What I Like About You

The Perfect Date

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 2005 on The WB

Part one of a part-two episode. This episode was basically an example of this show's formula for this season. Holly & Vince always arguing while Val & Vic living life as newlyweds. Although the formula of this episode was quite basic, the episode was still pretty good. This and the next episode, I felt only got great ratings because they brought someone in from Jennie Garth's past on Beverly Hills, 90210. Don't get me wrong, Jason Priestly is a good actor and did a good job as Charlie. But I felt like the only way this show can up the ratings is bringing someone in from another show. Just like last season with Luke Perry. Yes, Holly & Vince argue a lot, and yes it's annoying. But in this case, it was humorous for me. I laughed throughout the whole plot and I'm glad they haven't forgotten the kiss between Gary & Tina. Vince wont delete the girl's numbers from his phone, and Holly wont take off Henry's gift to Holly, an ankle bracelet. All of this revolved around Tina's birthday party. "Let's party baby" And of course Val is falling for Vic as she almost shares a kiss with him. Things are left in cliffhanger fashion when we learn Charlie is going to propose to Val. Not the best cliffhanger, but still good.