What Not To Wear Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on TLCIn Season

Not a Fan of Nick

Who is your favorite stylist?

Mags313

[1]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    I find that Carmindy is an extremely talented women when it comes to picking out the right make-up choices for people, however i am not a fan of Nick. I find that he doesn't always make the participants look better, in many cases i thought they looked worse. For example, in one particular episode, Natalie, a 20-something-year-old had this beautiful black, straight hair, and he decimated it. Why do ya'll think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LexClarkaresexy

[2]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    Well to tell you the truth I love Nick and most of the haircuts that he gives people. There are a few people that he does do a not so good job on but I think that he gives people pretty good haircuts. Plus if you ask me if I were asked to do someones make up and someones hair and I have never done any of those two things before I think I would be able to do an ok job than if I had to give someone a haircut I would ruin their hair completely. My point is it is a lot easier to do make up than it is to cut hair and with that being said I think Carmindy is an amazing make up artist and Nick is a very good hair dresser just sometimes he goes a bit a stray.

kenzie03241996

[3]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    I usually love his styles, except on the one episode, there was this red-head (I'm sorry, I forgot her name, she was a realstate agent or something like that) and he died her hair, like, fire-engine red!! The color was horrible!! But other than that, I enjoy him quite a bit.

rebachick94

[4]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 16

I like the haircuts he gives to people. I've always said I'd go on the show just to have $5000 and to have him do my hair. I'm very well-dressed though and I take good care of myself so I dont think I'd have the chance.

Oh, and hey Mags, it's nice to see you somewhere besides the Reba boards.

T_Brennan

[5]May 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    I have to say I like the haircuts he gives most of the times, really helps to complete the transformation.

Mdinkle1

[6]May 31, 2008
    • level: 35
    I'm not a big fan of his, it seems that he always cuts hair short.

KittyEmber

[7]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    I really dislike Nick! He's just interested in making the girls look "different", which is usually worse.

PixieLyssie

[8]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think Stacey and Clinton are what hold the show together. Their hilarious chemistry is the highlight of the show

DandMonkey4ever

[9]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    Yea, I don't get very good vibes from Nick. There's just something off about him or something. I liked the haircuts he gave in past seasons, but lately the haircuts are too drastic IMHO.

xlovedust

[10]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 45
    I don't like Nick either. He seems to get worse each season and yes, he's very into the short haircuts. Not everyone looks good with short hair and many of the hairstyles end up looking the same! It's entertaining to see that some women are reluctant to his hugs.

xlovedust

[11]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 45

PixieLyssie wrote:
    I think Stacey and Clinton are what hold the show together. Their hilarious chemistry is the highlight of the show

I agree. Not only do they have great taste, but they have a great sense of humor.

Drshelton

[12]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 4

I do not and have never cared for Nick. Look at his hair lately! I probably wouldn't sit in the chair the minute I saw him and what he has done to his own. That would make me want to run. I have to wonder if he can do anything else other than a short haircut. One doesn't really need to sit and watch this segment since they end up looking nearly the same every time. It doesn't appear that he ever takes the persons face/shape into consideration. Maybe sometimes it only needs a little trimming, a style added to frame the face and/or color change or enhancement keeping ones locks.

I would really like to see him step out of his "comfort zone" and actually show us what he can do with long hair styles. I completely agree that not everyone looks good with short hair. Longer styles are probably too much work for him.

greenparadox

[13]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    i think that he's a great hairstylist however, I've noticed that he does short haircuts...almost always, I don't think I've ever seen an episode where he didn't cut too much of a person's mane.

bonjovichick

[14]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 16
    I just started catching some repeats of this show from time to time. There as a girl who was engaged to a 'rocker" (he was awful by the way) who needed to update from her old frumpy hippy look. She had really curly hair and when Nick was done with her it looked way worse. Not entirely sure what you could do with it but that short made it look really really odd. It did look great the one time she straightened it. I think curly hair needs to stay longer to not be overwhelming and he just shortened it up and it made her look like a q-tip.

stellarchick86

[15]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 32
    My gosh I thought I was the only one who didnt like Nick much! Im glad Im not! On a personality level, I dont, I think S&C are adorable and hilarious, Carmindys really sweet and caring, but Nick just gives off this 'I dont care Im only here to cut your hair' vibe. And yes- he cuts hair short ALL THE TIME!! Its so annoying because I have longer hair (probably about the length Stacy or Carmindy has it) and I know if I ever had to be on that show hed chop it all off and Id look way worse because I have a round face which I heard is better with longer hair. I had my hair up to my ears a few years ago and it looked horrible with my face, plus my hairs thick, so it just looked bad lol. I do think sometimes people need it, itll look better, or they have too many split ends, or what have you. But sometimes he just goes in expecting to cut it short so itll be 'different than what they had' but yet he really shouldnt have. I think Nick only knows how to do like 3 hairstyles and long hair doesnt fit into that equation. I wonder if people ever go to his sallon in NYC and if they do, if they like it, lol.

krmujn

[16]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 1
    It's the SAME HAIRCUT ON EVERYBODY!

KathleenHall

[17]May 20, 2010

I think part of the point in this show is to make the look different. They got on here because they didn't look so great to start with. They are getting paid to be a model for a week and they get to take home a lot of nice stuff and start all over again.

They can always go back to ugly ....lol its always there!

And a lot of the people voted onto the show are either a bit strange or just think they know it all.

They wouldn't be there if they really knew as much as they think the do. But they always want the money and are ready to say they will do anything they have to, to get it. Most of them fight the hosts on show. I just watched one of the shows where the chick only brought 40% of her clothes! She fought through the whole show with everyone.....BTW Nick just ended up JUST doing color to her ugly hair! She had very nasty looking hair to start with.

She was so nasty,about the makeup even!

I would have never let the show go on if I had to deal with her. Her name was Rebecca. In case you can look the show up.

Edited on 05/20/2010 2:37pm

barbaraturner13

[18]Jun 14, 2010

i love nick and i miss him so much and he did make the ones that could look better better some people just cant look better

barbaraturner13

[19]Jun 14, 2010
    i remember her she was just ugly

stellarchick86

[20]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 32
    KathleenHall wrote:

I think part of the point in this show is to make the look different. They got on here because they didn't look so great to start with. They are getting paid to be a model for a week and they get to take home a lot of nice stuff and start all over again.

They can always go back to ugly ....lol its always there!

The point of the show is to make them look BETTER, not different. If shorter hair makes them look different, but not better, then I think they failed. Its probably why in all honesty that Nick got the boot. He'll be fine though, hes got his salon in NYC and we have another hairstylist that I think is better.