What's My Line? Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

The Names The Same - Dates

Twowaditty

[1]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 3

During this time in 1955 when Clifton Fadiman hosted TNTS, was the day moved from Monday to Tuesday? Reason being is that according to your records last nights' show was dated June 28, 1955.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 66
    BTW, for those that might be wondering, I checked the schedule and once this current run of The Name's The Same ends, they're going to be showing To Tell the Truth.

Twowaditty

[3]Nov 22, 2008
    Meanwhile my question was not answered. Was June 28, 1955 the correct date for the show the other night or should it have been June 27, 1955 since the shows, I thought, were scheduled on Monday nights.

W-B

[4]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 39
    I.I.N.M., it was at the point Clifton "Kip" Fadiman succeeded Bob & Ray (under whose disastrous stint as hosts TNTS was on the verge of changing into The Bob & Ray Show) that the series moved from Mondays to Tuesdays. We're also getting to the point where a few episodes aren't in the GSN and FremantleMedia archives (i.e. "lost to history"), so that there's a jumping from one week to a few weeks later.

Twowaditty

[5]Nov 22, 2008

W-B wrote:
    I.I.N.M., it was at the point Clifton "Kip" Fadiman succeeded Bob & Ray (under whose disastrous stint as hosts TNTS was on the verge of changing into The Bob & Ray Show) that the series moved from Mondays to Tuesdays. We're also getting to the point where a few episodes aren't in the GSN and FremantleMedia archives (i.e. "lost to history"), so that there's a jumping from one week to a few weeks later.

Thank you for the information. Btw, I tried to google for information on this show but could not find anything. Not even a list of the episodes and dates.

I do agree that Bob & Ray were terrible. Unfunny and just seemed very slow. My great uncle, Hy Gardner, was on the show for a month. I just wished I would have asked him about the show but I never thought about it at the time. Unfortunately he died of Alzheimer's Disease in 1989.

W-B

[6]Nov 22, 2008

If this was of help, Matt Ottinger's website had a page of TNTS episodes, with original air dates, panel configurations and guests. Unfortunately, a few days ago it was taken offline and no longer exists. Alas, many of 'em had only Bob hosting the June 13, 1955 edition, rather than Bob & Ray as was clearly seen.

ymike673

[7]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    TNTS did indeed move to Tuesday Nights at 10 PM when Clifton Fadiman became the host. The final episode date is often listed as 9/30/1955. This is incorrect. The date should be 10/7/1955. Mention is made on the program of guest Gil Hodges driving in both runs in game 7 of the 1955 World Series. Since that game was played on Oct.4 the final TNTS show has to be Oct.7,

pfrakes

[8]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    W-B wrote:

If this was of help, Matt Ottinger's website had a page of TNTS episodes, with original air dates, panel configurations and guests. Unfortunately, a few days ago it was taken offline and no longer exists. Alas, many of 'em had only Bob hosting the June 13, 1955 edition, rather than Bob & Ray as was clearly seen.

Could you post a link to this website? The pages which have been taken down are probably still on the Wayback Machine.

W-B

[9]Nov 29, 2008

Actually, the page is back online (as of this time), per:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/tnts.html

Twowaditty

[10]Dec 2, 2008
    W-B wrote:

Actually, the page is back online (as of this time), per:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/tnts.html

That was a wonderful listing of The Name's The Same. Thanks for sharing!!

cattaur

[11]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 10

I'm just wondering,why is the info regarding The Name's the Same listed here in What's My Line? rather than on the show's own board/episodes?

http://www.tv.com/the-names-the-same/show/2171/summary.html

(Obviously, it's because GSN has been showing it right after WML?, but why not work on adding the info to the correct show, rather than adding it here? The only real connections are that they are both Goodson-Toddman productions and the GSN airtime...)