What's My Line? Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

Susan Oakland

Twowaditty

[1]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 3

Does anyone have info on Susan Oakland. I could not locate anything about her online. I checked IMDB and other sources but there is not much info on her.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

W-B

[2]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 39

Do you by any chance remember watching the editorials on WCBS-TV (Ch. 2) in New York in the 1970's and up to the mid-'80's, after the 6 P.M. newscast? There were two executives at the station who alternated in delivering said editorials. One was Peter Kohler (who did not appear at all on WML?). The other was the aforementioned ex-WML? panelist who by then was known by her (first) married name of Sue Cott (she was already married to radio and TV executive Ted Cott by the time of her panel appearances, up to his death in 1973).

What is known is that she appeared on a handful of game, quiz and panel shows (mostly produced by Goodson/Todman) between 1954 and 1969. Her birthday is Oct. 13 (as noted on one of her 1966 guest panelist appearances), and was likely born c.1934 (though where is as much a mystery as everything else). In the notes to EPISODE #824 of July 31, 1966 are some links of interest, including a recent picture of her taken four years ago at a society function.

What else is known is that she is by no means of any relation to the late character actor, Simon Oakland (of Kolchak: The Night Stalker fame).

Edited on 01/23/2008 12:24am

astorino

[3]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 62

Twowaditty wrote:
    Does anyone have info on Susan Oakland. I could not locate anything about her online. I checked IMDB and other sources but there is not much info on her.

This will duplicate some of what W-B posted, but I'm going to copy and paste another post I recently made in the GSN forum:

In 2004, I gathered and placed all that we could find about her on TV Tome, which was later transferred to TV.com.

On her first appearance, you can find many notes about her, including a link to a 2004 photo of her at a fund raiser.

http://www.tv.com/whats-my-line/episode-824/episode/98343/summary.html

At the bottom of the list, be sure to click on "All EPISODE #824 Notes" to see the second page of notes.

http://www.tv.com/whats-my-line/episode-824/episode/98343/trivia.html#notes

Suzanne

edbode

[4]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 1
    what I do remember is that john charles daly congratulated her for receiving a doctorate from columbia, circa '66-'67, on "What's My Line"