What's My Line?

EPISODE #689

Aired Daily 12:00 AM Dec 01, 1963 on CBS

• This show aired on December 1, 1963, although it has been stated that Gil Fates said the show was originally taped on November 3, 1963. This is why there is no mention of John F. Kennedy's assassination.

Again, Gil Fates is alleged to have said the show was originally taped on November 3, 1963, accounting for no mention of the president's assassination. I just watched the episode, and I may be looking for it, but the panelists, and especially John Daly, seem rather somber. Daly almost seems pained at times. The most peculiar thing is when Alan King is departing the show, John Daly says "...that was a brilliant recovery panel, and I'll have to give you congratulations..." It just seems something must have happened during the commercial break before Alan King came on. John looks so sad as he goes to commercial. Is there any definite proof that this show was taped on November 3, and not the week after the assassination? It just seems so strange that all of the other shows were taped live, but not this one....