What's My Line? Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

Anyone see "Infamous"?

ericisveda

[1]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    "Infamous" was the other Truman Capote movie from 2006. Same storyline as "Capote"-writing "In Cold Blood." Peter Bogdanovich played Bennett Cerf in it (a small part) and I thought he did a good job of capturing his personality. Good cast (Sandra Bullock as Harper Lee, Daniel Craig & Lee Pace as the murderers) and a decent movie. I think I preferred it to "Capote." It's on Cinemax again February 7th at 8 pm (CST) if anyone's interested.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stopettearoma

[2]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    I have not seen it.
    Edited on 01/31/2008 5:13am

W-B

[3]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 39
    ericisveda wrote:
    "Infamous" was the other Truman Capote movie from 2006. Same storyline as "Capote"-writing "In Cold Blood." Peter Bogdanovich played Bennett Cerf in it (a small part) and I thought he did a good job of capturing his personality. Good cast (Sandra Bullock as Harper Lee, Daniel Craig & Lee Pace as the murderers) and a decent movie. I think I preferred it to "Capote." It's on Cinemax again February 7th at 8 pm (CST) if anyone's interested.

I've heard of the film, but not seen it - but I trust Bogdanovich's portrayal of Mr. Cerf would've been more accurate than Dave Thomas's "impersonation" of him as "Bennett Cerb" in the SCTV parody "What's My Shoe Size?" Although from what I've read, Mr. Bogdanovich, in terms of height, is a bit shorter than the real-life Mr. Cerf.