What's My Line? Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

GSN's Request-O-Matic

dad1153

[1]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 11
    Somebody on the 'Two For the Money' thread asked if there's any way that viewers can contact GSN personnel and provide them with feedback about what they do (good or bad). Yes there is. It's an automated-response system called REQUEST-O-MATIC (yes, it's a dumb name) that can be reached by clicking here: http://www.gsn.com/help/contact.php.

Just so you know though, this thing is perceived as a joke by most people that frequent the boards and forums of GSN because there never seems to be a human being on the other end of the line. People that submit requests only get automated responses from a computer thanking them for contributing. Up until a few months ago GSN regulars joked that the REQUEST-O-MATIC was attached to a paper shredder into which any requests from classic game show fans would automatically go. However, in recent weeks GSN has announced it will implement schedule changes that are precisely what the GSN forum visitors (and regular users of the REQUEST-O-MATIC, myself included) have been asking for: 'Press Your Luck' seven days a week instead of just on weekends, less 'Amazing Race' airings, an hour of 'Match Game' at 11PM weeknights, a fifth season of 'Lingo,' Bill Cullen's 'Blockbusters' weekdays instead of weekends, etc.

So, go ahead and post your requests/comments/feedbacks about 'What's My Line?,' 'Beat the Clock' or whatever your heart desires into the REQUEST-O-MATIC (http://www.gsn.com/help/contact.php) so long as you understand there's a 50-50 chance you're writing to yourself and nobody at GSN will read what you wrote. I've already complemented them profusely for not pre-empting the 'WML?' episodes that would have been skipped because of the 'Two For the Money' marathon. Good luck!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 66
    Sweet! I tried it. I thanked them for the non-preemption of What's My Line? I also asked that they do some more episodes of World Series of Blackjack and that they show the shows Tic-Tac-Dough and 21 again.

astorino

[3]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 62
    Yes, we can thank them for not skipping Mahalia Jackson!

ymike673

[4]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 11
    I just sent them a "Thank You". Hope this trend continues.

Linneman

[5]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 1
    ymike673 wrote:
    I just sent them a "Thank You". Hope this trend continues.

As did I - really have no idea if this will help but it cannot hurt.

port5170

[6]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 12
    so many great old shows out there, I wish they would show more, but yes I was glad they didn't skip.. I loved the Make the connection show, prehaps we can get rid of an hour of paid programs and show it..or to tell the truth, or any of the other Black and white classics

anniesmom

[7]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    I want to see the old Concentration and also a show called Treasure Isle from when I was a kid. I wrote and asked them so we shall see what happens. Interesting that they asked all sorts of questions about my computer?

agent_0042

[8]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 66
    They like to know what kind of computer specs their visitors are using so they can customize their website. Unfortunately, what it really boils down to is probably more Flash animation, which my aging computer really hates.