(1) "WML?" SPONSOR WATCH: For this first regular color show of the series, the opening sponsor is Bayer aspirin.
(2) "LIVE" WATCH (OR, YOU KNOW IT'S LIVE ONCE MORE WHEN...): The black-and-white kinescope of this first regular color edition is the 27th surviving recording since Dorothy Kilgallen's passing the previous November to maintain the "live" wording intact on announcer Johnny Olson's intro.
(3) "WML?" PANEL WATCH: This is Steve Lawrence's first appearance on the "WML?" panel - indeed, on the show itself - since the seventeenth-season premiere, EPISODE #781 of September 12, 1965. Alas, tonight's episode will also be his final series appearance. Mr. Lawrence was on "WML?" a total of sixteen times since 1958 - four as a mystery guest, and the remaining twelve appearances, including tonight, as a guest panelist.
(4) NOT QUITE, BENNETT: In his introduction of "our panel moderator," Mr. Cerf asserted that viewers will be seeing John "for the first time in full color on television." Technically, that distinction fell on the special (and lost to history) EPISODE #225 of September 19, 1954 - not to mention Mr. Daly's cameo appearance in the debut episode of "Green Acres," "Oliver Buys a Farm," the year before this show. However, in terms of the period tonight's show first aired, most people would indeed be seeing the program itself in color for the first time, as there were more color sets in American households in 1966 than in 1954.
(5) CREDITS CRUNCH WATCH: The most recent airing of tonight's show by GSN, on January 16, 2008, had once again utilized the most objectionable "crunching" of the end credit sequence. The last time the end credits were shown in full screen was the previous "regular rotation" airing on August 15, 2004, and before that, on March 21, 2002.
(6) Following the January 16, 2008 airing of tonight's show, GSN ran the April 16, 1962 edition of "I've Got a Secret," hosted by Garry Moore, with the panel consisting this time of Merv Griffin (filling in for Bill Cullen), Betsy Palmer, Henry Morgan and Bess Myerson. The celebrity guest on this "IGAS" episode was Jonathan Winters. - W-B (2008)