Andy Griffith did such a fabulous job in disguising his voice this time! Very deep and "throaty." He was there promoting his play "Destry Rides Again." This show ran until June 18, 1960, a total of 472 performances! Mr. Griffith was nominated for a Tony for Best Actor. Way to go, Andy!
MISCELLANEOUS GOINGS ON
1) Arlene recommends to us the book Bennett has just published, "Danger, Marines At Work."
2) Miss Francis dons a matching diamond heart pendant on her bracelet.
3) Dorothy spills her water and gets Tony's blindfold wet. LOL!
AHHH, THE THINGS THEY SAY
1) During the questioning of Mr. O'Mara - panel is at 8 down and 2 to go - it's AF's turn. "Is what you wear...? Do you...?" She stops, looks down, and sighs. That gives everyone a good laugh as it's quite apparent she's not sure where to go! It was a very cute moment!
2) During the farewells: DK: "Good night, Tony - happy 'Mating Game'." TR: "Thank you, Dorothy. Good night Arlene - happy 'Once More, With Feeling'." AF: "Happy Mating Game? That's SWEET!" - fiveninegal (2003)
Panel: Dorothy Kilgallen, Tony Randall, Arlene Francis, Bennett Cerf.