(1) "WML?" SPONSOR AND INTRO WATCH: This evening's primary sponsor is Kellogg's cereals. And announcer Hal Simms used the "And now, let's meet our award-winning 'What's My Line?' panel" opening tonight; he will alternate between this and "And now, let's meet our award-winning panel of 'What's My Line?'" for the balance of the year, until the latter is used exclusively up to and including EPISODE #582 of September 24, 1961.
(2) "WML?" OVERLAY FONT WATCH: Tonight, all overlays are set in Futura Demi Bold, but special mention must be made of two of the overlays. For the first contestant, "Runs Charm School for Women" has underlines below the "Charm School" and "Women" text. For the lower-third overlay of mystery guest Fred MacMurray (who is making his third and final "WML?" appearance on this episode), the "ac" part of his surname was in lower case letters while the remainder was in all capital letters. (As a side note, the cameo of Mr. MacMurray's wife, June Haver, marked her second and final appearance on "WML?")
(3) LEMMON & MacMURRAY: One year after tonight's show, guest panelist Jack Lemmon and mystery guest Fred MacMurray worked together on another Billy Wilder picture, "The Apartment." The film's other co-star, Shirley MacLaine, never made any appearances on "WML?," but her brother, actor Warren Beatty, was a mystery guest on the first regular color edition of "WML?," EPISODE #830 of September 11, 1966.
(4) "WML?" CREDITS CRUNCH WATCH: After the United Airlines travel arrangements plug, the closing credits only go so far as director Franklin Heller's art card slide before cutting off. But once again, on GSN's February 7, 2009 airing of this episode, was displayed their demoralizing "crunching" of the screen.
(5) The February 7, 2009 airing of tonight's show by GSN was followed by the May 20, 1958 edition of "To Tell the Truth," hosted by Bud Collyer, with the panel this week assembled as Polly Bergen, Eamonn Andrews, Dana Wynter (making her "TTTT" debut; her appearance on this episode came one month after her two guest panelist appearances on "WML?") and Hy Gardner. The first game featured husband-and-wife steeplejacks Mary Ann and Mr. Lee Quinn and two sets of impostors; the second game featured Francois Rysavy (spelling verified; head chef of the White House) and two impostors; and the third game featured Barry Jones (an Australian high school teacher who won a trip around the world from an Australian radio quiz show) and two impostors. - W-B (2009)
THE STEEPLEJACKS ON MAY 20, 1958 "TTTT": Lee Quinn and Mary Ann Quinn made a prior appearance on a Goodson-Todman show when they were contestants in the second game of "What's My Line?" EPISODE #311 of May 20, 1956. Their appearances on these game shows were exactly two years apart from one another. - Suzanne (2009)