(1) "WML?" SPONSOR WATCH: Tonight's main sponsor is Remington electric shavers.
(2) MORE ABOUT "RECLINING FIGURE": Martin Gabel's new Broadway production, "The Reclining Figure," will open this coming Thursday. Written and directed by occasional "WML?" guest panelist and mystery guest Abe Burrows, "Reclining Figure" played on Broadway in two theatres -- first the Lyceum Theatre, then the Holiday Theatre -- from October 7, 1954 to January 15, 1955, for a total of 168 performances. Co-producer Martin Gabel played "Jonas Astorg" in the play; but of special note was that future "60 Minutes" newsman Mike Wallace -- in his only appearance in a Broadway production -- played the role of "Samuel Ellis."
(3) MYSTERY GUEST JEFF CHANDLER: The famed 1950's hunk makes his only "WML?" appearance tonight, for which his nameplate is set in the usual Title Gothic Condensed No. 11, with the type size the same as on the nameplates for the panelists and Mr. Daly. In 1954, Mr. Chandler had major roles in two movies, "Yankee Pasha" and "Sign of the Pagan"; in addition, he appeared uncredited as "the dying Cochise" in "Taza, Son of Cochise."
(4) "WML?" CREDITS CRUNCH WATCH: Like the start of summer, GSN's overbearing "crunching" of the end credits was another sure thing in this world, if the June 24, 2008 airing of this episode is of any indication.
(5) Following GSN's June 24, 2008 airing of tonight's show, the cable and satellite channel repeated the September 26, 1966 edition of "I've Got a Secret," with host Steve Allen, the usual panel of Betsy Palmer, Bill Cullen, Bess Myerson and Henry Morgan, and celebrity guest Soupy Sales. - W-B (2008)