What Not To Wear

Tuesday 10:00 PM on TLC Premiered Jan 18, 2003 In Season

What Not To Wear Fan Reviews (119)

• Nicole Eggar

I always need to write the disclaimer first, which is that I love this show and even after all these years, I learn something every time I watch it. Stacy and Clinton are almost always polite, funny and optimistic. On the show with Nicole Eggar, however, I couldn't help but notice that they were describing her as uncooperative, difficult and, as Stacy said, Nicole had "reduced me to a What I saw and what I heard were completely different. Ms. Eggar is stunningly beautiful, and seems very smart, centered in her life, in love with her kids and just appears to be someone where the world is better off for having her in it. I was very impressed with everything about her. Yet Stacy and Clinton seemed to be inventing this "coflict" with her which, to any observant person, just wasn't there. I found that to be disturbing and makes me wonder how many other times they've done that just to have a good show. They are better than that and it was a real disappointment. I also don't understand why they keep pushing these participants to find a man. Perhaps Ms. Eggar doesn't want a man! It's 2013, and there are a million options out there. Can't we simply dress to please ourselves and forget about "hooking" a guy?