funny, and original. Plus the opening theme song was the best in s1.

In s2 and 3 the writers succumbed to the whole love triangle formula, blah.

ireeagle

[19]Apr 22, 2011

RAPTURE052111 wrote:
    SeerMagicX wrote:

Well its all matter of opinion so you would need to keep watching, but sounds like we have the same taste so I will say I loved s1 too ...the most. Jeff was Vals best boyfriend. The rest of them had so personality, all looked alike, and were all meat heads. S1 was simple, funny, and original. Plus the opening theme song was the best in s1. In s2 and 3 the writers succumbed to the whole love triangle formula, blah.

Don't forget about s4 because it was the worst season of this series. Season 1 was of course the better season than the follow-up seasons. Not to be off-topic, but, I'm glad some off you don't like Sabrina Teenage Witch anymore because that show is already off air.