What's My Line? Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

Episode 165

puzzlingpixie

[1]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 12

Does anyone know why episode 165 was skipped? I don't recall it being shown a few nights ago. It was the episode with the following line-up:

Game 1: Jack Finden - "Hotel Bellboy" (salaried; he works at Philadelphia's landmark Bellevue-Stratford Hotel; from Philadelphia, PA; see notes below)

Game 2: Donald Steckler - "Sells Babies' Teething Rings" (salaried; from New York, NY)

Game 3: James A. Van Fleet (as Mystery Guest) - "General U.S. Army"

I hope I'm not going crazy, because I'm pretty sure that one wasn't on. Did my DVR glitch, or does anyone know why they skipped it? Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marciasimonson

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    Yes, it was shown, and my DVR recorded it. If you have WML set on your DVR as a series recording, it should have recorded it. Sorry.

W-B

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 39
    You'll notice in the notes that though I missed EP. #165 (my bad), my contributions are as copious and detailed as ever. But it indeed was on.

puzzlingpixie

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    *sigh* I wonder why I missed it. My DVR is supposed to record all WML? episodes, though I suppose there might have been some schedule conflict. Thanks you guys.

agent_0042

[5]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 66
    What's your cable/satellite provider?

puzzlingpixie

[6]May 1, 2008
    I have Dish Network, so I know I should've gotten it. So I'm thinking my DVR must've lost its signal possible due to what I believe is a very annoying tree branch that has started to make it lose its signal. I'm sure it's not my network, probably just some failing of human error on my side.

agent_0042

[7]May 1, 2008
    • level: 66
    Oh yes, that's right, now that you mention it, I think I recall you saying that you have Dish Network in the comments on my blog.

astorino

[8]May 3, 2008
    • level: 62

EPISODE #165 aired in the wee hours of 4/26/2008, so check your DVR history. To do that, press the "DVR" button (on the remote) three times, to bring up the schedule. Then, use the blue "left" arrow to move the cursor over to the left. Then, use the blue "up" arrow to see what happened on 4/26/2008. You can usually find out what happened by checking the DVR history. (If you have a lot of timers scheduled, though, it may have already dropped off this history list.)

Also, check your "timers" to make sure both WML and IGAS are set for "daily."

Hope this helps you avoid future problems.

Suzanne