What I Like About You

The Perfect Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 2005 on The WB

Part one of a part-two episode. This episode was basically an example of this show's formula for this season. Holly & Vince always arguing while Val & Vic living life as newlyweds. Although the formula of this episode was quite basic, the episode was still pretty good. This and the next episode, I felt only got great ratings because they brought someone in from Jennie Garth's past on Beverly Hills, 90210. Don't get me wrong, Jason Priestly is a good actor and did a good job as Charlie. But I felt like the only way this show can up the ratings is bringing someone in from another show. Just like last season with Luke Perry. Yes, Holly & Vince argue a lot, and yes it's annoying. But in this case, it was humorous for me. I laughed throughout the whole plot and I'm glad they haven't forgotten the kiss between Gary & Tina. Vince wont delete the girl's numbers from his phone, and Holly wont take off Henry's gift to Holly, an ankle bracelet. All of this revolved around Tina's birthday party. "Let's party baby" And of course Val is falling for Vic as she almost shares a kiss with him. Things are left in cliffhanger fashion when we learn Charlie is going to propose to Val. Not the best cliffhanger, but still good.
  • Val goes out with someone she met at the bakery to try to distance herself from Vic. Holly and Vince argue about past relationships.

This episode was okay, but it wasn't the best I've seen. Val's part in the episode was great! The guy she dates to distance herself from Vic is creepy. After the first date, he bought her an expensive bracelet, and plans to propose to her on Halloween. I still can't believe Vic played along with Val and pretended to be her brother. I wished he would have said something and punched Charlie or something XD Holly and Vince were annoying! They argued about past relationships the entire episode! Their whining and arguing and kissing is really starting to get annoying...
  • Season 4, Episode 5.

Hilarious episode. I loved it. Jason Priestly (Charlie) and Jennie Garth (the sexy Val). I loved when Vic and Val pretended to be brother and sister, and Vic kept making comments like that she is a good kisser, slapping her butt, and calling her "Sweetheart."

Val (to Charlie): Ooh, thank you! I love flowers. Are you trying to get me to fall in love with you?
    Vic: Hey, buy her a bottle of tequila, she might marry you.
    Val: Ha ha ha! Holly (to Tina, who invites the gang to Vermont): Well, does it have good phone reception up there? Because Vince will want to call all of his girlfriends!
    Vince: Don't worry, I can always use Holly's ankle bracelet as an antenna!

Great episode.
  • Same basic things

Holly and Vince have trust issues again when Holly finds that Vince has numbers of girls in his phone. She gets jealous. Vince makes a remark on the ankle bracelet that Henry gave her. Val tries to show Vic that she doesn't love him by dating another guy. This guy is Charlie. Charlie is a little weird (maybe a lot weird) and he loves Val already. It's Tina's birthday.

This was an okay episode. The Vince and Holly plot wasn't that interesting. Just the same old stuff. The only interesting thing was Jason Priestly. He was funny. This episode gets a 7.5 out of 10.